2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Kids today-No respect for their elders

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2002, 08:38 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats ZBarrister..here's one for ya..four months ago when I had my last dental cleaning, my Dentist had just taken delivery of his Boxter S. He knew I would be getting my Z so he scheduled my appointment for tomorrow just before his two hour lunch so we can go out and play with our cars!! When his nurse called today to remind me of the appointment, she asked my wife.."Dr. wants to know if Pat has his Z?" When my wife told her I would be bringing it she said "Dr, will be very happy when I tell him!" As Doc Bonz said..smoke him AFTER the appointment..I'll update tomorrow night
Old 10-22-2002, 08:48 PM
marcZZZ
not a regular pain in the ass

Default Will it really be here?

Originally posted by rep15
Cracks me up. My son said I had to watch "Fast and Furious" before my Z arrives next week - so I did last night. It all makes so much sense now. Another world I am not apart of. Liked the movie though. Anyway, zbarrister, you are now a player, but work on the launch, ok?!
Yahoo Bob, will it really be here next week...from T & C Nissan? We must meet for a showing after Mrs. rep15 takes it to show and tell at school. So exciting, the last few days to wait are brutal. Good /positive thoughts to you rep15. Marcy
Old 10-23-2002, 03:04 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Dammit Jim...I'm a doctor not a bricklayer!!
Hey! That's from my namesake Dr. BONES McCoy!
Old 10-23-2002, 03:20 AM
Phatmitzu

Thumbs up

ALRIGHT!! I love "war stories". Nice kill, but it was an easy one wasnt it? I love to race too, but then I never go pass 60mph on local street, cuz when you burn them before that, they will get the massage.
Old 10-23-2002, 04:32 AM
tbcz

Originally posted by ZBarrister
Do not mock old school Star Trek references Tyr!!
Amen. Good Trek reference BTW. Tribbles rock.
Old 10-23-2002, 07:48 AM
nizl

That's from the horrifically terrible episode with the horta, where Bones has to use mortar to fill in the rock creature's wounds.

"No Kill I"

I'm only 26, but that's an hour of my life which I will dearly miss.
Old 10-23-2002, 06:15 PM
zcar70

Default "Devil In The Dark"

Do not mock old school Star Trek references Tyr!!

Consider it a badge of honor and of useless trivial knowledge that is taking up way too much space in my brain.

Name that Star Trek quote:

A Classic.......I think it was called "The Horta"

Another bit of useless information rattling around in my head!

Z on!
Old 10-24-2002, 07:42 AM
2003z

Default what about old guys

sometimes they have to be put in their place too! (although, having just turned 37, I fear I may be one too soon)

I was driving home from work at 530am last sunday, minding my own business on the deserted interstate, cruise set on 75. A new T-bird comes up behind me slowly, checks the car out and starts to try to race. I ignored at first, but he kept at it, so with a car length advantage on me and accelerating, I downshifted to 4th and got on it. It wasn't even close!

When I slowed down and let him catch back up (115 comes on real quick!) it was 2 old men probably in their 50s! The story differs from the kids though, they had big smiles and thumbs up!
Old 10-24-2002, 09:59 AM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Cool

"Old men in their 50's"

Will it never end
Old 10-24-2002, 10:51 AM
wxtornado

What's that saying?

You're only as old as the woman you feel - something like that
Old 10-24-2002, 11:18 AM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Quick...bring me a couple 20 year olds
Old 10-24-2002, 01:44 PM
Kahanakyu

Barrister,

Which field of law are you in?
Old 10-24-2002, 02:05 PM
timzerofive

Very good kill. Just wondering though, is the Z's gear ratio really that close together? I know its 6 speed and all, but you didn't hit 100 until 5th? I mean on my Eclipse I can hit 100 on 4th if I push hard enough. But a short street race, you actually have to go through 5 gears? Are you just shifting early because you didn't want to push your new car or were you pushing it to redline?

Also, I mean, I'm 22, but I've been in love with the 300ZX tt since it first came out and my cousin bought one and ran a straight pipe on it. I don't know why those retards in the integra wouldn't know what a 350Z looks like. It is only like the most talked about car in the last year. On either a GSR or TypeR, they should know they would get creamed, yet they still talked shiet? Shoot, they would've lost to an Altima!

So please don't assume all young people act like that, just ignorant retards that you ran into, cuz I sure as hell won't go up against a Z even with a $5000 custom turbo. Well... I probably would just for fun, I know I'll still lose cause of the turbo lag, but would love to see how I fare against one.

