Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Official ZDayZ 2005 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 09:28 AM
Destiny350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by mcduck
Yep... Hotchkis sways and B+G sport springs.

Destiny350Z... you'll be fine if you're driving. Those that seem to experience some motion sickness are usually in the passenger seat.

This happens all the time with Lightning Guy. Some say it's his driving, but I think it has more to do with the higher center of gravity.
Ok I will make sure that I have a Dramanine cocktail before I ride with Lightning Guy, just in case!! By the way, would you and Lightning Guy please teach me some tricks?
Old 02-11-2005, 08:00 PM
Destiny350Z

I just booked my room!! I'm so exctied!!!!! I don't think I can go to sleep tonight!!!
Old 02-11-2005, 10:09 PM
Lightning Guy

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by Destiny350Z
Ok I will make sure that I have a Dramanine cocktail before I ride with Lightning Guy, just in case!! By the way, would you and Lightning Guy please teach me some tricks?
What kind of tricks are you thinking of?
Old 02-12-2005, 08:03 PM
Destiny350Z

Originally posted by Lightning Guy
What kind of tricks are you thinking of?
Not those kinds of tricks, Lightning Guy... you dirty boy!! Just something to impress my friends when they are riding in the Z!
But after I have a couple dramanine cocktails I might be feeling pretty friendly..lol!!

Last edited by Destiny350Z; 02-12-2005 at 08:07 PM.
Old 02-12-2005, 11:35 PM
Lightning Guy

WEll I can't show you Z tricks, I've only driven McDucks about 10 feet. TO hard to see out of with the Nismo wing, very hard to back. I'm sure some one there will be able to show you some tricks.

See Ya
Old 02-13-2005, 01:13 PM
Destiny350Z

WEll I can't show you Z tricks, I've only driven McDucks about 10 feet. TO hard to see out of with the Nismo wing, very hard to back. I'm sure some one there will be able to show you some tricks.

See Ya
Well, you can still show me some tricks they don't have to be Z tricks!

Speaking of "see ya" how are we going to tell each other apart from the tons of other people that will be there?

Also, speaking of McDuck....Hey McDuck, what kind of events are planned for the evenings, I hate going to sleep early!!
Old 02-13-2005, 01:25 PM
Lightning Guy

Well, you can still show me some tricks they don't have to be Z tricks!

Speaking of "see ya" how are we going to tell each other apart from the tons of other people that will be there?

Also, speaking of McDuck....Hey McDuck, what kind of events are planned for the evenings, I hate going to sleep early!!
I think we can come up with something for tricks, how would you like to go drifting in a truck?

Most of the folks I meet at ZdayZ last year are very unique characters and quite hard to forget. Many of which I still correspond with regularly. I've even met a really great friend, Bini2. You'll see:
Bini2
McDuck
Morris
Doug and his blender
Vandy
Chris
Randy
Dr. Bonz
Big Sexz
Matthew
many other cool cats with Zs
and me the square peg.

Speaking of Doug, is he going to bring my nice little blue nissan trailer again?
Old 02-13-2005, 02:42 PM
Destiny350Z

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lightning Guy
[B]I think we can come up with something for tricks, how would you like to go drifting in a truck?

Drifting!!! Count me in!!! I would like to learn how to do it too!!! I need to buy the video!! LOL Now I'm really, really, really excited!! Can we move ZdayZ to this weekend?
Old 02-13-2005, 04:20 PM
mcduck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking ZDayZ 2005 Newsletter #2

February 14, 2005

Hello again!

A couple more weeks have passed and progress continues toward putting together an even better ZDayZ than last year. This week, we have some very important information for you regarding ZDayZ t-shirts, our car show, and a couple more of our sponsors.

Pre-Registration & Event T-Shirts!

