2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Road Swine

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 10:49 PM
Jetpilot718

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by TZUNAMI

Hitch a ride boys.

And almost forgot, there's two G's in "******", just like there's two S'es in asshole.
Old 09-14-2004, 11:28 PM
AceJ587

Maybe I WAS alittle hard on the guy and I apologize, But whenever I vent (on a citation for example) I have Never gotten one I didnt deserve...I'll vent by telling someone the story and etc..but I wont make up BS allegations about the officer being on an Agenda, profiling, being HIS mistake, whatever..I always stand up to what I did. ..HOWEVER, again, Im sorry. You were doing 7 mph over the limit, which doesnt merit a citation atall, unless it was during rush hour or something, which probably wasnt the case here..what happened was, an error. Not SOLELY on the officers' part but on his equipment and it happens Quite often.:

From experience....Police Radars can be "screwy" at times..Sometimes, they register Two cars' speeds and add them up (it'll show 120MPH).The officer is trained to understand when this happens, look at the vehicle and determine whether or not the reading was accurate based on his visual estimate of your speed.

(Info: The class at police academies Cadets take to qualify to use the Radar is a 24 hour class, thats 24 hours long lol, as in two weeks, two hours per day.).the class is in Depth and this is a big reason.......THIS cop picked up (whatever it was...74mph?) On his radar, and for whatever reason assessed that Your vehicle was the "suspect" one, so to speak. He was on No damn agenda, but in all probability, his radar mis-calculated speed as they regularly do.

Therefore, in His mind, He WAS cutting you a break. He was at error making a false assessment of your speed, and in this case, it looks like you got screwed. Next time you see a speed trap, Slow down, as radars interpret changes in speed easier and more accurately that they can register 1 or 2 vehicles traveling at a constant speed.
Old 09-15-2004, 04:23 AM
TZUNAMI

Originally posted by roydiculous
Tzunami - what is your deal?

If you hate everyone so much, GO AWAY! What's up with your bigotry? "***ot County"? Time for you to BE BANNED.
I have no respect whatsoever for ******** who blame cops and make deragotory remarks. They need to show a little respect and take accountability for their OWN actions rather than blame the officer who is just doing thier job. I've gotten many speeding tickets. I don't blame the cop or cry about it like a little girl. I'm a man, I wear pants, suck it up, and take my lumps.
Old 09-15-2004, 05:48 AM
maxwell72764

If going 'only' 7mph over the speed LIMIT (read here -Top Speed-) is not breaking the law and should not warrent you being pulled over and ticketed, what then IS going too fast and ticketable (I think I just made that word up) and acceptable to you? We all take our chances when we go over the speed limit, do a rolling stop, choose not to put the front licence plate on in states that require it, over tint windows, etc. If we knowingly do these things and get cought at it, where do we have room to complain?
The cops on the road do a job that I, for one, would not do for 10 times the wages they are paid! All of them are human just like you and me and can fall into their "civilian" habits of speeding just a little or not using the turn signal.
As far as the 'collecting revenue' statement goes, who knows? Maybe he was. Did you ever do something you thought was stupid or pointless but did it anyway because your boss told you to?
Old 09-15-2004, 05:56 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by TZUNAMI

Hitch a ride boys.
Why am I not surprised that YOU had an image relating to homosexuals...

One more unproductive post to clutter up the forum...Weasel.
Old 09-15-2004, 06:47 AM
KShep

On the many two lane roads we have here in the rural SE, if I get pulled for doing 62 in a 55, they better just want to check out the car. They don't even blink at you unless you're 11mph over in a 55. Sorry you received a ticket.

Everyone has bad days, or maybe there has been a vehicluar death on his route due to a speed related accident and he's being precautionary to an extreme...you really just never know what to expect. I try to operate my vehicle to the limit of what I think is acceptable for the area and condidtions...if my assesment of safe speed differs from that of an enforcement officer who happens to clock me while I'm at it, well...my bad luck. Judging from the response you received...I'll just keep that experience to myself should it occur.
Old 09-15-2004, 06:57 AM
kcobean

Originally posted by maxwell72764
If going 'only' 7mph over the speed LIMIT (read here -Top Speed-) is not breaking the law and should not warrent you being pulled over and ticketed, what then IS going too fast and ticketable (I think I just made that word up) and acceptable to you? We all take our chances when we go over the speed limit, do a rolling stop, choose not to put the front licence plate on in states that require it, over tint windows, etc. If we knowingly do these things and get cought at it, where do we have room to complain?
The cops on the road do a job that I, for one, would not do for 10 times the wages they are paid! All of them are human just like you and me and can fall into their "civilian" habits of speeding just a little or not using the turn signal.
As far as the 'collecting revenue' statement goes, who knows? Maybe he was. Did you ever do something you thought was stupid or pointless but did it anyway because your boss told you to?
You have a valid point. Breaking the law (read: speed limit) is breaking the law, no doubt about it. But there is a difference between breaking the law and being unsafe. Moving violations should be issued on the merit of safety, or the lack thereof, not in the name of some ludicrous policy that is good for the counties wallet. I'm not arguing that there shouldn't be speed limits, but I am saying that the speed limit system is flawed as it exists today.