Last edited by timzerofive; 10-24-2002 at 02:08 PM.
Old 10-24-2002, 03:43 PM
timzerofive

Default Re: what about old guys

Originally posted by 2003z
sometimes they have to be put in their place too! (although, having just turned 37, I fear I may be one too soon)

I was driving home from work at 530am last sunday, minding my own business on the deserted interstate, cruise set on 75. A new T-bird comes up behind me slowly, checks the car out and starts to try to race. I ignored at first, but he kept at it, so with a car length advantage on me and accelerating, I downshifted to 4th and got on it. It wasn't even close!

When I slowed down and let him catch back up (115 comes on real quick!) it was 2 old men probably in their 50s! The story differs from the kids though, they had big smiles and thumbs up!
Ya some old people are annoying as hell too. I got bugged by this 40 or 50 yr greasy old guy in a corvette, and I was in a goddamn Accord. We made a left turn and he just gunned it, cut in front of me almost running me off the road and hit his brake. I went around him on the bike lane, then he gunned it again, went around me, and cut me off again. Ya, you a beat a 91 Accord in your 2001 Vette Z06, very impressing.

Then just earlier today, I saw in my rear view a PT Cruiser coming up from behind me fast on my left. Now, keep in mind there were no other cars around and my right lane was clear. He pulled up next to me, slowed down, and then floored it going past me, cut me off, went to the right lane, slowed down, then made a right turn. And as I passed him, it was another old bald guy wit his wife or something. I was like wtf?!?!
Old 10-24-2002, 04:19 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Old guys in fast cars....very dangerous...it's that mid life crisis thing...a male version of PMS..try to understand...we know not what we do
Old 10-24-2002, 06:24 PM
TJZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: those punks...

Originally posted by DaytonaBlue350Z
When I was driving my 96zxtt manual home on 680N after a very long tiring trip from LA late on Sunday night (<6hrs doing 90+ constantly and stopped for only 5 min once for gas so the engine was very hot), the fwy was empty and to my most left lane was there a little souped up civic with a young asian boy (Im asian too) looking at me flying by him at 80mph (slowed down). Then he floored his and caught up with me, and being already tired and a few miles close to home, I floored mine at the 4th gear (felt a little engine power loss after many hrs of hi speed ride) and was quickly leaving him until 120+mph. His was still 10 cars length behind for a couple seconds and that really ticked me off so I floored mine again at 5th gear. A few seconds later mine was zipping at 142mph (so far my first record) and his was two little white dots (headlights) in my rearview mirror. His maybe maxed out at 120+mph and could blow **** anytime then. The last few miles home were quickly gone by when I just saw the exit sign at a few hundred yards ahead, I pumped the brakes twice and watched the speed drop from 140 to 70 in a couple of ticks for a nice smooth fwy exit by hi speed 4-wheel steering (ala HICAS by Nissan). My ZX had only about 47K on it then. Still thinking what that 4 banger civic is like now.

was NOT reckless driving though on an empty fwy
Old 10-24-2002, 08:06 PM
ZBarrister

There is far too much Star Trek knowledge her to fool any of you guys!

How about this one:

I have killed my captain and my friend.

Kahanakyu..I do crim defenese.

2003z's story is a story about respect. Not the situation I was dealing with. Those were too great guys who were out playing with their cars. Gotta love a good attitude like that.
Old 10-24-2002, 08:19 PM
SoCalKid86

Alright, I am 16....and yes I drive a track 350Z...dont ask... Well anyways, I am a conservative driver on main roads and I never personally pick a race with the person next to me. However, some of the older crowd also want a lil piece of the Z's mind. One day on my way home from the movies, on a long stretch about half a mile until the next street light (residential-like area), a Boxster S was next to me before the light which led onto that nice long stretch of asphault. It was a man with grey hair and a polo shirt, the country clubber looking type in a nice Boxster S and some nice chrome wheels. He looks over, revs his engine and looks straight ahead after he gives me "the look." Well, I figure hey what the hell. So, light goes green and he pulls off a lil ahead, however by the time I hit second gear, i start slowly peeling in front of him...and before I knew it there was a few cars worth of space inbetween...now I know the Z aint supposed to be all that much faster if faster at all...but people need to recognize the brute power in them gears in our nifty Three Fifty's