First and foremost, please see the additional form concerning car show pre-registration and ZDayZ 2005 t-shirt pre-orders. It can be downloaded from the FormZ page of the ZDayZ website, www.zdayzevents.com. Pricing and payment information is included on the form. Pre-registration and pre-ordering helps us greatly with planning and saves attendees some money. Basically, if you plan to enter the car show, eat a BBQ dinner after the car show, and buy one event t-shirt, pre-registering will cost $40 for everything vs. $48 at the show… a difference of $8! There are savings on individual shirts and dinners as well.

Forms should be submitted as soon as possible. Deadline for us to receive your pre-registration information is Friday, April 15, 2005. After this date, attendees must pay the full event day pricing and we will not be able to guarantee specific t-shirt sizes (though, we will endeavor to have enough shirts to fill orders).

Any questions about pre-registration may be directed to info@zdayzevents.com

Car Show Classes

For those curious, we wanted to share our class structure for this year’s ZDayZ Car Show. Remember, the ZDayZ Car Show is a People’s Choice event. All show entrants vote for their favorite car in each class. We feel this is more fun and a little more forgiving for the entrants since most will be driving all weekend and will find it difficult to keep their Zs “car show” clean.

Our Classes for this year

• 1st Generation (70-78) Z stock
  • 1st Generation (70-78) Z modified
  • 2nd Generation (79-83) Z stock
  • 2nd Generation (79-83) Z modified
  • 3rd Generation (84-89) Z stock
  • 3rd Generation (84-89) Z modified
  • 4th Generation (90-96) Z stock
  • 4th Generation (90-96) Z modified
  • 5th Generation (03- ) Z stock
  • 5th Generation (03- ) Z modified
  • G35 stock
  • G35 modified

A large amount of interest from the G35 community prompted us to include them in the show this year. We will also have some special awards. This year we will again be handing out our Long Distance award and a Sport Z Magazine Publishers’ Choice award. In addition, we will be giving out a couple of fun, new prizes.

Featured Sponsor Club: Smoky Mountain Z Club

Smoky Mountain Z Club is one of our new club sponsors for 2005. Based out of Knoxville, TN, Tail of the Dragon (Hwy 129) is a scant 70 miles away for this crew. So, I’m sure they are quite knowledgeable of the area and will be able to help the rest of us find other fun roads when the Dragon starts to become crowded later in the day. I have not met any SMZC members in person yet, but have been assured they are a great, enthusiastic bunch and are a good addition to our event. If you’re ever in the Knoxville area, shoot club president Rick Rawe an email and I’m sure the SMZC will make you feel right at home. Contact information can be found on their website, http://www.automedic.org/smzcc/

Featured Sponsor: Concept Z Performance

One of our returning corporate sponsors from ZDayZ 2004 is Concept Z Performance. Located in Glendale, AZ, this online parts vendor carries a wide selection of performance parts for the 300ZX, 350Z, and G35. In business since 1997, Concept Z Performance kicked things off with a ’92 Scarlet Red 300ZXTT and never slowed down. In the years since, they have gained significant hands-on experience with modern Z-cars and other Nissan vehicles. Check out their website, Concept Z Performance for their latest round of specials. For more information, visit the website or call them at 623-937-6400.

Featured Sponsor: TailoftheDragon.com

Another returning sponsor, TailoftheDragon.com (aka Tail of the Dragon, LLC) is an incredible source for information about Hwy 129 and the surrounding area. Their website covers everything from the history of the Dragon to upcoming events to where to watch for speed traps. They even have their own online store providing all kinds of Tail of the Dragon merchandise. In fact, the gang over at TailoftheDragon.com are helping us put together our event t-shirts again this year. So, when you have a minute, check out their site and see what all excitement is all about… TailoftheDragon.com.

That’s all for now. Watch for our next newsletter toward the end of February.

Andy Morris
ZDayZ Organizer
info@zdayzevents.com
Old 02-13-2005, 04:23 PM
mcduck

Destiny (& everyone else):

If last year's trends continue, you will likely find people to hang out with "after hours" when its really too dark to be running the roads.