Have you ever noticed how ridiculously slow 55 feels on a major interstate? Wanna know why? Because it is! And isn't it convenient that on that major interstate nobody ever actually does 55, it's always like 60, 65, 70. Why is that? Because people CAN drive safely at those speeds. So why do you set a speed limit 20 MPH below what is "comfortable" for drivers? Because you can make money by doing so.

There was a study done a number of years ago in Montana which at the time (not sure if it still does) had no daytime speed limit on the highways. "Reasonable and Prudent" was what was expected. So they evaluated what people felt was "reasonable and prudent" and they found that about 90% of the people felt comfortable between 70 and 75. Any faster than that and they "felt" like they were going too fast.

Cars have gotten more stable, more agile, they stop better, etc., than cars did 20 years ago when many of the nations speed limits were set. Law enforcement knows that as cars can go faster more comfortably, people are raising their "comfortable speed" level, and that's great for revenue.

I agree that LEOs have a difficult job, and I don't necessarily point the finger at them for the shortcomings of the system they enforce. I think it needs to be evaluated at a higher level and the standard of speed-limit enforcement needs to change from a money making policy scheme to a safety enforcement that factors common sense and reasonable judgement into the mix.
Old 09-15-2004, 07:23 AM
Ahsmo
Imakecopies

Originally posted by AceJ587
F***ing Idiot.

you just Stole the "Moron of the thread" award.
okay ace, why did he pull me over?

Why did he try to search my car?

I did not get a ticket; I did not get a paper warning of any shape.

He said: "You sure looked like you were going fast"

Was I profiled? hell yes.

When I denied him the right of searching my car, I asked him who polices the police if he was to ignore my right to deny him access to my car. He said: "God is my police man sir"

I dont hate cops for doing their job, but when they find it nessecary to stop me at 10:45 at night and keep me there until 11:45....Not to mention the guy pulled a gun on me when I told him my insurance was behind my seat in a glove compartment.

The guy posted about a bad experience with a cop, I posted about my similar one. So go *derogatory remark* or something

Last edited by Ahsmo; 09-15-2004 at 07:33 AM.
Old 09-15-2004, 07:29 AM
kcobean

Originally posted by Ahsmo
okay ace, why did he pull me over?

Why did he try to search my car?

I did not get a ticket; I did not get a paper warning of any shape.

He said: "You sure looked like you were going fast"

Was I profiled? hell yes.

When I denied him the right of searching my car, I asked him who polices the police if he was to ignore my right to deny him access to my car. He said:” God is my police man sir"
That last quote tells you everything you need to know. That cop feels he is above the laws which govern his actions as well as yours. Wrong answer. I would have reported that SOB.
Old 09-15-2004, 07:41 AM
Ahsmo
Imakecopies

Originally posted by kcobean
That last quote tells you everything you need to know. That cop feels he is above the laws which govern his actions as well as yours. Wrong answer. I would have reported that SOB.
He was the police chief, who was I supposed to complain to? My daddy? no

I just go 20 mins out of my way to avoid that crap *** town. Ive gotten a speeding ticket there before on my motorcylce...

I paid the ticket. Then about a week ago, the DPS sent me a notice saying my license had been revoked and there was a warrant out for my arrest for not paying a fine in that crappy town.

I called down there to find out what the deal was. They told me I needed to call back in 2 hours when the secretary's lunch break was over...

Rather then that, I drove down there. The secretary was sitting there chatting to one of the police officers. I knew I was screwed then. However, secretary walked back to a back room and pulled out papers that said I had infact paid the fine. She apologized and the police officer made some comment about my car. I walked out without responding.

I didnt hired for a job because of their screw up.. so blah I can flame on them however much I like
Old 09-15-2004, 04:17 PM
ZeaRay

That doesn't surprise me. My Z has drawn a lot of attention since day one. Most of it is positive, but obviously, not all of it.

I probably have my own pre-conceived notions. I've been commuting on that road (a rural divided highway) for 5 years. I've driven an LS a Grand Cherokee, an F150, an econobox and the Z. All the same speed, at the same time of day. There's no doubt in my mind that the Z was singled out. That might be attributed to the sign I pass at the local union office everyday: "no foreign cars allowed" It kind of sets the stage. For-un cars are often looked down upon around here, and the drivers of them are often judged by it. That's a fact. (never mind that my LS and Jeep were two of the worst lemons I've ever owned)

I hadn't considered Ace's assertion that it could've been legitimate radar error. That's not what my gut told me at the time, but I won't rule it out.

Maxwell: I think 11 over is a reasonable and widely accepting "ticketable" speed. I'm not sure why that's the magic number, but it even seems to apply in Canada - even when converted from MPH to "clicks".