Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Rogue Engineering Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 07:08 AM
ScoBic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Rogue Engineering Group Buy

Attention to anyone interested in the ROGUE ENGINEERING SHOFT SHIFTER. I have the opportunity to arrange a GROUP BUY from a local distributor. For those that need information on the shifter please visit this link directly from Rogue Engineering.

ROGUE ENGINEERING G35/350Z SHORT SHIFTER

Total cost including ground shipping would be as follows.

20+ Confirmed Buyers $192.
40+ Confirmed Buyers $161.

Payment will be accepted through PAYPAL. If you would like to pay in any other way please email me to confirm the payment method is acceptable before paying. An official list of who is in will be posted as it develops.

This is a rare opportunity. The shifter sells everywhere else for $239 plus shipping so getting in on this group buy would get you great savings of ~20% and ~33% depending on the group size we get. The deadline for this group buy has not yet been set and is still under discussion. If you have any question email me directly at bichans@hotmail.com. Any questions or comments on this group buy of related pricing must be directed to me. Rogue Engineering is the manufacturer of this product and is not setting up the group buy. There has been some issues of people contacting them about the group buy price, but this is not being offer through them. I just wanted to post to get the Group Buy rolling. I will post more details and answers to questions as they roll in.

Please be sure to check this link also:

ROGUE GROUP BUY @ G35DRIVER.COM

Pass the word around to all G35 and 350Z owners. The more we get on this the better! Please don't hesitate to email me.

If seriously interested please mark your information down here or at the G35DRIVER.com forum or email your info and I will update the list.
[#] [MEMBER_NAME] [FORUM] [G35/350Z]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
01 SCOBIC G35DRIVER.COM G35

Scott
(SCOBIC)
Old 11-08-2004, 05:19 PM
silverstoneTT

(Already have one but just wanted to add what a great product it is and at $200 it is a good price. You won't regret buying it. And if down the line you have transmission probs, it won't affect it being replaced under warranty so don't worry about that)
Old 11-08-2004, 06:55 PM
350Zenophile

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Alright I'll be the first...
#1, 350Zenophile, My350z.com, 350Z
Old 11-09-2004, 05:31 AM
ScoBic

In order to keep everyone on the same page I created a link so that we have one common location for the Group Buy List. I will update it as I get PMs or posts from people asking to be placed on the group buy. It seems people are only interested if the count reaches 40 so lets try and get there. Several people have sent me comments saying how great the shifter is...I will try and update the link to show these comments as well. Spread the word!

ROGUE ENGINEERING GROUP BUY
Old 11-09-2004, 02:27 PM
time4aspliff

How does it compare to the B&M and Mossy shifter?
Old 11-09-2004, 04:42 PM
ScoBic

Originally posted by time4aspliff
How does it compare to the B&M and Mossy shifter?
I have posted some links to review threads and some threads on B&M vs. ROGUE at this link:

ROGUE GROUP BUY

From what I have read and researched there have been some known issues with the B&M shifter some as sever as the shifter coming off in the drivers hand. Many people claim the build Rogue is a superior product over the B&M. I have not read anything on the Mossy Shifter in comparison but I will try and find some helpful links of people who have used both...I'll post my findings. Hope this was somewhat helpful.

Again I am eager to get one too so as much info as we can gather on this issue will help answer others questions.

Thanks for the post!
Old 11-09-2004, 05:55 PM
silverstoneTT

Scobic is that union college in ny? if it is,im actually thinking of applying there for next year.
Old 11-09-2004, 08:59 PM
uro279

#2, uro279, 350z.

Can we get a deal on the "control socket" also?
Old 11-10-2004, 05:13 AM
ScoBic

Originally posted by silverstoneTT
Scobic is that union college in ny? if it is,im actually thinking of applying there for next year.
Yup that's the place. I actually graduated in 2002. What kind of major you interested in going there for? I am sure you've had the tour and been there but if you have any other questions about it let me know. The tours and info the admissions office gives out is always fixed to their advantage... if you have any REAL questions let me know.
Old 11-10-2004, 05:16 AM
ScoBic

Originally posted by uro279
#2, uro279, 350z.

