2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chicks and Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 03:35 PM
stiv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I took delivery back in 09/02, the car attracted attention from literally every direction. I was sort of flattered but it was sort of overwhelming because I'm not into attracting attention to myself. I'm more comfortable blending in with the wallpaper so I chose not to drive it much during the "initial hype".

Now, about two years later, the "hype" has completely died down in the Southern California area and I'm a lot more comfortable driving it now. The only people who seem interested at this point are 9-13 year old kids... People, for the most part, completely ignore it and that's fine by me...
Old 10-10-2004, 06:39 PM
boma

i know how u feel. It attracts attention from all people good and bad. Like ghetto *** people that stare. I feel like If I look in my sideview mirror when a car is comming from behind me, I'll automatically make eye contact with them.

I enjoy driving my Civic around b/c it's more stealthy.

Last edited by boma; 10-10-2004 at 06:44 PM.
Old 10-10-2004, 06:44 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

There is direct feedback such as "nice car" when you get out of it or indirect. Being a high school teacher, I am amazed how many students in class will say to me "oh, you won that 350Z huh".
Old 10-11-2004, 04:20 AM
palmerwmd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was hanging at a parking lot with the local club crowd and I am not sure, but I think this highschool girl was hitting one me.

Now I do look a <lot> younger than most my age, but still she must have realized I was over 30?

Anyway, I resisted the temptation (yes, I guess, I <am> getting old).

Fred..
Old 10-11-2004, 04:22 AM
freerad

Originally posted by zland
There is direct feedback such as "nice car" when you get out of it or indirect. Being a high school teacher, I am amazed how many students in class will say to me "oh, you won that 350Z huh".
I think what attracts people is the smile I wear while driving "Z Loca". I've had people of all ages and both sexes comment on the car. The other day outside the grocery store an elderly woman, 80 or more, stopped me and told me how loved that "little sportz car". Before I knew it a crowd was around the car asking questions. I guess in CA people see so many types of cars. Here is NM it is trucks and SUVs so my LS Z Loca does attract some attention.

Being female I can't really answer the question. Women that are worth pursuing may notice the car but then want someone real to be driving it!

BTW, teacher also and my kids have voted me coolest teacher at the school but then again they are in the third grade!
Attached Images  
Old 10-11-2004, 06:21 AM
ZIABLO
I am Batman

get lambo doors and it'll be more fun than the first time you bought the car :-)

guys and girls both dig my z. the guys respect the car very much and the girls....they usually just think it's pretty and want to go for a ride etc etc. but i don't like materialistic girls. i've had enough of that.
Old 10-11-2004, 07:01 AM
amallari

When the Z first came out, it was the most attractive sports car, 2 years later there is alot of them. No more attraction! Does it pick up women? I don't think so, does it pick up compliments, yes. What is attractive is when you see women driving the Z that looks appealing IMO.
Old 10-11-2004, 07:46 AM
cedusett

This thread is great. From my personal experience, guys definitely comment more on my car than girls do. I do notice a lot of girls staring and such, but they're usually silent about it.

The girls that aren't silent about it are usually extremely outgoing, or extremely petty. I've gotten a few comments from girls that I think were actually genuine interest for the car comments, and a lot more that were from some money grubbers. One girl actually asked me to come over to her place after she pulled up next to me at an intersection! Needless to say, I think they're another good type to avoid

The drive through lane is always a good time though!
Old 10-11-2004, 09:40 AM
350zSpeedRacer

Hmph. Guys comment on my car a lot more than other girls do. Sadly, I mostly get dirty looks from fellow females. Never understood it (or worried about it long enough to care).

First question is usually, "Anything been done to it?"

I answer.

Immediately following, "Your husband/boyfriend lets you take his car?"

My sarcastic response, "Well, you know, he's a good husband like that. Especially since it's my car."
Old 10-11-2004, 12:46 PM
typhaon

I think it really depends where you are, as far as the novelty of the car.