Also, we are trying to organize a few evening events, but nothing too dramatic. Just some social events where we can encourage people to stay out a bit and where we can give away a few prizes.
Old 02-13-2005, 06:53 PM
Destiny350Z

Originally posted by mcduck
Destiny (& everyone else):

If last year's trends continue, you will likely find people to hang out with "after hours" when its really too dark to be running the roads.

Also, we are trying to organize a few evening events, but nothing too dramatic. Just some social events where we can encourage people to stay out a bit and where we can give away a few prizes.
Thank you McDuck, you are very helpful!!Social events are great! I must admit that I'm not the best person to talk shop with, I just drive!!! I haven't even changed a flat tire!!<--- I'm sure I could if I had to!! So if I have my hood up and I look like I'm doing something really technical, I'm checking to see if I have windshield whiper fluid!!! ....I'll watch 2 Fast2Furious a couple more times and pretend like I know what I'm talking about!!
Old 02-13-2005, 07:34 PM
Lightning Guy

Drifting!!! Count me in!!! I would like to learn how to do it too!!! I need to buy the video!! LOL Now I'm really, really, really excited!! Can we move ZdayZ to this weekend?
My drive is far shorter than yours. If you make it this far, the least I can do is take you out for a spin.

Oh yeah, I have a trick for you, roasting rubber: This is the pic out of StreetTrucks magazine of the NOPI winning burnout. BTW I'm driving and Bini2 is riding shotgun in this shot.
Old 02-13-2005, 08:48 PM
Destiny350Z

My drive is far shorter than yours. If you make it this far, the least I can do is take you out for a spin.

Oh yeah, I have a trick for you, roasting rubber: This is the pic out of StreetTrucks magazine of the NOPI winning burnout. BTW I'm driving and Bini2 is riding shotgun in this shot.
You are so thoughtful! Thank you for making me feel so welcome!...... Do you think I need Dramanine for the driffting too?
Wow burnout champ.!!! I bow to you!! Great pic!!
Old 02-13-2005, 08:56 PM
Lightning Guy

YOu don't need Damamine for drifting, just a cold beer afterwards. YOu are welcome for the welcome feeling, I'm not sure that is proper English, but oh well. We'll see ya there.

I do not know what mods of any you have done to your Z, but the Dragon is not as much high speed as it is, medium speed with very tight, blind corners. I'll get with McDuck and others and see if/what checklist might be wise for the weekend.

See ya
Old 02-13-2005, 09:00 PM
Lightning Guy

...Speaking of "see ya" how are we going to tell each other apart from the tons of other people that will be there?...
You can't miss me, the really big, really load white Z with the twin hood hickies

Old 02-13-2005, 09:06 PM
Destiny350Z

I do not know what mods of any you have done to your Z, but the Dragon is not as much high speed as it is, medium speed with very tight, blind corners. I'll get with McDuck and others and see if/what checklist might be wise for the weekend.

See ya
I appreciate the checklist very much!! I haven't done any mods to it yet but if you have any suggestions do tell! I'm going to put a nismo wing on it if I can ever get off work to go order it!!
Old 02-13-2005, 09:10 PM
Destiny350Z

You can't miss me, the really big, really load white Z with the twin hood hickies

Your truck is really nice!! Do I get to take pics with your truck too!!
Old 02-14-2005, 05:46 AM
Bini2

Time to get us off topic. Hey Suvavah....there is my arm!! I think I should say.....YeeeHaaww?!?!?!?

Lightning Guy's NOPI Burnout 2004
Old 02-14-2005, 05:58 AM
Lightning Guy

Your truck is really nice!! Do I get to take pics with your truck too!!
Absolutely
Old 02-14-2005, 06:00 AM
Lightning Guy

Originally posted by Bini2
Time to get us off topic. Hey Suvavah....there is my arm!! I think I should say.....YeeeHaaww?!?!?!?

Lightning Guy's NOPI Burnout 2004
Yes because it was on like Donkey Kong!

Quick Reply: Official ZDayZ 2005 Thread