Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

Official Next Gen Z Speculation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 09:39 AM
nymx_33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can be dead in two years, get the car now and in two years you better be in a better financial place if you're just getting out of college now and get a new one in two years. who cares if you loose a few bucks !! you won't be able to put a price on the great times you're gonna have rockin your Z now !!!!
Old 05-22-2006, 10:32 AM
hypeiv

never buy any car ever... b/c in a few years it will be cheaper and/or a new model will be out.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:25 AM
Speedracer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lil stis
Considering the new Z could be launched for the 08 or 09 season, I am contemplating waiting for the new model to come out instead of ordering my 07 now for arrival this fall. What does everyone think? Should I wait a few years (which will be very hard as I just graduated college and was really looking forward to buying a new Z) for the new model or should I buy the 07? I love the current body style and everything else about the current Z but I am afraid that the 08 will come out with more hp, etc. and I will be left regretting my 'mistake'.

Almost every year will bring some level of change, improvement, etc. That's just the nature of the car industry. Look at Porsche, for instance. They increase the hp of nearly every model every year. If you keep waiting for the "next improvement", you'll be waiting forever and will never actually own the car. Buy the car now, enjoy it for what it is, and accept that there will be some improvements in future models. Doesn't mean the car you will buy right now will suck.
Old 05-22-2006, 02:59 PM
LIdrew

Buy a used Z. Mod the F out of it and it will be faster than the 2025 Z.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:31 PM
DGA5

The best Z is the one that you are driving right now.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:43 PM
JERZ33

d-d-d-d-damn that was well written!

+1 to that guy...
Old 05-24-2006, 09:36 PM
clearsector

Default 07 g35

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...leId=100671278

Do you guys think that theyre going to place a bigger engine on the 07+ 350z than what they have on the 07 g35?

imo, the next gen would be tuned to have no more than 15hp ish, if that.

or maybe im just trying to be optimistic since my z is on order
Old 05-25-2006, 08:33 AM
yoichi

Originally Posted by jinsei888
The last part of that remark is only semi true...

The reason why Japan does not build MANY cars with V8's, besides overseas cars like our Lexus 430 based V8 cars--which are sold primarily as V6s in japan--is because of the market, not because of balance performance and efficiency. In japan, the insurance and auto taxing system is different than the USA. For the most part, the insurance rate ranges are based largely on your car's displacement in regard to car type. In other words, simply put, the larger the displacement engine, the more expensive your insurance--another reason why american cars do not sell much in japan; they would be expensive to own. Also for the same reason, other countries like the USA lexus cars get V8s while japan gets only the V6, maybe with a turbo. Turbos are also VERY popular in japan because it allows japanese consumers to purchase a well powered car with lesser displacement; they can get a V6-like powered car with only 4cylinder insurance rates (also why they get the Toyota Altezza; aka IS200 turbo, and we in the USA get the N/A Lexus IS300 V6). Then they use the whole "balance, performance, efficiency" stuff as the icing on the cake to mask the marketing obstacles.

Ok, like what u say, some your statemant is semi true as well. I don't mean to be rude at all. Its not just based on displacement that divide these car up into classes. As we all know with people that like to put jdm plates on their cars, there are digits next to the japanese characters on the top middle part of the plate. those numbers represent the car classes. Numbers that start in 3 represent a displacement of 2200cc or greater or is more than a certain # of mm(I can't exactly recall). Most performance cars or luxury sedans start with a 3. Anything less than 2200cc's and within the maximun width would be rated as a 5 class. Regular sedans like the corolla or the BB(Scion Xb) start with 5. For example, the evo III has a similar power rating as the VII but the number rating on the III would start with a 5 because it is less than 2200cc and it's width clears minimum required width. But an VIII would have the same displacement as the III but its body is wider, therefore it will be rated as a 3 class. so, why are they broken into classes?, insurance is the minimal reason. Its the strict inspection japan requires which is very expensive. For new cars, after the first 2years, its every year thereafter and for used cars is every year( that has now been changed though. For new cars, after the first 3years every other year, and for used every other year.) These inspections cost from 800-2500 depending on the class of the car. 3 being the most expensive. that is why used cars are dirt cheap in japan. if a car has a good amount of time left until the next inspection, it will sell rather high, but if there is a car with its inspection expired, no one wants it because its so expensive to have it inspected. Plus, if its a tuner car with off road parts, the inspection center WILL change your parts without asking which will set u back much much more.(there are ways around it to pass inspection like we do here but cops are so much more strict!) If u see a R32 skyline for
5000us, it because its tuned heavily and the inspection is expired and trust me, as good as it seems, u don't want it. I just wanted to clear a few things up. Sorry its so long
Old 05-25-2006, 05:49 PM
mjk

the high compression vq35 will probably end up in maximas, altimas, and already stated the g35 sedan. the 3.7 will probably be 350z and g coupe. 3.7 will hopefully be more boost friendly than a high compress 3.5l...
Old 05-26-2006, 08:51 PM
Z M@n

Originally Posted by Netko350Z

ROADS? Where we are going we don't need.. ROADS!!!!

Rob
Old 05-26-2006, 09:08 PM
InSaNeZ

^Haha, lmao!
Old 05-27-2006, 09:32 AM
Idok

so as far as the whole displacement to insurance thing goes...

does that mean IN THEORY that in the US a Z should be MORE expensice to insure than say an STi???

never bothered to compare the 2 rates to one another...
Old 05-28-2006, 01:19 AM
jinsei888

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Idok
so as far as the whole displacement to insurance thing goes...

does that mean IN THEORY that in the US a Z should be MORE expensice to insure than say an STi???

never bothered to compare the 2 rates to one another...
in japan yes, not in the usa; we all know the various insurance policies and rating systems stateside
Old 05-28-2006, 01:21 AM
jinsei888

Originally Posted by Joey P
Have you seen this: it's supposed to be AWD too

R
Old 05-28-2006, 01:33 AM
jinsei888

what if they discontinued the Z? lol we would all be pwnt! especially all the wonderful folks starting those redundant "what does the 2008 Z look like" posts!
Old 05-28-2006, 01:34 AM
jinsei888

they really haven't perfected the potential power of the flux capacitor yet, so i think the next Z won't be out for another 2 years...
Old 05-29-2006, 09:55 PM
InSaNeZ

Originally Posted by nymx_33
you can be dead in two years, get the car now and in two years you better be in a better financial place if you're just getting out of college now and get a new one in two years. who cares if you loose a few bucks !! you won't be able to put a price on the great times you're gonna have rockin your Z now !!!!
+1
BTW nice first post.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:14 PM
myZter
PREMIER MEM.FTW

when i got my car i asked the sales guy and said that model wont change til later cuz the gtr is coming out. but who knows sales people dont know everything. i hope it doesnt change for like another 3-4 yrs or just have minor changes cuz i just got my car and dont wanna regret getting it before model changes.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:53 AM
hypeiv

Originally Posted by myZter
when i got my car i asked the sales guy and said that model wont change til later cuz the gtr is coming out. but who knows sales people dont know everything. i hope it doesnt change for like another 3-4 yrs or just have minor changes cuz i just got my car and dont wanna regret getting it before model changes.
sales guys generally know less about cars than what you can find out online and will say anything to sell you a car today.

Quick Reply: Official Next Gen Z Speculation Thread