Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why do some Z owners hate the Base model, ill tell you why!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2002, 08:00 AM
EnthuZ
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I HATE THE BASE MODEL

AND THEIR OWNERS!!!!

Let me explain.......here in Chicago, it gets dark.....EVERY DAMN DAY I need to put my best face foward, so I'll be the first to confess that it was the Duel Illuminated Vanity Mirrors that forced me to dis the base. But, if your base never goes out at night, then I guess it's OK.

So, if you own a Base Z, PLEASE stay home at night
Old 10-31-2002, 03:30 PM
WayneTN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I HATE THE BASE MODEL

Originally posted by EnthuZ
AND THEIR OWNERS!!!!

Let me explain.......here in Chicago, it gets dark.....EVERY DAMN DAY I need to put my best face foward, so I'll be the first to confess that it was the Duel Illuminated Vanity Mirrors that forced me to dis the base. But, if your base never goes out at night, then I guess it's OK.

..........I don't get it...............

Old 10-31-2002, 04:22 PM
ezee

Default Re: I HATE THE BASE MODEL

Originally posted by EnthuZ
AND THEIR OWNERS!!!!

Every other model is based on the Base.
You must...love the Base.
Old 12-09-2002, 02:03 PM
scrizm

Smile

My base model is coming THIS WEEK.... but I bailed on it in favor of the enthusiast; I just can't live w/o xenon lights!
Old 12-09-2002, 03:51 PM
rahilio

i got the base basically because i couldnot not afford any more but i love it i could have got the enthusiast i could afford that one too but... oh well at least i have a z and i love it i started upgrading the z last week
Old 12-09-2002, 07:21 PM
qirex

vdc is nothing like hicas.

its a safety measure that has saved my (zs) *** several times already.
As i get more comfy with my z and 28 fr power (had a 97 lude) i've found it has an "analog" quality to it i.e. you can modulate how harshly it intervenes based on the speed of your rotation.

despite vdc ive still wound up facing the wrong direction a couple times. Theres only so much you or any computer can do with cold tires on a damp/cold NJ morning.

btw im moving to san diego in the spring. i cant wait to use vdc in the dry!

p.s. mercedes stabilitrak system sounds pretty similar to vdc eh??

SS Touring 6mt
Old 12-09-2002, 07:27 PM
qirex

vdc is nothing like hicas.

its a safety measure that has saved my (zs) *** several times already.
As i get more comfy with my z and 28 fr power (had a 97 lude) i've found it has an "analog" quality to it i.e. you can modulate how harshly it intervenes based on the speed of your rotation.

despite vdc ive still wound up facing the wrong direction a couple times. Theres only so much you or any computer can do with cold tires on a damp/cold NJ morning.

btw im moving to san diego in the spring. i cant wait to use vdc in the dry!

p.s. mercedes stabilitrak system sounds pretty similar to vdc eh??

SS Touring 6mt
Old 12-09-2002, 10:30 PM
z461

Originally posted by rouxeny
This thread is stupid. Lots of people will agree that the Base model is the best bang for the buck. Seriously, it's a great deal, especially if you're very interested in going the aftermarket route. I don't think many people here would put down that decision.

However, for me (Touring), I wasn't interested in aftermarket leather, I want the backup of TCS/VDS, I'm a big fan of my heated seats, I wanted a LSD, and I'm slowly beginning to think the Bose is getting broken in (Not sure about that yet....).

Basically, we all agree, the Base is a good deal and provides a great car, especially to build on. I'm sure we'd love to see pics of your car when you've got all your goodies added on. However, it's really not that cool to bag on other people for wanting to spend more for factory options. Not everybody wants to mod their car, and yes, factory options will probably hold their value better than anything aftermarket. Personally, I'd really shy away from a used car with lots of aftermarket parts. You really don't know about the history.

So, lets just say, Base is great, as are all the other models. Put up some pics soon!
WORD...
It's been said before, YOU NEEEED VDC, i don't care how good you are, it'll save your *** if you're just driving in inclement weather and make an emergency maneuver, now matter how god of a driver you car, you CANT brake individual wheels. Trust me. So what does that mean? I think the best model to go for is performance.. Slap on 2000 more for brakes and you have a model w/ about the same things as the Track for 1000 less.
Base people talkin crap? We all know you're all jealous, if you weren't you wouldn't be talking crap. Not to sound completely bitchy, but some of us can afford the more expensive models, leave us be and be satisfied with your base..ok?