Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Will the 350Z beat these cars...

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2002, 06:22 PM
steve c

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have run 2 350's (both broken in and owned by friends) in my 99 M coupe (that's a hard top Z3 with the M motor with only 240hp -- underrated).

I put 2-3 cars on both of them 0-100 (we stopped at that point because hey, it's the street). Same thing multiple times. My best run was a 13.68 if that serves as any reference. (I usually put 2-6 cars on S2000's (and I also own one) so I am betting the S2k and 350Z will be a good race.)

The Z is a nice car, but I imagine we are going to see the same syndrome that affected the S2000 crowd a couple years back. It's the first somewhat fast car allot of owners have driven, unreasonable expectations will result.
Old 10-28-2002, 06:33 PM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

Originally posted by steve c
The Z is a nice car, but I imagine we are going to see the same syndrome that affected the S2000 crowd a couple years back. It's the first somewhat fast car allot of owners have driven, unreasonable expectations will result.
Probably close to true. The Z is a great car for a lot of reasons. It isn't primarily a drag car in this version, though.

Of course, I'm not considering a Z because of its straight line prowess. I've got a Syclone in the garage for that kind fun.
Old 10-28-2002, 06:41 PM
94 TA GT

Originally posted by Zmeflyby
I know ls1s can kill the z easily...
but a lt1 stock for stock? ive seen s2000s take out some modded lt1s
im not scared
I have beat 2 S2k's, one stock, and one with exhaust. This was when I had only Subframe connectors, and a strutbrace.
Old 10-28-2002, 07:49 PM
reelmcoy

if there is a Z in the dallas area that would like to try a LS1 Formula, im game.
Old 10-28-2002, 08:46 PM
TurboAP1

Default Wanna see a video of S2000 killing the Z?

Bring a camera and race me.
Old 10-28-2002, 10:23 PM
TurboAP1

Default Re: Re: Wanna see a video of S2000 killing the Z?

Originally posted by LeeS2000
time & place
Anytime, Anyplace from the bay up to sac
Old 10-29-2002, 12:01 AM
StockLT1

Any of the 98+ LS1 f-bodies(camaro/firebird) will rape a 350Z. They lay down ~300 rwhp stock, just a little underated . A 2.73 geared convertible might be somewhat close, but barring complete driver failure its no contest at all.
Old 10-29-2002, 12:44 AM
gouki

Hi guys/gals,

I've just come from the S2000 Honda website (s2ki.com or something like that) and decided that enough was enough.

Firstly, its a terrible place, all they do is brag how they beat 6 cylinder cars all day etc etc, that an S is faster than the Z and so on. I tried to be as civil as possible but its clearly managed by 12 year olds and their MATCHBOX cars.

There are not many Z drivers on the S2K forum, but there seems to be a lot of S drivers on this forum.

CAN YOU ALL GET THE F*** OUT PLEASE!

My apologees to those who own both and can give proper kudos to the Z, but to the HONDA TROLLS, please GET OUT.

The Z is in a far superior league to the S, it was never designed to compete against the S blah blah blah.

People PLEASE stop COMPARING the 2, its stupid.

P.S. Sorry for my rant, but that forum is simply the most ******** website I have ever seen.
Old 10-29-2002, 12:45 AM
mrrsx350z

turobAP1 get it on tape an post it up on the form! I'm with yah, in fact I might bring out my Z too! I race two simple mod S2k and both driver didn't really know their car that is how I won. The S2k and the Z are both even in 1/4 miles but the Z is easier to launch so my money is on the Z. Go get him!
Old 10-29-2002, 08:42 AM
M Powered

If you guys are going to race in LA, then allow me to participate.

I will bring my M Coupe (hardtop roadster) I will also invite my friend in his 02 SS Camaro. I will bring along two 02 M3's; one 6spd and the other SMGII. To level up the playing field I will bring along a few 240hp M cars and an S4 as well. Let me know if you guys need more diversity.

I already raced a 350Z from a roll and I know the results so it would be pointless me to race. However, my friends are dying to get the opportunity to feed on some new Nissan Z's

Tonight would be a good time, since we are all going to meet up and hang out, you guys should join us!

Shoot me an email s4dukar@yahoo.com
Old 10-29-2002, 09:17 AM
THrussT

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gouki
Hi guys/gals,

I've just come from the S2000 Honda website (s2ki.com or something like that) and decided that enough was enough.

Firstly, its a terrible place, all they do is brag how they beat 6 cylinder cars all day etc etc, that an S is faster than the Z and so on. I tried to be as civil as possible but its clearly managed by 12 year olds and their MATCHBOX cars.

