Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chicks and Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 12:49 PM
stu46

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by zland
5th Ave has done a great job on your guys. Do you actually think a car is going to get you chicks? This kind of reminds me of what some people say about guys with big 4x4 trucks "Big truck, small p#%&#s.

I would not want someone to like me more because of the car I drive or house I own.

How about you own a 350Z because you like the car period?
It all depends. Some guys I know, that's how they are. Meet their GF and you're not surprised. Also, it's more common with spoiled kids. From what I've noticed.
Old 10-09-2004, 12:53 PM
Dissolved

Dont think I've ever picked up a girl because of my Z, but it certainly doesnt hurt your chances

They associate your identity with it as well. It's not just "warlord385 called me today." It's "warlord385 that guy with the 350z panty dropper called me today"

Or for you flamers out there " michaels invited me over for a warm steak and a massage tonight. You know, that crazy cat with the 350z mmm"
Old 10-09-2004, 01:24 PM
KrazY-2K

Originally posted by Dissolved
Dont think I've ever picked up a girl because of my Z, but it certainly doesnt hurt your chances

They associate your identity with it as well. It's not just "warlord385 called me today." It's "warlord385 that guy with the 350z panty dropper called me today"
Old 10-09-2004, 01:52 PM
Lerxst

I get lots of women telling me how hot/gorgeous/etc my car is. If they're cute, I usually respond with "it'd look even hotter if you were sitting right here..." (pointing to the passenger seat). Usually we both laugh and life goes on... but sometimes...
Old 10-09-2004, 02:12 PM
Chicken

Yes, guys seem to notice it (but that's our primal urge to seek out cars and car parts). The thing I noitce about women is that they tend to have two part compliments like...

Them: "I really like your car."
Me: "Thank you!"
Them: "A lot"

and

"That's a nice car."
:: pause ::
"A really nice car."

I like the two part'ers
Old 10-09-2004, 03:12 PM
NzZ

5th Ave has done a great job on your guys. Do you actually think a car is going to get you chicks? This kind of reminds me of what some people say about guys with big 4x4 trucks "Big truck, small p#%&#s.

I would not want someone to like me more because of the car I drive or house I own.

Exactly. To me this car is an escape from war, work, and women. Let's face it: at 4000 RPMs in 3rd in the city...nothing else matters. I'd rather no one ever know I own this car and just treasure it for myself. That way I'd never have to share the fun.

NzZ
Old 10-09-2004, 04:51 PM
NismoChic

Feel you on that one Z land. When I had the G coupe I felt it even worse but hey that's Miami - the new LA.

I like my Z , period !
Old 10-09-2004, 05:02 PM
DBZCat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haha! you guys... It works better for me since it is the other way around. so many compliments from guys... especially since a CHICK is driving... that's a plus!

although, there are a few idiot guys who are like, is that you boyfriends car? and laugh... and so do I

I agree about how chicks try NOT to look at the car even though they really want to. I get tons of comments about my car from girls, since they know I am not trying to pick them up they feel "safer" complimenting on it I guess....

which I can understand, because I don't want the guy to know I like the car and then think that is their way in with me. The ones you get based on your car are the ones that will spend all of your money and run!!!

Last edited by cat2102; 10-09-2004 at 05:04 PM.
Old 10-09-2004, 06:28 PM
bascelik

This car will pick up both girls and women, but the diff is with women YOU have to put effort first. I've been picked up many times... or, I should say, this car has been stared at by many really sexy women. Whether they're looking at me, or my car, we'll never know ...

Much more importantly, no woman has ever given me a minus for having this car. It has happened to my friend with a WRX, but never the Z.
Old 10-09-2004, 06:36 PM
Zendem

i'm with NzZ
Old 10-09-2004, 07:03 PM
obsidian02

Many women and girls like the Z, but most of them will never say to a guy "nice car". If I happened to know her, she always talks about something else rather than "nice z". Old women, on the other hand, never like my z. One of them I know look at the car and feel stupid. Her favourite best looking car is crown victoria.
Overall, my Z is less of a chick magnet.
Old 10-09-2004, 07:09 PM
KrazY-2K

A couple of girls have asked me for a ride. I'd say the Z "helps" you, but probably on the ones that you wouldn't want to end up with long term.
Old 10-09-2004, 08:42 PM
Zenvy

I purchased the car in winter of 2002/2003 when it kinda first came out. Many women that i knew as acquaintances wanted a ride in it ('instant friends')...but i know they just wanted to have fun in the car...so i guess that's ok. Also, a couple of women drove up next to my car and chit chatted with me. All in all...nothing too eventful.

