Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

What to look for

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 07:43 PM
bvbull200

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to look for

I apologize if there is a thread on this already, I couldn't find one with the search though, and if someone just wants to post a link to a thread, that's fine too. What I am wanting to know is what to look for when buying a used 350Z. I have been looking at some 2003 models with around 15-20,000 miles on them and am pretty interested in a base model (I would rather save the money and have a blank slate for any personal touches). I have only driven one thus far and wasn't too impressed with the feel of the shifter, but I am not sure if that was just that particular car. It seemed to me like there was an awful lot of vibration going on when it was in gear. But back to the subject at hand. Are there any faults with any particular models, or are there any specific areas of the car both cosmetically and mechanically that I should be aware of? All I know about the Z's are what I have read in magazines and online (and that is a lot) but unfortunately have no first hand experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

~Bryan
Old 09-24-2004, 08:26 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Check tires for front feathering, rattles (dash & rear view mirror), grease streaks in windows, grinding gears while shifting. Those are common 2003 complaints.

Good luck, enjoy it,

Jeff - zland
Old 09-26-2004, 06:30 PM
bvbull200

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by zland
Check tires for front feathering, rattles (dash & rear view mirror), grease streaks in windows, grinding gears while shifting. Those are common 2003 complaints.

Good luck, enjoy it,

Jeff - zland

Cool, I'll keep an eye (and ear) out for that. Anyone got anything else?