Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Those of you with clearbras

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2004, 03:37 PM
tiesto81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a quesiton I forgot to ask - does the color of the paint fade differently underneath the clearbra, from the paint that isn't underneath it? For example, if say - 3 years down the road i want to take it off for whatever reason, should i notice a difference from where the clearbra was to where it wasn't?
Old 11-20-2004, 09:43 PM
samurai1

Default 3M Clear Bra

The 3M Clear Bra allows the ultraviolet light to pass through the material and age the paint equally so there is no noticeable difference. The 3M Bra also has a clear coat, just like the paint so it is easy to polish and clean. I also invested in the headlight overlays in the blue tint and they will save your headlights from pits and possible breakage. I already have a few dings in my headlights from the track and driving in the canyons. The headlight overlays are so thick that even after large impacts on the material you cannot even see damage to the overlay.
Old 11-21-2004, 01:43 PM
Speed 2000

It really does offer excellent protection, there are some "damage" pictures on my website.

http://www.speedfilm.net/whyuse.html
Old 11-21-2004, 03:13 PM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

Originally posted by Speed 2000
It really does offer excellent protection, there are some "damage" pictures on my website.

http://www.speedfilm.net/whyuse.html
Sounds like a sales pitch.
Old 11-21-2004, 06:03 PM
Speed 2000

Sounds like a sales pitch.
I do work with several Nissan dealerships here in Atlanta. The managers tell me rock chips are probably the biggest complaints they get from their customers, so I drop by on some of the forums to more or less clear up questions owners have about the film. Most people have never heard of the film and if the installer does a good job, most will never see the product.

As far as a sales pitch, from reading this thread, it looks like most of the owners with this product feel it has more than lived up to expectations. Some of you claim its the best mod they have on their car. Not much I could say personally that would carry more weight with you all here on this website over what's already been said.

I do know there are lots of questions that I can help with and since this is what I do, its hard not to sound like I'm trolling for customers. I love what I do and stay very busy. I'd like to think I've helped many owners enjoy driving their car without being paranoid about beating the crap out of the paint.

Don't most of you with the film feel more secure driving your cars the way they were ment to be driven since the product was installed? Who buys a Z because they like to drive slow?
Old 11-23-2004, 09:17 AM
jackie chan

i tell all of my customers to buy a clear bra...only a few listen. then the ones that dont complain about rock chips later on....especially on the lighter colored vehicles that show the darker fascia underneath
Old 11-23-2004, 09:58 AM
synth19

This is the reason why I DON'T have a clearbra. I would not recommend this if you are constantly parallel parking. Not worth it. You run the risk of damaging your bra (depending on how hard your bumper gets hit).

Originally posted by 1000HP
wow, thanks for those replies. Does the clear bra protect from tiny bumper hits from other cars, or from tapping a car while parallel parking?

I live in Chicago and always get scratches on my front bumper from taxis, ignorant people brushing on my car.
Old 11-24-2004, 06:27 AM
tiesto81

Well, turns out I got a pretty good deal on the clearbra. I found out it is 3m that they used at the dealership. The clearbra covers the bumper, the lights (I think, hard to tell), the hood up to the top edge of the lights, and the front of the side view mirrors. Can hardly notice it. Definitely happy I didn't have them take it off, especially for the price.