Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

2009 370Z body ramains the same

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 03:19 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Naaaah......... U telling me only difference is maybe the hatch.. headlights.. sidemarkers... No more hump hood??
Old 07-31-2007, 03:29 PM
veilside z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a test mule only guys...

Expect a small sports product from Nissan, along the lines of the Urge concept...

shorter wheelbase for sure, disguised as a Z
Old 07-31-2007, 03:32 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by veilside z

Expect a small sports product from Nissan, along the lines of the Urge concept...

Hey.. welcome back!
Old 07-31-2007, 03:45 PM
veilside z

Thank U

Not been away - other than an engine blow up and now a race engine...

just busy running the UK club, guess you've seen our GT-R pictures from the Nurburgring the week before this mule was photographed
Old 07-31-2007, 05:40 PM
lunartick13

Originally Posted by The MVPlaya

There you go.
Thanks, holding the monitor at a 90 degree angle gets pretty tiresome...
just kidding!! thanks for the re-shoot..
Old 08-01-2007, 02:47 PM
Darthvol

Originally Posted by veilside z

I agree, despite what the press says. And BTW, guys, I think some of you are misinterpreting the blurb from MT; "facelift" is akin to a "freshening" in the automotive press, and THAT'S what's gonna happen in '09, i.e., the facelift is some small changes to a couple body panels and the 3.7, at least per Motor Trend, while the full out redesign or "all-new Z" is what they can't get done until '11 (again, per MT).
Old 08-01-2007, 03:16 PM
rockinbboy

well, hopefully its '11...that way I can enjoy my Z for another 3 years before I pull the face.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:19 PM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

z still looks damn good. I say wait till 2011!
Old 08-01-2007, 08:45 PM
Archbishop
Banned

I just hope the Roadster model DOESN'T return for the new redesign. Ruins the look, and the performance.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:45 PM
black06z

2011 is perfect timing. I probably will keep this Z and get the '11.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:39 AM
JunkStory

Honda was testing the NSX using the S2000 body, there's a video on www.caranddriver.com but I can't link it here.

It's possible that Nissan is only using the current Z's body to disguise the actual car.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:31 PM
Ilov350ZEE

damn 2011 for the all new Z by that time im 31 married and have children. Looks like im stuck with a minivan
Old 08-02-2007, 03:23 PM
Darthvol

Originally Posted by Archbishop
I just hope the Roadster model DOESN'T return for the new redesign. Ruins the look, and the performance.
If you're a coupe/hatch guy, why would you care? This isn't a coupe v. 'vert. post at all. You like the coupe's looks better, and the fact is it's lighter weight. That's kewl, if that's what YOU want. Different strokes for diff. folks.

OTOH, I prefer the roadster's looks better, even top up, and am happily modded, but all things being equal, I'm willing to give up a tenth or two 0 to 60 in exchange for the top down fun experience.

How does the very EXISTENCE of a ZR threaten your future Z fun? Go give your coupe a hug, but don't be hatin'.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:09 PM
Delako

Damn..why didnt you tell me this before I bought one?

Im not gonna worry about what the next Z will look like. Im too busy enjoying what I got now

Last edited by Delako; 08-02-2007 at 05:15 PM.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:39 PM
Archbishop
Banned

Because having a roadster version dilutes the performance image of the car (at least in my mind) and they look and Perform like ****. Why anyone would like a ****ty car, is beyond me. Good job on picking up the highschool girls in your Nissan SSR.

Maybe I'm too hardcore of an enthusist...
Old 08-04-2007, 06:39 AM
RBull

^harsh

I say to each their own. Roadster numbers are pretty small as well.
Old 08-04-2007, 06:45 AM
Darthvol

Because having a roadster version dilutes the performance image of the car (at least in my mind) and they look and Perform like ****. Why anyone would like a ****ty car, is beyond me. Good job on picking up the highschool girls in your Nissan SSR.

