Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

2009 370Z body ramains the same

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 09:59 AM
vaughn1576

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Archbishop
Good, then don’t complain when Nissan adds a 2 extra doors, a backseat, useless features, and tacks on 300lbs, and still calls it a Z. They are just trying to appeal to a broader market.

Oh that's right I forgot that was in the works. No, I'll just wait for the 2012 Archbishop edition Z with no doors, no body to save weight, 3 MPG, an engine, 1 carbon fiber shell seats with no padding and four wheels with tires that have super grip, but only last an hour.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:04 AM
07_350z_JP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good, then don’t complain when Nissan adds a 2 extra doors, a backseat, useless features, and tacks on 300lbs, and still calls it a Z. They are just trying to appeal to a broader market.

They already make that one its called the altima and maxima.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:14 AM
NA350Z

Im not waiting til 2011 for an all new Z, if thats the case 335i here I come. This may actually work against Nissan.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:50 PM
RBull

I'm glad that we can agree that looks are subjective. And moving further along those lines, I feel the ZR (stupid code for the car) looks terrible. There are many better choices out there for a good roadster, and the Z isn't one of them. Of course, if your only goal in life is to be superficially vain tool, that wants to show off how much of an idiot/poser you are, I'm sure a Z roadster is a proper choice for you.

Yes, I dislike the car that much.

If you really want to see me laugh, show me someone who decided to set up from a basic enthusiast, to a moderate level, and start to modify the car is some way. That's classic.
Hate the car and not the driver.
Old 08-04-2007, 04:33 PM
SniperHunter

By 2011 my Z will be more than paid off for. So I may end up springing for the 2011 Z, while keeping the my current darling. =)
Old 08-04-2007, 04:54 PM
vaughn1576

Originally Posted by Arnold K.
By 2011 my Z will be more than paid off for. So I may end up springing for the 2011 Z, while keeping the my current darling. =)
I might do the same thing.
Old 08-04-2007, 05:20 PM
Delako

Dammit..that was my next mod!
Old 08-04-2007, 07:21 PM
Darthvol

I feel the ZR (stupid code for the car) looks terrible. . . . if your only goal in life is to be superficially vain tool, that wants to show off how much of an idiot/poser you are, I'm sure a Z roadster is a proper choice for you.
Uh, dude, feeling the need to use those insults in a debate over a car says a lot more about you than anyone else here. And I'm driving a NISSAN, by choice, when one of my partners drives a Boxster S and another drives an SLK--I ain't trying to impress anyone or calling myself a "hardcore enthusiast," just enjoying a car I like with the added plus of Japanese reliability.

Good grief, then, maybe you should talk to that caveman in the Geico ad to see if you can get the name and # of his therapist.

If you really want to see me laugh, show me someone who decided to set up from a basic enthusiast, to a moderate level, and start to modify the car is some way. That's classic.
Uh, WHAT!??
Old 08-04-2007, 07:32 PM
jinsei888

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

everyone click the link below:
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/06/18/i...ta-ft-hs-mule/

Autoblog is the most reliable sources of auto news. It is VERY likely that the car in that photo is not even a Nissan. Many car companies are using other car skins as cover ups for their concept cars now; in order to beat spy photographers to the punch. It is TOO MUCH coincidence that a NEW Nissan would be side my side testing with a NEW Toyota super car...virtually impossible coincidence

LINK: http://www.autoblog.com/2007/06/18/i...ta-ft-hs-mule/

"There have now been two sets of spy photos that have turned up showing a development mule wearing a hacked up Nissan 350Z body. At first everyone assumed it was a Nissan vehicle. However, in the background of the most recent batch of spy photos, a mystery car has been identified by our readers as one of the Lexus LF-A prototypes.