You really don't see a lot of them in Boston and even fewer as you move out of the city.

About a year ago I lived in Irvine, CA for a while and saw them all over the place and they didn't stand out quite as much. Then again, it seemed like every car out there was nice.
Old 10-12-2004, 04:55 PM
Hazade

the main thing the Z does for me is gives more confidence.
of course if i can get them to go for a ride, its always a pleasant surprise as they walk out to my car. i dont really bring it up inside though
Old 10-12-2004, 06:03 PM
KrazY-2K

Regarding the novelty of Z's here in New Mexico, I don't really see any Z's out side of Las Vegas (except for the other two Z's here, a PPW and a Silverstone). In Santa Fe you will sometimes see a 911 Porsche. The Z isn't much more common from my experience there, too. I seem to see Z's a little more in Albuquerque than in Santa Fe whenever I'm up there.

The Z definately gets attention from mostly everybody down here
Old 10-12-2004, 09:40 PM
Shujun

Originally posted by amallari
When the Z first came out, it was the most attractive sports car, 2 years later there is alot of them. No more attraction! Does it pick up women? I don't think so, does it pick up compliments, yes. What is attractive is when you see women driving the Z that looks appealing IMO.
In the STL the Z is still rare. So are G35's. I get lots of stares and lots of cokmmpliments. Guys more than girls since my wife is usually riding shotgun. BUt I have had a coouple of executive type MIIFs interested in a "ride"
as well as many the teenie bopper two parter compliments. Too bad I'm married because the MILFS looked like fun. Sigh....oh well, time to shift...
Old 10-13-2004, 12:02 AM
350ZR2004

I dunno about it getting chicks but I gotta say it sure does attract GUYS!!

I had a Frontier pickup before I got the Z, lived in this house for 2 years, barely knew my neighbors.

Now when I drive down the street I get ALL the men waving and smiling....hehehe, you guys are so easy!
Old 10-13-2004, 11:08 AM
Jason

Most girls only pay attention to cars if:
1) They are a total mess (as in, you don't care about your car or take care of it)
2) Your car is very obviously MONEY (lots and lots of money, Ferrari style)

I suspect that your car means more to a girl after you're already dating her. She'll pay attention to how you take care of your car, she'll pop online and see what your car is worth, and most of the time - she'll just enjoy riding shotgun in your sexy beast of a machine =D
Old 12-22-2004, 11:35 PM
sarcasm82

I found this thread very entertaining. Im a Female Z owner and I notice the guys tend to always look my way (more than when i had my 92 celica) and I notice guys tend to get jealous when a female has a nicer ride than them... the girls tend to be very jealous or have the mentality that its "Daddies" car, even though it's mine.... its interesting on how the sexes react to things like that.....
Old 12-22-2004, 11:35 PM
sarcasm82

I found this thread very entertaining. Im a Female Z owner and I notice the guys tend to always look my way (more than when i had my 92 celica) and I notice guys tend to get jealous when a female has a nicer ride than them... the girls tend to be very jealous or have the mentality that its "Daddies" car, even though it's mine.... its interesting on how the sexes react to things like that.....
Old 12-23-2004, 12:39 AM
TurK

this thread only makes me wonder how it woud feel to have a supercar....
Old 12-23-2004, 04:40 AM
MA4

My Z is definetly an ice-breaker
Old 12-23-2004, 05:07 AM
Bostonian

Well it helped me hookup with my wife.

We were at a party(didn't go together) and starting talking for a while. The end of the night came and we just happen to be walking out at the same time. We were talking on the way out and I was about to say goodbye as I headed to my car, when she stopped me and said "is that your car?". BTW, this my old Z, a 86 300ZX.

Well, I said what ever guy in the world would have said "yes it is, want to go for a ride" Now it's 8 years later and we are married and we bought our first Z togther two years ago. A black 350z.

Quick Reply: Chicks and Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz