Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Help my axle keeps falling out after cusco lsd

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2004, 07:53 PM
Poizon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Help my axle keeps falling out after cusco lsd

okay, I just recently installed a cusco1.5way LSD and my passenger side axle keeps popping out. I know there must be something wrong with the retaining clip that holds it in, but I won't know for sure until monday when I take it back to my mechanic.

I'm curious if anyone has had this type of problem with their axle or after and lsd isntallation. This is the 2nd time it's happened in a week, and I believe the cause of the problem may have been getting the car airborn. I drive the pretty hard.

Also, does anyone get alot of noise out of their lsd's while turning at low speeds? I've got toyo T1-S's in the back, and I'm getting horrible noises as low speeds turning... from the diff and tires i think.

thanks guys!
Old 09-26-2004, 10:38 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

hehe you dont have a base model do you? and yes diffs click loudly. it disturbs people horribly if you drive through a parking structure
Old 11-03-2004, 06:58 PM
Poizon

Originally posted by ihatethatbobbarker
hehe you dont have a base model do you? and yes diffs click loudly. it disturbs people horribly if you drive through a parking structure
is it only the base model that makes a lot of racket when you add a cusco lsd i have a base model are you saying if i had a performance model and removed their viscous the cusco would be quite if so i would still have the base model because of weight but im still curious if its only the base model that makes noise that would explain why adam at z1 says his cusco doesnt make any noise and he doesnt have a clue why mine does thanks for your responce i really appreciate your help and by the way we solved the axle comming out of the dif problem they sent me the wrong axle it went to a different model z the left side was correct and the right side wrong too short compaired to the correct one but it didnt hurt a thing and worked perfectly even after slipping out of the diff
Old 11-03-2004, 07:03 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by dan maltzman
is it only the base model that makes a lot of racket when you add a cusco lsd i have a base model are you saying if i had a performance model and removed their viscous the cusco would be quite if so i would still have the base model because of weight but im still curious if its only the base model that makes noise that would explain why adam at z1 says his cusco doesnt make any noise and he doesnt have a clue why mine does thanks for your responce i really appreciate your help and by the way we solved the axle comming out of the dif problem they sent me the wrong axle it went to a different model z the left side was correct and the right side wrong too short compaired to the correct one but it didnt hurt a thing and worked perfectly even after slipping out of the diff
Jesus...All this and not one period. It must be the worlds longest run-on sentence!

Anyway, glad you got your problem solved.

BTW, did you ever find someone to sell you a set of Brembos?
Old 11-03-2004, 07:36 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

yeah i was assuming you had a bse model since it requires different axels
Old 11-03-2004, 08:52 PM
Poizon

gy-z hooked me up, he figured i really needed some brake calipers since i was all over the sight.I think people were counting to see how many times i would post the same thing gy-z is awsome he really is a nice person and did me right! I will definetely do business with him again if he will have me.
I am still courious if its only the base model that makes a lot of noise after installing a clutch lsd?

oh yea he sold me stock brembo track calipers
Old 11-03-2004, 08:58 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

all cars not just base Zs
Old 11-03-2004, 09:04 PM
Poizon

Thanks i feel better now But the lsd is definetely worth the noise!
Old 11-03-2004, 10:07 PM
ruff_life

Does he have any more stock brembo calipers?