Since the photos were taken on public roads, it seems highly improbable that the LF-A would just happen to be in the same location as Nissan's latest mule. Taking a look at the Z mule in profile shows proportions pretty close to the FT-HS concept that turned up at the Detroit Auto Show. So this truncated Z is more likely a test platform for a production version of the FT-HS/Supra/whatever you want to call it that's been cleverly disguised in the clothes of another brand." - Autoblog

Last edited by jinsei888; 08-04-2007 at 07:34 PM.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:26 AM
d2d2

Originally Posted by jinsei888

Autoblog is the most reliable sources of auto news. It is VERY likely that the car in that photo is not even a Nissan. Many car companies are using other car skins as cover ups for their concept cars now; in order to beat spy photographers to the punch. It is TOO MUCH coincidence that a NEW Nissan would be side my side testing with a NEW Toyota super car...virtually impossible coincidence

"There have now been two sets of spy photos that have turned up showing a development mule wearing a hacked up Nissan 350Z body. At first everyone assumed it was a Nissan vehicle. However, in the background of the most recent batch of spy photos, a mystery car has been identified by our readers as one of the Lexus LF-A prototypes.

Since the photos were taken on public roads, it seems highly improbable that the LF-A would just happen to be in the same location as Nissan's latest mule. Taking a look at the Z mule in profile shows proportions pretty close to the FT-HS concept that turned up at the Detroit Auto Show. So this truncated Z is more likely a test platform for a production version of the FT-HS/Supra/whatever you want to call it that's been cleverly disguised in the clothes of another brand." - Autoblog

I believe you are wrong here. I think its coincidence that they were testing the 2 cars at the same time. As posted by someone before; the license plate was the same used for the gtr, making it nissans.

Shucks, your 350z will be outdated in 1 year.

Last edited by d2d2; 08-05-2007 at 03:29 AM.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:16 PM
veilside z

It most definitely is a Nissan...

1 - I spoke to the driver, who was at the ADAC Nurburgring 24 race the day before the photos were taken

2 - The plate is a Nissan test plate

The reason that there were Nissan, Toyota, Lexus, Lamborghini, Porsche, Audi test cars all driving around Nurburg the day after the race, is that all the top test drivers were involved in one way or another with the race

Simple really
Old 08-06-2007, 08:43 AM
RBull

Originally Posted by vaughn1576
Oh that's right I forgot that was in the works. No, I'll just wait for the 2012 Archbishop edition Z with no doors, no body to save weight, 3 MPG, an engine, 1 carbon fiber shell seats with no padding and four wheels with tires that have super grip, but only last an hour.
LOL. Maybe it will be the ABZ edition.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:44 AM
vaughn1576

This has been covered in the main next 350z thread. It is indeed a future Nissan 350z mule.

Also, Autoblog is far from the most reliable news source. They posted a story about the new STI with with spy photo's when the car was in fact a U.S. Toyota Blade/Matrix mule. They are not really that accurate.

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/06/20/r...-will-be-huge/
Old 08-06-2007, 10:34 AM
veilside z

Originally Posted by vaughn1576
It is indeed a future Nissan 350z mule.
I wouldn't go that far... it is a Nissan mule, for a forthcoming sports model
Old 08-06-2007, 10:38 AM
vaughn1576

Originally Posted by veilside z
I wouldn't go that far... it is a Nissan mule, for a forthcoming sports model
That's fair. Only Nissan knows for sure, but it is likely a future 350z test bed considering the benchmarks that mule was testing with. I think the sticky future Z thread covers this pretty well.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:43 AM
veilside z

Expect a small sports model from Nissan...

entry level, forming a three car sports line up

that's what my sources tell me
Old 08-06-2007, 10:48 AM
vaughn1576

The entry level rear wheel drive is coming. We will probably see it as a Renault first. The car was announced, and should be at the Frankfurt show in concept form.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:49 AM
alexfair

Not to mention this shell is using the new Infinit big brake kit.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:18 AM
SweetDreamZ

I'm glad that we can agree that looks are subjective. And moving further along those lines, I feel the ZR (stupid code for the car) looks terrible. There are many better choices out there for a good roadster, and the Z isn't one of them. Of course, if your only goal in life is to be superficially vain tool, that wants to show off how much of an idiot/poser you are, I'm sure a Z roadster is a proper choice for you.

Your posts are officially worthless, and utterly annoying.

So, by your logic...anyone who drives a roadster Z is striving to prove their superficially vain tool side? haha...wow. Good call. I agree that the ZR ruins the Z's lines. But that's just my opinion. someone who disagrees, i'm sorry to inform you, isnt' automatically a tool.

P.S. your last 2 sentences make ZERO sense.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:29 PM
JunkStory

any relationship to the Nissan Sport?

Quick Reply: 2009 370Z body ramains the same