Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Large rocks must really love the Z...

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 06:27 AM
KrazY-2K

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Large rocks must really love the Z...

...because I woke up this morning and found a huge one (about the size of a volleyball) sitting in my passenger seat this morning. Turns out some vandol shattered my passenger side window and took out part of the pillar that its above the window also. I mean, the pillar is COMPLETELY chipped off! Why can't people have any respect for other people's property?!

It also turns out that the huge rock was one from our very own lawn. The imprint where the rock used to be matched perfectly with the rock in my car. Whoever the vandal was actually had the nerve to go into our lawn and pick up one of our rocks and smash it through my window.

I wish I could find the little punk who did it and shove the rock down his throat.

Time to file a police report I guess...

Old 11-10-2004, 06:43 AM
ttsupra94

Man, that sucks. I feel your pain though, had some punk (never saw who it was) throw a glass beer bottle at my car while i was driving and left dents that had to be repaired. Hope you find out who it was!
Old 11-10-2004, 09:27 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Large rocks must really love the Z...

Originally posted by KrazY-2K
...because I woke up this morning and found a huge one (about the size of a volleyball) sitting in my passenger seat this morning. Turns out some vandol shattered my passenger side window and took out part of the pillar that its above the window also. I mean, the pillar is COMPLETELY chipped off! Why can't people have any respect for other people's property?!

It also turns out that the huge rock was one from our very own lawn. The imprint where the rock used to be matched perfectly with the rock in my car. Whoever the vandal was actually had the nerve to go into our lawn and pick up one of our rocks and smash it through my window.

I wish I could find the little punk who did it and shove the rock down his throat.

Time to file a police report I guess...

Yet further proof that our society is doomed at the hands of its own self-consuming, un-parented youth. Sorry to hear about this man. When you say "chipped off", does it look like the A-Pillar is structurally compromised? This is a major structural element in this and most cars.
Old 11-10-2004, 05:27 PM
KrazY-2K

Default Re: Re: Large rocks must really love the Z...

Originally posted by kcobean
Yet further proof that our society is doomed at the hands of its own self-consuming, un-parented youth. Sorry to hear about this man. When you say "chipped off", does it look like the A-Pillar is structurally compromised? This is a major structural element in this and most cars.
It's more like broken off. I wish I had the pics already so I can scan them and post them up since it's kind of hard to explain. Part of the pillar has completely been broken off, exposing what looks like rubber. But no, doesn't look structurally compromising. I got an estimate for the repair today, and it looks like it will be $300 out of my own pockets for the A-pillar and $50 for a new window (which isn't too shabby). I'll also have to get the new window tinted, which would probly be around 40-60 bucks.

Good new is, at least I'll be having the body kit painted and installed along with the repair.