Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Blatant speculation on Nissan's nod to pre-orderers

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2002, 02:18 AM
brackethead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blatant speculation on Nissan's nod to pre-orderers

I just had this thought last night. Let me explain...

We know from my Nissan PR guy contact and also from Zisme that Nissan is planning to "spend a little" money and "do something special" to annouce the final stats to the pre-order customers. This hasn't really been clarified, and I suppose it might not even happen. But here's a best-case scenario:

What if... Nissan provided all pre-order customers free scheduled maintenance for the first X,000 miles or X years!

I got this idea because I read a review of the Jag X-type, a ballpark $30,000+ car, and Jag offers free scheduled maintenance up to 50,000 miles or something.

Wow, that would be too cool. Zisme -- if you're out there, what do you think about that idea???

If this is not thier plan -- and I wouldn't get my hopes up -- I *DO* think they should seriously consider it. What a reward that would be for all our patience, anticipation, and shameless unquestioned dedication to a product that we have had no access to until just recently (and only for a priviledged few!).

Any thoughts????
Old 06-15-2002, 02:43 AM
robbyn
Charter Member #79

I'm thinking that its gonna be more along the lines of a little souvenire a t-shirt, z key chain, or the absolute best we could hope for ....SOME Z LUGGAGE (hey I can dream). It would be cool to get free maintenance but that would cost Nissan some real money and I'm still thinkin that Nissan is gonna bump the price up after they get several thousand Zs out on the road providing free advertising, if that's the case they would probably figure they have done enough for us by getting us the low price. Of course, I posted a long time ago on the other site about the buy-one-get-one-free promotion. Under that promotion all pre-orders will also be given a PEARL-WHITE-BASE-350Z. Of course this was told to be in strictest confidence by Mr. Z himself and I am under strict double super secret probation orders not to tell anyone about it. DOH!!! ... everybody forget what I just posted.
Old 06-15-2002, 02:48 AM
LowFuel

Im with Robbyn, I'm anticipating something more like a t-shirt or video tape (dvd?! , maybe a limited edition key chain or model car.

Free scheduled maintinance is not cheap, and also the primary source of income for car dealers. They'd have to set up a re-imbursement system for dealers which is not a trivial undertaking.
If they were going to do that they'd make a much bigger deal out of it than a "surpise" in the mail.
Old 06-15-2002, 04:30 AM
Dave

Maybe they'll charter a plane, fly us all out to Japan ; Feed us, lodge us, and have us watch our cars being built!

Then after that maybe they'll pay for us to be on a 2 week deluxe cruiseship that'll float alongside the first batch of Zs coming to North America at which point they'll tell us they're going to knock off 10k off of everyone's car and! as an added bonus, give us unlimited mileage oilchanges, tuneups and provide us with enough tire replacements to last us throughout 24/7 burnouts for the next 350days (see the analogy?)..

That'll be REALLY totally cool...
Old 06-15-2002, 04:44 AM
MSOsr

Exsilio:

I bought a keychain just like yours at a ZZ Top concert 8 or 10 years ago! Is that what your chain is?
Old 06-15-2002, 05:12 AM
rouxeny

I have a feeling it will be something simple, like a T shirt or a keychain. Keep in mind that some percentage of people will be cancelling their orders because they either don't like the car (shock!) or have financial difficulties. Thus, I don't see Nissan getting carried away.

It would make sense for them to make the "gift" a public one, such as a t shirt, or license plate frame vs a private one like a video or a model. I mean, the more people that see it, the more advertising right?
Old 06-15-2002, 05:14 AM
kevintari

Default Re: Blatant speculation on Nissan's nod to pre-orderers

Originally posted by brackethead
I just had this thought last night. Let me explain...

We know from my Nissan PR guy contact and also from Zisme that Nissan is planning to "spend a little" money and "do something special" to annouce the final stats to the pre-order customers. This hasn't really been clarified, and I suppose it might not even happen. But here's a best-case scenario:

What if... Nissan provided all pre-order customers free scheduled maintenance for the first X,000 miles or X years!

I got this idea because I read a review of the Jag X-type, a ballpark $30,000+ car, and Jag offers free scheduled maintenance up to 50,000 miles or something.

Wow, that would be too cool. Zisme -- if you're out there, what do you think about that idea???

If this is not thier plan -- and I wouldn't get my hopes up -- I *DO* think they should seriously consider it. What a reward that would be for all our patience, anticipation, and shameless unquestioned dedication to a product that we have had no access to until just recently (and only for a priviledged few!).

Any thoughts????

Yeah, my $30k Audi has 4 yrs/50k mi maintenacne, including wiper blades, oil changes and roadside assistance (why am I getting rid of this car?!)

PS...I heard someone "official" at the event yesterday talking about a BBQ...maybe we'll get regional events where we all get to see a car before they arrive...?
Old 06-15-2002, 05:24 AM
LS350Z
Charter Member #56

If anyone saw the accesories list at their dealer nissan is going to make custom luggage that will fit our trunk space, and I don't think we'll get it for free.

If Nissan gave me a T-Shirt for pre-ordering my Z I'd be surpised.

[crossing fingers]T-Shirt, T-Shirt, T-Shirt[/crossing fingers]
Old 06-15-2002, 06:12 AM
jrreed350togo

Most of us would probably take getting our Z on time. August or course as promised the day we all pre-ordered. This is a summer car and we want as many warm days as we can get. Times ticking Nissan. I don't want no stinkin chain or luggage...I want my Z
Old 06-15-2002, 06:16 AM
2003z

Originally posted by jrreed350togo
Most of us would probably take getting our Z on time. August or course as promised the day we all pre-ordered. This is a summer car and we want as many warm days as we can get. Times ticking Nissan. I don't want no stinkin chain or luggage...I want my Z
I don't know what you were promised, but Nissan's press release and my dealer both said delivery between august and october.
Old 06-15-2002, 07:10 AM
jrreed350togo

Supposidly there's no deliveries in August at all. Don't say August if you're not going to make it happen. Everyone here wants their car asap. All orders taken in January, Feb or March even were promised a delivery date in August. If your dealer didn't tell you that I'm suprised.
Old 06-15-2002, 08:01 AM
brackethead

Unfortunately, most dealers were very uninformed about the pre-order process. I think in most cases we (the person ordering) knew a lot more than the dealer salespeople. If they said "August for sure" then they probably would have said it has at least 300 HP guaranteed and that the antenna definitely will be in the rear glass.
Old 06-15-2002, 04:52 PM
Z CRAZY
Charter Member #67

Default Re: Blatant speculation on Nissan's nod to pre-orderers

Originally posted by brackethead

I had a similar thought the other day. How about increasing the warranty period for us to 4 year 50k miles or match Infiniti's warranty.

Now that would be a nice bonus for ordering early.
Old 06-15-2002, 07:40 PM
BILZ Z

How about offering us a choice of tires on the car. I'm sure you folks out there on the west coastdo not need "all season" tires. I'm for SO2's or SO3's.