URO279,

That's a good idea. Once we know how many people will be in on the group buy I will contact my local infiniti dealer and see if they will give me a deal on buying a bunch. I don't know what the retail on this part is but I'd be happy to check it out. I am in for an oil change this friday... I'll try and check out the retail value. If we order 20 to 40 of them I'd hope to get some kind of deal.

Good thinking, I'll check into it.
Old 11-15-2004, 06:18 AM
ScoBic

Originally posted by silverstoneTT
UPDATE on the "Control Socket":

I called the local dealership near me and they gave me the full part number for the "socket"

32870CD000

They said it is ~$20 and of course they have to be ordered since that isnt something the typically keep in stock. I asked if there was any discounts for purchasing several at a time. She said that something could be worked out when I was ready to buy. We'll wait and see how many come in on the Group Buy and then we'll go from there to see who wants in on the socket as well.

I'll update when the time comes to order.

Keep spreading the word!!!
Old 11-15-2004, 06:29 AM
Z33

#3, Z33, my350z.com, 350Z
Old 11-15-2004, 06:42 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

#4: kcobean; my350z.com; 350z.
Old 11-27-2004, 05:36 PM
350Zenophile

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

#2, uro279, 350z.

Can you fill me in on the control socket? Are you thinking you want one on hand in case yours breaks when removing; or does the old one get loose from being removed and a new one ensures a nice tight shifter?
Old 11-27-2004, 10:05 PM
uro279

Good question. All I know is that the guy who started this thread mentioned that the GB originated on some G35 site. I went there and read about this 'control socket' that was recommended to get also. To be truthful, I'm not sure what a control socket is other than it's recommended.

Also, there is another part recommended by 350evo. It's cheap and if this GB ever happens, I'll prob get that too.

Sorry couldn't be of anymore help.

I would PM the thread starter and ask him as he prob knows the answer.
Old 11-30-2004, 07:22 AM
ScoBic

Originally posted by 350Zenophile
Can you fill me in on the control socket? Are you thinking you want one on hand in case yours breaks when removing; or does the old one get loose from being removed and a new one ensures a nice tight shifter?
350Zenophile,
There have been some people that have asked about the socket to ease installation. Getting an "extra" socket for the new shifter would prevent you even having to remove the socket off the factory shifter. The cost of the socket is around $20. I contacted a local Nissan Dealership and told them once I know how many we need/want we can negotiate the cost. Personally I would rather spend the ~$20 and get the extra part then to fuss with the factory shifter. If anyone in the future decides to swap the short shifter out and reinstall the factory shifter you wouldnt have to deal with removing and reinstalling the socket as well.

Just for referencem here is a picture of the factory socket:

Old 11-30-2004, 07:26 AM
ScoBic

...Also, there is another part recommended by 350evo...
URO279,

Could you send me a link to the thread where this is mentioned. I was wondering if there is another part I should be looking into or if the part he is talking about is the shifter socket.

For those that need the information on the part number:

Name: Socket
Part Number: 32870CD000
Cost: ~$20
Old 11-30-2004, 08:07 AM
Sully

Whats the difficulty rating in this installation? Also would this (if anybody knows) break any warrenties or contract with a Leased Z?

Sully
Old 11-30-2004, 08:25 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I read the instructions on their site, on a 1 to 10 scale with 10 being the most difficult, this is probably about a 3. You need a couple of wrenches and some grease and some floor jacks and you're good to go. Looks like a piece of cake. Install time is probably about 1 hour if you know what you're doing. As for warranty, it's hard to say, but if you had tranny problems, the dealership would have to prove that the shifter was the cause of the problem. For example, if your synchros went bad, they would have to show that the shifter moved the shift forks differently than the stock component which in turn caused damage to the syncros, or something along these lines. Otherwise, it should void no warranty. I have no idea about lease restrictions.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:12 PM
uro279

Default Looks like the control socket, but cheaper!

Originally posted by ScoBic
URO279,

Could you send me a link to the thread where this is mentioned. I was wondering if there is another part I should be looking into or if the part he is talking about is the shifter socket.

For those that need the information on the part number:

Name: Socket
Part Number: 32870CD000
Cost: ~$20
http://www.350evo.com/catalog/produc...products_id=95

Looks like control socket, but they call it the cup and it's about $11!

Quick Reply: Rogue Engineering Group Buy