Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

3000GT owners trashing our car...

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 01:28 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Cool! Like I said, "The Green Ghost" is my winter car. It is more than fast enough and all that weight comes in handy in the snows of western PA. It goes through snow like a tank!

It is so funny to see the doctor's parking lot in the winter. I pull in and park among all of the huge SUV's with my Steath.
Old 11-09-2004, 01:42 PM
PoWeRtRiP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i used to own a stealth tt awd too. it was definitely not as slow as you think it is. remember all it takes is an mbc, and an exh to take it up to 14 psi in those cars (which stock components can handle). i also got that car up to 165mph, how many z's can go that fast with a 155mph speed cut. yes the z handles much better, but the stealth was no slouch from a dig.
Old 11-09-2004, 02:13 PM
AV630

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See constructive criticism is hard to come by.. and when you posted most people pretty much shut up lol. thanks.

Originally posted by Yellow Stealth
OK guys, I am also a member of the 3si forum, and I must admit I am embarrassed at the lack of maturity a lot of the members there display. So let's remain above all that and keep the comments contructive.

People will always have their own opinion of a car, so we can agree to disagree. Some comments that were made here, however, are simply not objective. I have had my Stealth Twin Turbo (same exact car as the VR4) for 10 years, it has 128K miles, and it drives better today than it ever did. The car has been very reliable and is still running on pretty much all the original parts, except for wear parts of course (brake pads, 1 clutch, etc...)

I now take my Stealth to the track, and with my mods (see sig), it is much faster than my stock Z.

I will however agree with the fact that the Stealth/VR4 is a heavy car. Very fast in a straight line, handles beautifully on a race track, but is much less nimble than the Z. That is why I take my Z and not the Stealth to Autocross events. The Z feels much tighter and corners better than the Stealth.

Let's also not forget that the Stealth/VR4 was designed over 12 years ago. It's a car that was ahead of its time but is obviously showing some of its age.

Dr. Bonz, I am honored to find out we have the same combination of cars
Old 11-10-2004, 05:48 PM
rolling

I Had a 92 Stealth R/T 5sp, i think i read that they are actually a
sport/touring car vs. sports car, i liked mine ir was an electric blue color, i preferred the stealth body to the 3000 gt styling,
but shifting was pretty clunky due to cable shift linkage,
but was fun in snow / ice as i passed circles arround every one heh
i like my Z better cause its newer and has all the electronic "toys"
but nothin wrong with stealth/ vr4
plus i wasnt into modifing/ and driving as much as i am now.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:16 PM
FayZ

Get the F#*% out... they want 10 bucks to join their forum