Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

SoCal people keep your eyes open....

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008 | 09:38 AM
ZZtopp

Originally Posted by zsport1
Thanks ITD.
And I'm not doubting zztopp at all.
We just have alot of people that post up on this forum with "I saw this but I don't have any pics..."
And there is nothing wrong with me asking for pics.
Driver72, your post is really childish.
B!tching about no pics for an event that doesn't take place until September? Brilliant. The purpose of the original post was to alert SoCal Z people to be on the lookout for the production....it would be sizable and very obvious, including at least one camera crane and several camera cars. So you trash this "worthless" thread because there are no pictures yet??

I'm not sure why anyone with any real info even bothers on this forum.

Last edited by ZZtopp; 08-15-2008 at 09:50 AM.
Old 08-15-2008 | 10:37 AM
zsport1

Originally Posted by ZZtopp
B!tching about no pics for an event that doesn't take place until September? Brilliant. The purpose of the original post was to alert SoCal Z people to be on the lookout for the production....it would be sizable and very obvious, including at least one camera crane and several camera cars. So you trash this "worthless" thread because there are no pictures yet??

I'm not sure why anyone with any real info even bothers on this forum.
No one trashed anything man. This unfortunitely stems from another thread.
Old 08-15-2008 | 11:03 AM
JunkStory

It means your reading comprehension = fail.

because anything that disagrees with you = childish?
Old 08-15-2008 | 11:28 AM
Driver72

Thanks ITD.
And I'm not doubting zztopp at all.
We just have alot of people that post up on this forum with "I saw this but I don't have any pics..."

I thought it was quite funny?
It was meant to be at least.

I know the drill about internet forums, been on them since early 2000.
But hey, when someone posts that they see something or has some "insight" into it, I rather believe them and take it with a grain of salt, then be so critical and dismiss it as BS when I have zero proof to the otherwise.

For a LONG time now, car makers have kept making their models bigger and bigger and heavier and heavier.
I've even sent some of them emails with, "I was going to get your new XXXX car but it's now larger and 200 lbs heavier, so that new engine that makes 20 hp more is offset by the weight gain. So it's just a larger car, with no more "real" power and gets worse gas mileage."

FINALLY with gas hitting $4+ a gallon manufacturers are deciding enough is enough. Make the car lighter (and a bit smaller if need be) with engines that don't use more gas but get better gas mileage.

The use of Carbon Fiber (though expensive) helps that cause.
In the M3 it drops about 40 lbs off the weight of the roof (where weight is the biggest enemy).
It would make sense and be a VERY smart move on Nissan's part to offer CF roof on it's higher end trim level 370Z
There will surely be some who will pay the $1000+ premium to save 30-40 lbs in weight off the roof and gain better handling, better acceleration, better braking, and better gas mileage for it.

Not like my friend said he saw the 370Z with titanium roof or something.
CF roof would be very plausible and realistic.
You (and the 350Z crowd) should wish it be true. Hopefully it is.
I'd like to see more automakers shrinking the size of their cars and lowering the weight of them.

Kudos for Nissan for doing that.
I just don't get how the new Maxima could be smaller but weigh 200 lbs more.
Old 08-15-2008 | 11:41 AM
ZZtopp

No one trashed anything man. This unfortunitely stems from another thread.
"This thread is WORTHLESS without pics!" is what you posted....so exactly how, in your strange little mind, is that not trashing this thread? I'm walking the line by revealing some confidential/inside info that might help get us some photos in a few weeks, and you sit back, offering nothing, and point your little judgmental finger.

It's your ongoing annoying attitude in EVERY thread you post on that provokes such friction....and apparently I'm not the only one that sees it.

Aside from this, I just found out the the Infinit G37 convertible is on the list of cars scheduled to be shot, and the GTR is as well.
Old 08-15-2008 | 12:05 PM
zsport1

"This thread is WORTHLESS without pics!" is what you posted....so exactly how, in your strange little mind, is that not trashing this thread? I'm walking the line by revealing some confidential/inside info that might help get us some photos in a few weeks, and you sit back, offering nothing, and point your little judgmental finger.

It's your ongoing annoying attitude in EVERY thread you post on that provokes such friction....and apparently I'm not the only one that sees it.

Aside from this, I just found out the the Infinit G37 convertible is on the list of cars scheduled to be shot, and the GTR is as well.
You don't have any room to be calling anyone out. Your just as bad as the next person when it comes to posting an annoying attitude in almost EVERY thread you post. And there have been many people who have said the same about you in other threads but you always have to come back and attack people and more or less be a jerk everytime. More than less.
Old 08-15-2008 | 12:23 PM
ZZtopp

You don't have any room to be calling anyone out. Your just as bad as the next person when it comes to posting an annoying attitude in almost EVERY thread you post. And there have been many people who have said the same about you in other threads but you always have to come back and attack people and more or less be a jerk everytime. More than less.

Well, as usual with every thread you post on, it degenerates into poor Zhomo1 being beat up by the bad guys. Do you ever get tired of being the douchebag? I guess not.

Do everyone a favor and STFU. Maybe then this thread will continue and I can post updated info as I get it......and perhaps some stealthy California Z lovers can grab some shots for us. Then you won't have anything to whine about...no wait....you'll find something.
Old 08-15-2008 | 12:50 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD
Premier Member

Sometime during September, Nissan/Infiniti will be shooting the sizzle video of their new cars that will be shown in their booth at the LA Auto show. They will be shooting at (as yet) unspecified Southern California locations, and on the list of cars to be shot are not only the 370Z, but the 370Z roadster as well. I got this info from someone directly involved with the project.
Source, and 370Z roadster is not gonna be out till a year after the coupe. I seriously doubt they will have that car there since it was said NOT TO BE.
Old 08-15-2008 | 01:25 PM
kcobean
Premier Member

There needs to be some serious string pulling going on here from all parties. Chill guys...please, and keep the thread civil. The 'worthless' smiley is probably one of the more universally abused ones out there, to take it as an insult is being way too sensitive, and to use it out of context is annoying....so everyone back to their corners.

Thank you.
Old 08-15-2008 | 01:28 PM
ZZtopp

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
Source, and 370Z roadster is not gonna be out till a year after the coupe. I seriously doubt they will have that car there since it was said NOT TO BE.
You can "seriously doubt" whatever you want, but the 370Z roadster is definitely on the list of cars to be shot next month. There is no indication that anything other than the coupe will be at the LA show in November, but the roadster will be included in the video. Remember, this doesn't even have be to a roller...it could even be an engineless shell shot only briefly. If I find out more I will post it.

It's interesting that on the list the G37 is referred to as a "convertible," and the 370Z is referred to as a "roadster."
Old 08-15-2008 | 02:52 PM
Driver72

It's interesting that on the list the G37 is referred to as a "convertible," and the 370Z is referred to as a "roadster."
That's because usually 2 seat convertibles are known as roadsters, where as all other drop tops are convertibles.
Old 08-15-2008 | 02:55 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD
Premier Member

You can "seriously doubt" whatever you want, but the 370Z roadster is definitely on the list of cars to be shot next month. There is no indication that anything other than the coupe will be at the LA show in November, but the roadster will be included in the video. Remember, this doesn't even have be to a roller...it could even be an engineless shell shot only briefly. If I find out more I will post it.

Again what source? The source we saw said the 2009 370z would be out while we still have the 350Z roadster for another year. Give us a source.
Old 08-15-2008 | 02:56 PM
ZZtopp

Originally Posted by Driver72
That's because usually 2 seat convertibles are known as roadsters, where as all other drop tops are convertibles.
Old 08-15-2008 | 03:01 PM
Driver72

Again what source? The source we saw said the 2009 370z would be out while we still have the 350Z roadster for another year. Give us a source.
If he does have a "source" there is a good chance he can't say where (or from whom) he got the info anyway.

By the by, just because they are waiting an additional year to release the roadster doesn't mean they don't have prototypes or "mules" of them yet.

Car manufacturers are doing R&D on new cars for sometimes several years before release. They very well could have the R&D nearly done on the convertible too, but want to delay the release so they can get sales from the coupe first then hit the market with the convertible.
Or just delay the sales of the convertible until the beginning of the following spring, just in time for summer convertible sales.
Old 08-15-2008 | 03:10 PM
ZZtopp

Read the first post. If you're looking for someone's name or job title, fuggettaboutit.

Please show me where I've said the 370Z roadster will be out any earlier than Nissan has stated. There will be a vehicle that will be shot for the loop that will be shown in the Nissan/Infiniti booths beginning at the LA Auto Show and for future auto shows throughout 2009. Now they may not include the 370Z roadster in the video loop until many months later, but it will be shot next month during the same production. Are we clear now?
Old 08-15-2008 | 03:12 PM
ZZtopp

Originally Posted by Driver72
If he does have a "source" there is a good chance he can't say where (or from whom) he got the info anyway.

By the by, just because they are waiting an additional year to release the roadster doesn't mean they don't have prototypes or "mules" of them yet.

Car manufacturers are doing R&D on new cars for sometimes several years before release. They very well could have the R&D nearly done on the convertible too, but want to delay the release so they can get sales from the coupe first then hit the market with the convertible.
Or just delay the sales of the convertible until the beginning of the following spring, just in time for summer convertible sales.
Wow....someone with a brain.
Old 08-15-2008 | 04:23 PM
brooke

My god so much excitement about the upcoming z..
Old 08-15-2008 | 06:05 PM
zsport1

Well, as usual with every thread you post on, it degenerates into poor Zhomo1 being beat up by the bad guys. Do you ever get tired of being the douchebag? I guess not.

Do everyone a favor and STFU. Maybe then this thread will continue and I can post updated info as I get it......and perhaps some stealthy California Z lovers can grab some shots for us. Then you won't have anything to whine about...no wait....you'll find something.
Once again you show us your age.

Last edited by zsport1; 08-15-2008 at 06:27 PM.
Old 08-15-2008 | 06:55 PM
Greg06

Originally Posted by brooke
My god so much excitement about the upcoming z..
More Ego/Attitude than excitment about the car imo.
Old 08-15-2008 | 07:13 PM
ZZtopp

Once again you show us your age.

Once again you show us........nothing. Maybe you should heed the moderator and grow up. We wouldn't want a bundle of valuable info like you to be banned now would we??

Quick Reply: SoCal people keep your eyes open....