Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

For all those that (really do) hate the 370z....

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 03:54 AM
Greg06

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KingBaby
I hope I'm not on your ignore list. I hope I'm not on anyone ignore list. Yes, I have Hate in my heart for this car...lol...subject to change...Yes, but for right now I'm on the Hate Train doing a 100 mph...
No worries man..I hear what your saying.

Edit: You were never on my list

Last edited by Greg06; 10-20-2008 at 03:59 AM.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:35 PM
Smokin370Z

Originally Posted by KingBaby
I hope I'm not on your ignore list. I hope I'm not on anyone ignore list. Yes, I have Hate in my heart for this car...lol...subject to change...Yes, but for right now I'm on the Hate Train doing a 100 mph...
Im on the love train going 100mph!
Old 10-25-2008, 04:26 PM
r0csfinest

I dont like the 370z but keep looking at it because hopefully they will change some of the things I didnt like. Like they did with the GTR.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:26 PM
zsport1

Originally Posted by john69
I like boobies
Old 12-03-2008, 07:17 PM
AZhitman

Wow, lots of "opinions" from people who haven't seen it in person or driven the **** out of it.

Just for fun, here's my take on the car: 370Z Review
Old 12-03-2008, 07:49 PM
moflow

Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

370z looks = gross
370z performance = I want it

So i like to read about it, but it kind of pisses me off.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:54 PM
AZhitman

I can appreciate that.

I thought the same thing when the G35 Coupe came out... It grew on me - FAST. And, of course, I bought one.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:05 PM
MC@MYGTR

Originally Posted by AZhitman
Wow, lots of "opinions" from people who haven't seen it in person or driven the **** out of it.

Just for fun, here's my take on the car: 370Z Review

you tell'em greg. that was a good write up. especially the wrong side of the speedometer part

monday i'l be adding a 's review of my own
Old 12-16-2008, 07:00 PM
blueduiker

Originally Posted by xx2ndgenxx

Thread = Fial

Spelling Fail
Old 12-16-2008, 07:07 PM
Phantom Menace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hahahaha. I've always liked all cars with the "Z" emblem on it. Sooner or later, I have loved them all. I admit, I didn't much like the 350 when it first came out. I thought it went against the "spirit and style" of my, then, current car. A Z32TT. After a while, it grew on me and I learned to love it. Hindsight is 20/20, so I can now say that I didn't accept the 350 because I was mad. Mad that my 32 didn't have a gianormous V6 in a small package. Now, they just made the v6 even gianormous'er and the package, smaller'er! Hahaha. People shouldn't hate cause, if we are all true z-heads, we'll each end up driving and owning one...sooner or later.

Some folks can't get used to the "new-car-envy" that hits every 3 or 4 years and turn it into pure hater'ation. Hahaha.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:26 PM
DiscoLiveOpera

I think its more of like buying a new iphone for 400$ and being like "yaaaay" then having the iphone 2 come out like 4 months later. Spending allot of money on something sweet then having a new version of it come out is kind of upsetting.. but it has to happen and does.

Driving your 350 down the road and having a 370 pull right up next to you.. and most people don't have the kind of cash to fork out for a new car every 3 or 4 years.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:56 PM
Atag012

Default ***qs

Originally Posted by Blu_Blur
Thread= Fail

370Z= Kinda ugly.
this proves that all of you *******s are faqgs.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:48 AM
xNeo

Why is the forum for people who only like the new Z? I think it's to discuss in a forum pros and cons, some people don't want hear the cons they just read over them and others find the need to defend it argue or agree. So I think this thread is more redundant and unnecessary than the negative 370z comments.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:30 AM
Greg06

Originally Posted by xNeo
Why is the forum for people who only like the new Z? I think it's to discuss in a forum pros and cons, some people don't want hear the cons they just read over them and others find the need to defend it argue or agree. So I think this thread is more redundant and unnecessary than the negative 370z comments.
Yeah right.. Having hate/flame/fight posts all over the place.. Not to mention all the 370 vs chevy, hyundai, saturn etc..etc... Which btw starts all the arguing. So much so that the mods locked a few threads and handed out temp bans on the posters involved.

You also asked why is this forum mostly for 370z fans? Dude get a clue.. Hint: Go on over to the Nismo ,GTR or even the 350z area's and start a "I hate it thread". Or even another car forum, If you still don't get it.

No one is arguing against constructive criticism..

This thread was pointed solely at those who made it a point to spam their dislike in each and every thread, multiple times and starting countless arguments.