Fortunately, my fiancee (gf at the time) didn't even know what a 350Z was and frankly did not care about the car. She thinks it is CUTE?!! (and to think i traded in my RSX because of that reason!!)

Bottom line...I LOVE to drive the car and it's a break from reality...it's a cool car to hear the engine and exhaust note...and anything else, such as attention, is a small plus.
Old 10-09-2004, 09:18 PM
tractng

Guys,

I had a few sexy ladies at work compliment me on the Z. One lady even offer to exchange her Mercedes for a day with me.

I gave a ride to this chick (fine) who was hitching a ride to work. She was around my neighborhood. Unfortunately, I am married .

Tony
Old 10-09-2004, 10:18 PM
tonio

when I first bought my G, I got looks here in there. After putting on aftermarket wheels it went crazy.. now I've taken them off and its back to normal.

The attention doesn't effect me because I remember how it was with the car I had before (95 corolla) so I dont pay it any attention. I am impressed by women that are actual enthusiasts though, one chick knew about the history of the skyline and I thought I was in love.
Old 10-09-2004, 11:31 PM
LemanZ

The best way to test out the chick really like you car is have your car parked, sit back in the cafe or so, during that hour while you enjoy your coffee, you will hear and see a lot of people comment on your cars. I find chicks are more interested than guys.

Old 10-10-2004, 11:01 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mine honestly hates my car. She's just not into cars in general. now shoes, that's another story

She never really comments on cars in general I find. However, everytime we are in the car together (a rarity, since the lack of back seats means wwe ahve to take her car since there would be no where for our son to sit!), she comments on how many people she see's staring at the car
Old 10-10-2004, 11:54 AM
KManZ
Banned

I took the ole Z-ha in for window motor repair, and got stuck in a Chevy Colorado rental for a weekend... I got more attention in that cursed truck in one night then I got from the Z all summer!!! So I am like "god, I can't wait to get my baby back!" Next weekend I drive to DC, and nothing at all... no looks, no nothing. I had a cloaking device of some sort on

Needless to say, while in the cockpit of the Z, the car is actually more of a **** block than a deal maker!

But where you cash in is on a first date... get it to where the girl is seeing the car for the first time when you pick her up, and you gain some serious score points!

The best line to use when they comment:

Them: "Nice car"

You: "Thanks... It gets me from point A to point B"
Old 10-10-2004, 12:54 PM
typhaon

Hilarious thread!

Especially the part about it being a dude magnet. So true.

I've only had mine a couple of weeks and can't see myself 'getting' a girl because of it - but I really don't think it's gonna hurt either

What... this old thing?
Old 10-10-2004, 01:44 PM
UsafaRice

Ok, I can comment on this one. I'm in Del Rio here, about 5 minutes from Mexico (or less). Any nice car you see on the road is generally from the base. Anyone with money buys a truck in this town.

Now, my Z is red, unlike all the pretenders to the sports car throne who got silver ones, yuck! (j/k) This car must look like a Lamborghini around here or something. Here are some stories. (Remember, I only moved here like 3 weeks ago.)

I was pulling out of the local Wendy's and I look back as I'm backing up. There are 3 girls/ladies in each of the 2 drive through windows crowding to get a look. !!! That made me chuckle.

I always park out of the way at Walmart, and I've seen people drive accross the lanes to circle the car at least a half-dozen times.

I was just driving along the road into town and I watched in my rearview two girls walking along the side of the road almost break their necks trying to stare at the Z as I drove off.

Even one of the local Z car drivers (there are 4 not living on base, maybe 5 now, I think a new doctor moved into town) chased after me so she could yell, "I love your car, I want it so bad!" This coming from a girl already driving a black touring Z.

As I was walking out of the post office last week, a little boy (maybe 4?) dragged his mom accross the parking lot (past a shiny blue C5!), got up next to the Z, and said to her, "Look Mommy, it's a red race car." I almost passed out laughing.

Just afterward, as I was driving through base housing, a tiny girl (maybe 3 this time) holding her mom's hand, stopped in the middle of the street and just pointed at the Z. I had to come to a full stop cause her mom couldn't get her to move.

At most stoplights or in driving, when there's some big SUV/truck thing in the left lane and I'm in the right, I can always look over to see the GF/wife whipping her head back around and the guy sometimes with a mad look if he saw. The best is when the Camaro or Mustang drivers speed away after they catch their girls looking, hehe.

Quick Reply: Chicks and Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz