Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

When do the '09's come out

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 12:01 AM
Greg06

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Demon Z
You know what would be REALLY exciting? A Z on a dedicated chassis, not sharing one with an Infiniti SUV, among others!!!
Yup that would be something.. But in all reality the cost to Nissan would probably be too prohibitive to pass along to its customers. I bet a lot of us would be willing to pay the extra cost etc..

Wouldn't it be cool tho? To actually have the Z built, equipped and slated as a true sports car, rather then its normal tag and outfitting of an "affordable" sports car.

Last edited by Greg06; 09-10-2008 at 12:03 AM.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:09 AM
Demon Z

Originally Posted by Greg06
Yup that would be something.. But in all reality the cost to Nissan would probably be too prohibitive to pass along to its customers. I bet a lot of us would be willing to pay the extra cost etc..

Wouldn't it be cool tho? To actually have the Z built, equipped and slated as a true sports car, rather then its normal tag and outfitting of an "affordable" sports car.
Absolutely. But I'm not holding my breath.
Old 09-10-2008, 04:38 AM
in.the.dark

Originally Posted by Demon Z
You know what would be REALLY exciting? A Z on a dedicated chassis, not sharing one with an Infiniti SUV, among others!!!
Originally Posted by Greg06

The FM platform isn't a bad platform. The FX50 commercial makes me absolutely livid. The one where they talk about a crossover built on a sports car with a 390 horsepower V8. But all the while, the only sports car on that platform is making do with a mid-three hundred horsepower V6. Why in the HELL don't they actually make a sports car on that platform with a V8? It would already be cost effective given they are already building the combination. Obviously the most efficient way to rectify the situation would be to shoehorn a V8 into the Z, modify the weight distribution (battery in the trunk please) and tune the suspension for the V8. Get on it Nissan.

This would be the equivalent of Nike coming up with some special rubber that you could put in the sole of a shoe that allows you to run faster, but then only putting it into Chuck Taylors. What the Hell Nissan? What the Hell?

Oh and Nissan, if a V8 CUV is alright with your CAFE strategy, a lighter V8 sports coupe should be just fine.

Last edited by in.the.dark; 09-10-2008 at 04:41 AM.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:16 AM
shadykilla717

Originally Posted by in.the.dark
The FM platform isn't a bad platform. The FX50 commercial makes me absolutely livid. The one where they talk about a crossover built on a sports car with a 390 horsepower V8. But all the while, the only sports car on that platform is making do with a mid-three hundred horsepower V6. Why in the HELL don't they actually make a sports car on that platform with a V8? It would already be cost effective given they are already building the combination. Obviously the most efficient way to rectify the situation would be to shoehorn a V8 into the Z, modify the weight distribution (battery in the trunk please) and tune the suspension for the V8. Get on it Nissan.

This would be the equivalent of Nike coming up with some special rubber that you could put in the sole of a shoe that allows you to run faster, but then only putting it into Chuck Taylors. What the Hell Nissan? What the Hell?

Oh and Nissan, if a V8 CUV is alright with your CAFE strategy, a lighter V8 sports coupe should be just fine.

They do that so people like me who bought an 08 the month the 08's came out won't feel like total dicks knowing we coulda waited a year n a half for the 370 (.. Since now we can't afford to trade in our Z for the new one..
Old 09-10-2008, 05:40 AM
DanielW
Banned

talk about reading two pages of really repetetive information.... Mods should come in and delete some of these posts.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:20 AM
Manjot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shadykilla717
They do that so people like me who bought an 08 the month the 08's came out won't feel like total dicks knowing we coulda waited a year n a half for the 370 (.. Since now we can't afford to trade in our Z for the new one..
Enjoy it...There's not too much of a difference