Maybe I'm too hardcore of an enthusist...
Well, Archie, I admit I wondered if you would reveal your maturity level and likely age in responding. Looks of a car are subjective (look it up), and no one's opinion is any better than anybody else's. For example, for all the #$tching I frequently see here from folks who fancy themselves a "hardcore enthusist" [sic/"enthusiast"], I wonder why you don't just go drool all over something like the Lotus Elise or even Exige S (I think they're fugly and cartoonish looking, but again, that's just my subjective opinion, and there's no doubt those cars are as hardcore as they come).

Allow me to pee on your parade a little more: I'm REALLY watering down your image, Arch. After driving mostly manuals for over 20 years, including an S2000 and G coupe 6MT, I bought an AUTO Z--OOOOH, the shame. What's more, I'm a professional, married, balding, will be 40 in two months, and have no doubt whatsoever that you and any buddies you might have would consider me incredibly dorky. And you know what's worse? There are more than a few Z drivers out there like me. HOW will you ever live down the shame of folks like me ruining YOUR Z experience?

Here's a final suggestion--why not toddle on over to one of the Ferrari forums, and tell all the guys there driving F430 or Spyder 'verts that they're driving slow, wussie cars not intended for the true performance, hardcore enthusiast. That oughta brighten up your day!!
Old 08-04-2007, 09:38 AM
Archbishop
Banned

Originally Posted by Darthvol
Well, Archie, I admit I wondered if you would reveal your maturity level and likely age in responding. Looks of a car are subjective (look it up), and no one's opinion is any better than anybody else's. For example, for all the #$tching I frequently see here from folks who fancy themselves a "hardcore enthusist" [sic/"enthusiast"], I wonder why you don't just go drool all over something like the Lotus Elise or even Exige S (I think they're fugly and cartoonish looking, but again, that's just my subjective opinion, and there's no doubt those cars are as hardcore as they come).

Allow me to pee on your parade a little more: I'm REALLY watering down your image, Arch. After driving mostly manuals for over 20 years, including an S2000 and G coupe 6MT, I bought an AUTO Z--OOOOH, the shame. What's more, I'm a professional, married, balding, will be 40 in two months, and have no doubt whatsoever that you and any buddies you might have would consider me incredibly dorky. And you know what's worse? There are more than a few Z drivers out there like me. HOW will you ever live down the shame of folks like me ruining YOUR Z experience?

Here's a final suggestion--why not toddle on over to one of the Ferrari forums, and tell all the guys there driving F430 or Spyder 'verts that they're driving slow, wussie cars not intended for the true performance, hardcore enthusiast. That oughta brighten up your day!!
I'm glad that we can agree that looks are subjective. And moving further along those lines, I feel the ZR (stupid code for the car) looks terrible. There are many better choices out there for a good roadster, and the Z isn't one of them. Of course, if your only goal in life is to be superficially vain tool, that wants to show off how much of an idiot/poser you are, I'm sure a Z roadster is a proper choice for you.

Yes, I dislike the car that much.

If you really want to see me laugh, show me someone who decided to set up from a basic enthusiast, to a moderate level, and start to modify the car is some way. That's classic.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:48 AM
vaughn1576

I'm glad that we can agree that looks are subjective. And moving further along those lines, I feel the ZR (stupid code for the car) looks terrible. There are many better choices out there for a good roadster, and the Z isn't one of them. Of course, if your only goal in life is to be superficially vain tool, that wants to show off how much of an idiot/poser you are, I'm sure a Z roadster is a proper choice for you.

Yes, I dislike the car that much.

If you really want to see me laugh, show me someone who decided to set up from a basic enthusiast, to a moderate level, and start to modify the car is some way. That's classic.
Or maybe some people just like the Z and also open air motoring. It's a good thing Nissan wants to sell more cars than one to Archbishop, and chooses to make a decent variety for the rest of us.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:54 AM
Archbishop
Banned

Originally Posted by vaughn1576
Or maybe some people just like the Z and also open air motoring. It's a good thing Nissan wants to sell more cars than one to Archbishop, and chooses to make a decent variety for the rest of us.

Good, then don’t complain when Nissan adds a 2 extra doors, a backseat, useless features, and tacks on 300lbs, and still calls it a Z. They are just trying to appeal to a broader market.

Quick Reply: 2009 370Z body ramains the same