Hmmm. I suspect we have a little bit of pot calling the kettle black here but so be it.
My apologees to those who own both and can give proper kudos to the Z, but to the HONDA TROLLS, please GET OUT.
You want Troll to leave and yet you feel it's ok to barge down the door of another enthusiast site, lift your leg for a few seconds and then leave, complaining of the smell?

The Z is in a far superior league to the S, it was never designed to compete against the S
So why did you just make such a comparison yourself in the above statement?

No, it's not stupid. It might be exhausting but it's not stupid. I suspect there are owners of both who contemplated the other, so it's only going to continue, these debates.

P.S. Sorry for my rant, but that forum is simply the most ******** website I have ever seen.

You sound like my younger brother who when we played electric football as kids, always whined because he couldn't get his team to move in the same direction...they just all rotated in circles while the felt football vibrated on the playing field. BWAHAHAHA
S2ki.com is a great source of information and pride for S2000 owners, just as this site is for 350Z owners. Going to another site and whining about the membership's enthusiasm is like visiting the Acropolis and complaining about the rocks.

As for which car is quicker, it probably will always be a driver's race. The gap between both cars in most performance parameters could probably be equaled by the same amount of time it takes most of us to reach for your mouse.
I'd say that's pretty darn close for anyone to write "it's a given."

Enjoy the cars for their intended purpose (of which they are both different) and it might be eye opening. I'm not down with either owners of these vehicles pissing on the other. It's like Peter and Bobby Brady fighting over who gets first dibs on one of Alice's cookies.

Last edited by THrussT; 10-29-2002 at 09:19 AM.
Old 10-29-2002, 10:22 AM
TurboAP1

Default Hehehe

As some of you might have negalected to read the title of my initial post in this thread, I own a S2000! , not a 350Z. AP1=S2000 as Z33=Z350 (correct me if I'm wrong). Regardless, I'm still down for a race.

Originally posted by mrrsx350z
turobAP1 get it on tape an post it up on the form! I'm with yah, in fact I might bring out my Z too! I race two simple mod S2k and both driver didn't really know their car that is how I won. The S2k and the Z are both even in 1/4 miles but the Z is easier to launch so my money is on the Z. Go get him!
Old 10-29-2002, 12:11 PM
Slareau02

Wow, This thread is really pointless. I have an ovbious bias towards the Z here but I agree that they are both great cars.
TurboAP1, I'm guessing your car is turbod. Dear god, if you didn't beat the z in a staight line I'de be mad. Thats kind of a pointless race.
And for all the people yelling at the s2k fellows for posting their opinions, shut up, please, your embarrassing me and the rest of the members of my350z.com. Let's all just try to be civil about this.
Old 10-29-2002, 12:45 PM
rai

Originally posted by gouki
[they do is brag how they beat 6 cylinder cars all day etc etc, that an S is faster than the Z and so on. I tried to be as civil as possible but its clearly managed by 12 year olds and their MATCHBOX cars.

There are not many Z drivers on the S2K forum, but there seems to be a lot of S drivers on this forum.

CAN YOU ALL GET THE F*** OUT PLEASE!

The Z is in a far superior league to the S, it was never designed to compete against the S blah blah blah.

[/B]
I don't usually respond to this type of whining, but here goes. First this is this guys first post so take that into account.

--S2000 owners brag how they beat 6 cylinder cars all day... what difference does the number of cylinders make? (as if to say a 6 cylinder car is a badge of honor). Gee look I got a taurus (6 cylinders) it's a lot better than a hampster power 4 cylinder engine.

--MATCHBOX cars? what does that mean? The S2000 weighs 2800 lbs I guess that makes it a MATCHBOX (good one Einstein).

--Honda trolls please get out. I guess anyone that said the S2000 has been tested as fast as a Z must be a Honda troll? Sorry for stating a fact. (The S2000 has been tested and was found to be just as fast as a Z deal with it).
Old 10-29-2002, 12:51 PM
rai

Default Re: Something to say

Originally posted by Robert333
Note: edited by tbcz (and InternetAbyss)

I have somtehing to say

HONDA S2000's SUCK, sorry but its true. My friend has one and its slow as hell, he got beat by a 97 prelude, with just an intake in it. What is it 4 cylinders, HA not even a real sports car. So all you S2000 get out of this website because the Z is out of your league!!!

Oh and by the way, if any S2000's live in or around the VA/DC/MD area, I CHALLENGE you to come Z me!
This is the type of juvinile post that should get you banned from my350z. No yellow card just banned.

is there a moderator in the house?

Last edited by tbcz; 10-29-2002 at 03:31 PM.

Quick Reply: Will the 350Z beat these cars...