Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

Sell 350z now and wait for 370z?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 08:32 AM
kingrukus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if the 370z will be released this year as a 2010 model? Or will it be introduced some time in '09? I am trying to see if now is a good time to buy a current model Z, or to wait further...
Old 07-03-2008, 08:50 AM
in.the.dark

Originally Posted by kingrukus
Does anyone know if the 370z will be released this year as a 2010 model? Or will it be introduced some time in '09? I am trying to see if now is a good time to buy a current model Z, or to wait further...
Well, no one knows for certain what model year it will be (not that it matters), but the consensus seems to be (confirmed by Nissan) that the new Z will be out this fiscal year, which extends to a little less than a year from now.

Last edited by in.the.dark; 07-08-2008 at 12:56 PM.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:47 AM
zsport1

Wait until you see what the new car is going to look like and then make your decision. It's only 3-4 months from now when the new Z will be officially unveiled to the public. Not that long of a wait.
The details are hazy as to the exact date when the new Z will be available for purchase to the public. IMO we will have more details on that when the car is unveiled this fall.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:50 AM
kingrukus

Based on the way automakers release cars right now, if they are going to unveil it late this year, means it won't go on sale until very late in this year...so chances are it will be a MY2010 car that will be selling from early '09 (or late '08 - Nov/Dec).

That said, there may still be Z33's being sold as MY2009.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:55 AM
inTgr8r

I was in the same quandary....
So, I test drove an '08.
The improvements are noticeable as the car has evolved nicely & is def well sorted out now.
But, what the new Z may potently offer is well worth the wait IMO.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:07 AM
zsport1

Based on the way automakers release cars right now, if they are going to unveil it late this year, means it won't go on sale until very late in this year...so chances are it will be a MY2010 car that will be selling from early '09 (or late '08 - Nov/Dec).

That said, there may still be Z33's being sold as MY2009.
IMO- if the new Z is unveiled in Oct/Nov of this year as an 09' model or even a 10' model don't expect to see it on US sales floors until late summer early fall of 09'.
Nissan hasn't given an exact date when the new Z will be available yet. everybody has their own opinion but until Nissan makes that official announcement talk is just that, talk.
IMO- Wait until you see what the new Z is going to look like and then make your choice. You can always buy that 08' model.
Old 07-03-2008, 02:26 PM
Blue Komodo

370Z Is Feb production, spring delivery. The Interest rate was just droped to 2.9% on July 1st. RUN DON'T WALK if you want an '08! There are only a few hatches left, there are more Roadsters. I'm in Brampton.... I can help you with this.
Old 07-03-2008, 02:30 PM
zsport1

Nissan hasn't given an exact date when the new Z will be available yet. everybody has their own opinion but until Nissan makes that official announcement talk is just that, talk.
Old 07-03-2008, 03:45 PM
kingrukus

Originally Posted by Blue Komodo
370Z Is Feb production, spring delivery. The Interest rate was just droped to 2.9% on July 1st. RUN DON'T WALK if you want an '08! There are only a few hatches left, there are more Roadsters. I'm in Brampton.... I can help you with this.
Are you with a dealership? I was looking at importing from the USA.
Old 07-03-2008, 05:33 PM
aznguy370z

Originally Posted by zsport1
Nissan has been selling its cars about 3 months after it has been shown at auto shows, murano, maxima, fx are examples. So if the 370z is shown in nov the car most likely will be sold around feb-mar.

If the 370z is supposed to go on sale in dec in japan i asssume the car will be shown to the public before nov.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:14 PM
zsport1

Originally Posted by aznguy370z
Nissan has been selling its cars about 3 months after it has been shown at auto shows, murano, maxima, fx are examples. So if the 370z is shown in nov the car most likely will be sold around feb-mar.

If the 370z is supposed to go on sale in dec in japan i asssume the car will be shown to the public before nov.
You could be correct that the new Z may be reveiled before Nov. There are some reports that the car may appear in Paris in October. Which is before LA in Nov.
But again, Nissan has not given an exact date to when the new Z will be on sales floors in the US.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:38 PM
Blue Komodo

Are you with a dealership? I was looking at importing from the USA.
PM Me.
Old 07-04-2008, 02:25 AM
Teufel
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL @ the people saying the Z will plummet in price.

1. The 370Z looks like sh*t.
2. It's starting price is far more expensive so all the wanna-be ballers will be stuck.
3. The 350Z is still a GREAT looking Japanese sports car.

If my car drops much at all, I will just keep it as a daily driver.
Old 07-04-2008, 02:27 AM
Teufel
Banned

LOL

2.9% = who gives a sh*t

No one needs to run in this economy. In fact, I bet you 10 to 1 you these will be filling lots in 2-3 months.
Old 07-04-2008, 05:16 AM
inTgr8r

Originally Posted by opathal
LOL @ the people saying the Z will plummet in price.

1. The 370Z looks like sh*t.
2. It's starting price is far more expensive so all the wanna-be ballers will be stuck.
3. The 350Z is still a GREAT looking Japanese sports car.

If my car drops much at all, I will just keep it as a daily driver.
The only factual point is #3

1. until we actually see the car....
2. until it it's actually released...
Old 07-04-2008, 07:56 AM
Blue Komodo

LOL

2.9% = who gives a sh*t

No one needs to run in this economy. In fact, I bet you 10 to 1 you these will be filling lots in 2-3 months.
I think you need to get hooked on phonics. I don't know about "the depths of hell", but (for the second time) in Canada.... there are a handful of Z's left. So I will take your ten to one bet. The US has much higher population density, which equals more buying power. 2.9% Might be a ******** rate for you...... But for Canadians that's extremly good for this type of car. You should try reading more slowly. By the way, your economy is not doing so well right now.

Also; The 370 will be far less expensive than previous generations in Canada. So values for prior MY will plumet to (say it with me now) "the depths of hell"

Last edited by Blue Komodo; 07-04-2008 at 08:00 AM.
Old 07-04-2008, 08:01 AM
kingrukus

I think you need to get hooked on phonics. I don't know about "the depths of hell", but (for the second time) in Canada.... there are a handful of Z's left. So I will take your ten to one bet. The US has much higher population density, which equals more buying power. 2.9% Might be a ******** rate for you...... But for Canadians that's extremly good for this type of car. You should try reading more slowly. By the way, your economy is not doing so well right now.

Also; The 370 will be far less expensive than previous generations in Canada. So values for prior MY will plumet to (say it with me now) "the depths of hell"
Are you with Brampton North Nissan or any other dealership in the GTA?
Old 07-04-2008, 08:42 AM
Teufel
Banned

Hooked on phonics is in reference to spelling errors.....which I made none. Now you on the other hand, had a little trouble spelling "extremely" and "plummet." Maybe you need to take your own advice douche.
Old 07-04-2008, 08:45 AM
Teufel
Banned

Wait a second.........

You're a used car salesperson and you're lecturing me on intelligence....... Could that be any more ironic?
Old 07-04-2008, 09:36 AM
zsport1

Hooked on phonics is in reference to spelling errors.....which I made none. Now you on the other hand, had a little trouble spelling "extremely" and "plummet." Maybe you need to take your own advice douche.
HAAAA!!!! This is getting good.
I bet "BLUE HOMO" is related to ITD.

Quick Reply: Sell 350z now and wait for 370z?