Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

who here has their Z sponsored? how and by who?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2004, 02:56 PM
DBZCat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default who here has their Z sponsored? how and by who?

hmm, just wondering how this sponsorship thing works and how you get one in the first place. Also what obligations do you have?

also, wondering how many people on here are sponsored, and by who!?

No your own wallet does not count! but if you want to put a sticker of your name on the car.... whatever...
Old 10-25-2004, 02:16 AM
Dragonstyle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My understanding of it is:

Usually when you first start off, you have to go to the sponsors you want/ think you can get and contact them or they may have an application for you to fill out...then they decide if they want you or not......usually you can also ask some companies if they have "sponsorship discounts" for discounts on their stuff....

Sponsorships usually last for a specified time period...and you usually have to pay a discounted price for products unless they agree to give you the stuff for free.....getting a full free sponsorship is hard to come by and its usually for those who really build show cars and show their car on the show circuit heavily.....

Usual obligations would include such things as placing their stickers/ logos on your car in specified spots or for a specified time period, promoting their products with flyers at shows, going to certain shows for them, making sure you go to shows, mentioning their name, etc........

It's best to build your car up first, get it out there on shows/ car sites/ car mags/ meets, etc, then go asking for sponsors.....since they want to see what you and your car can do for their company and products.....

Well, that's my two cents on sponsorships Cat based on what I've seen from my brother as he tries to get sponsors for his IS300....

Are you looking for sponsors Cat?
Old 10-25-2004, 07:33 AM
DBZCat

well, I don't know yet. A few people have said I could probably get one, with what i currently have and what i am currently planning to do... but I feel that by the time I would be a "prospect" for these companies, I would have already bought everything BIG.

I am just trying to find more info. about this whole sponsor thing to see if it is something I really want and can do. This summer I plan on taking my car to any show that I can, so... I don't know, just interested I think, althogh I don't know if I could put a huge sticker on my car...

AND, I don't want the sponsorship to take over my car and say you have to get this, you have to get that, cause the fun in modding is getting a unique package together that you like and no one has... hmm..

Thanks for the info!
Old 10-25-2004, 07:37 AM
Poison123
Google Bot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hot chicks always get sponsored
Old 10-25-2004, 08:00 AM
DBZCat

Originally posted by Poison123
Hot chicks always get sponsored
Old 10-25-2004, 09:35 AM
King Tut

Hot chicks with phat lips

on their sweet diamond black Volk GT-7s.