LOL Whats with some of you? You have a taste for flamefest/repost hell type forums? We have the OT section for that..
Old 12-17-2008, 09:02 AM
scrapser

I've posted over and over because my disappointment and frustration is very strong. Every time I see the 370, those feelings come right to the surface. I think a lot of people were really excited when it was announced that a new Z was in the making. Based on our experience with the 350, we were all pretty expectent Nissan was going to come out with something special.

The key word here is "special". The 370 is new, different, evolutionary, improved performance, etc. but none of these adjectives automatically carry a positive connotation. Depending on the individual, how the car looks is an opinion. I understand that. But in spite of that fact, there is definitely an underlying feeling amongst many, many people (350 owners and newbies alike) that there's something just not quite right about the 370 design in terms of visual appeal.

I think a lot of people (myself included) feel let down by Nissan. They took something that was solid and immediately recognizable and turned it into a mutt; with weird, unsupported additions like the funny lights, butthole, and fangs. Those "features" have no sense of origin in any of the past models and do not compliment the car (the new 370) in any way. They stick out like a sore thumb and ruin any attempt to visually bring the whole experience together. The result is what you've been reading here. People say they aren't feeling it, or they are on the fence, or just simply say the car looks ugly.

Who in hell wants to buy a car that they will have to "come to like" over time? Or for that matter, buy a whole slew of after market parts to "fix" it? I'm not talking about people modding the car. I'm talking about people who don't like the car stock and see the need to replace parts to make it acceptable. That is really dumb on Nissan's part to release a new vehicle that has a questionable acceptance level beyond the expected resistance to change.

For myself, I've grown tired of espressing my disappointment. I have a 350 and thank my good fortune I was able to buy new one when I did. In a year or less, people will have no choice but the 370 if they want a brand new Z. And that's just plain sad.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:59 AM
jor8888

I like 370z but I dont like the nose and the butt hole.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:03 PM
VincenzoL

Haven't made up my mind yet but so far it's looking kinda ugly.
Old 12-19-2008, 01:36 PM
scrapser

There's a nice rear end shot of a black 370 on one of the other threads. I don't mean to harp but in that shot, the angle is such that you can't see the funny shape of the tail lights. But more on point, the shot also presents the opportunity to make an observation.

If you look closely, you can see how the rear deck of the hatch is quite a bit higher than the body just behind the fender flairs on either side. I think they could have shaped the car so the deck and body matched. This would have retained the "coupe" appearance and reduced the bulbous appearance it currently presents.

And just so people understand...my reason for posting objections is because I don't believe in complacency. Remember...the squeakiest wheel gets the grease. If enough people make noise about the new design, perhaps Nissan will listen. People who are about to become first time Z owners do not realize they are voting for the new shape when they buy the car. I'm sure most of them are in the middle of the bell curve of acceptance which skews the real reaction the rest of us are having to Nissan's design decision.

Also, I'm not stating things off the top of my head. I'm 53 and have been an artist all my life. I know something about aesthetics and there are definitely some design flaws with this car that the 350 did not have. The lights...no matter what people say...do not fit in with the car's overall design theme. They were just stuck on and I really would like to know what the reason was for including them. I've written two letters to Nissan politely criticizing the design and asking questions but have yet to receive a reply.

Lastly, believe it or not but I do care about the Z. I love the Z and in many ways, it really hurts to see a car that looks solid, aggressive, and serious turned into something more akin to a cartoon. I'm surprised there aren't more people voicing their objections more strongly. I mean...this is the Z! What the hell is going on with Nissan?
Old 12-19-2008, 03:55 PM
streetracer

I give kudos to Nissan to come up with a mechanically oriented lighter car instead of focusing on electronic nannies that spoil the drive and weight. Everything on the car is better than the 350z. I have no doubt it will badly outrun an stock Evo X even from a dig. Is it ugly, yes, but its bueauty lies in its purpose.
Old 12-19-2008, 05:00 PM
scrapser

Originally Posted by streetracer
I give kudos to Nissan to come up with a mechanically oriented lighter car instead of focusing on electronic nannies that spoil the drive and weight. Everything on the car is better than the 350z. I have no doubt it will badly outrun an stock Evo X even from a dig. Is it ugly, yes, but its bueauty lies in its purpose.
I have nothing against the performance improvements save the weight. From what I've read on various threads, the weight reduction is negligible and outright gone if you load up with all the goodies. So what did Nissan really accomplish with all the redesign? It's a shame the good looking car has a so-so interior while the not so good looking car has the improvements.

Quick Reply: For all those that (really do) hate the 370z....