Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Steep Driveway Problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 07:22 PM
grifferjr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Steep Driveway Problem

simple solution: sell the house, use money for kick a$$ mods and then sleep in car. problem solved cause then the world is your driveway!!!
Old 11-16-2004, 07:28 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Re: Steep Driveway Problem

Originally posted by grifferjr
simple solution: sell the house, use money for kick a$$ mods and then sleep in car. problem solved cause then the world is your driveway!!!
Oh get real...I hate it when people post garbage like this. You forgot that the Z needs at least a small shed in a field somewhere so it doesn't get rained on or snowed on. Buy the shed....THEN the kick @$$ mods. Get your priorities straight man!!!
Old 11-22-2004, 03:58 AM
Neo105

Well a friend of mine told me that if you reverse it, and then drive onto your driveway it probably won't get scraped because the rear is higher that your front... this seems reasonable but if i would try it i would definitly have someone check under the rear end while i'm driving up the driveway because (i think) the Z has a protector on the front so the scraping wont damage the vital components of the car, but i bet it doesnt have that in the rear, and you won't like it if your new nismo exhaust gets scraped bad will you?

So once more: I haven't tried this myself (pretty hard, because my Z gets delivered next year ) but i seems to work quite fine on other "Low" cars...

Let me hear what you guys think about this!
Old 11-22-2004, 09:08 AM
scottycoyote

my driveway sunk a little bit, to the point that maxima would scrape if i came in too fast, in the end i had to redo that part of the drive b4 i could buy my z
Old 11-22-2004, 09:28 AM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All i know is I rather come off my driveway every morning, backing out than going nose first.

Easier to reverse straight, right before the driveway ends, turn the steering wheel hard over and make a mini-semi circle out.
Old 11-22-2004, 09:47 AM
Built2shredZ

As someone mentioned the front overhang of the Z is a lot less then the overhang of an Honda Accord. So you might be ok... Only way you will know is when you try it for the first time.

As far as fixing the problem, only way would be to demolished the driveway and make a new one with proper grade breaks to allow for bumper clearance while driving up it. Being im a civil engineer I see contractors all the time constructing the driveway straight up with no grade breaks in it. This one contractor did a driveway on this million dollar house that we did the engineering on and he didnt follow my driveway design, well the new owners took there new jaguar down the driveway and it tore off the rear bumper... was funny as hell, mostly because it was not my car, but long story short, they had to rip out over 50' of concrete and redo the driveay with the proper grade brakes to make it work.
Old 11-22-2004, 10:01 AM
mr2fasterthanyo

i had this problem with the 2 that had a body kit on it.

ended up probably putting an extra 1000 miles on the car from having to drive around blocks so i could make a right turn into places so i wouldn't scrape.

i say sell the house, or rent a bobcat.