Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

For all those that (really do) hate the 370z....

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 07:26 AM
Shadrackc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can apply this arguement to Mustangs, Camaro's, Corvettes, etc. Just because it is new doesn't make it better. Lets see if the 370 can still turn heads 6 years from now. The 350Z still does that and the design is from 2003.
Lets see in 2015 how that design is holding out. See if the front fangs are now the rave. See how many other cars boomerang the headlights and tailights.
If I was buying new today, and had both options with the same interior/engine and the only difference was the exterior look, it would be the 350Z due to the more refined look vs the glaring "hey look at me" look.
But that is just me.
I agree though, good discussion and nice to have some intelligent statements from the pro 370Z crowd.
And Scrapser, you and I are from the same camp. Not enough of a change to make it worth selling and buying. I'm actually wanting to hold out for a GT-R if the Nissan dealers in my city ever get the stones to do the shop additions needed to sell it. Can't see myself driving to Calgary for service.

Last edited by Shadrackc; 12-30-2008 at 07:29 AM.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:52 AM
scrapser

Originally Posted by Shadrackc
Can't see myself driving to Calgary for service.
Jeez...I just noticed you're in Canada. I used to live in Great Falls, Montana so I know what winters can get like out there (-55 F...not wind chill, actual temp). How much do you drive your Z in the cold months?

Sorry folks...just a little diversion from the topic.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:55 AM
DFW Z33
I am salad

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sumfknguy
stop bitchin and go make me a sammich
Old 12-30-2008, 08:00 AM
Shadrackc

I don't. Parked in my garage. Right now we are at -22C, or -8F, but add in the wind chill and you get close to the -40C/F. I get about 7 months of driving on a good year. They use a lot of salt on our roads and last year I got caught about 20 miles from home in the first snowfall. Accelerate, break tires loose, downshift, break tires loose. Took me close to an hour to get home.
This year, parked and polished before the snow hit. 14K KM on it, less than 10K miles. I have a 03 Suburban that I drive in the winter.
Here is an HDR pic.
Attached Thumbnails For all those that (really do) hate the 370z....-img_0225.jpg  
Old 12-30-2008, 08:37 AM
Rexy7

I don't. Parked in my garage. Right now we are at -22C, or -8F, but add in the wind chill and you get close to the -40C/F. I get about 7 months of driving on a good year. They use a lot of salt on our roads and last year I got caught about 20 miles from home in the first snowfall. Accelerate, break tires loose, downshift, break tires loose. Took me close to an hour to get home.
This year, parked and polished before the snow hit. 14K KM on it, less than 10K miles. I have a 03 Suburban that I drive in the winter.
Here is an HDR pic.
Z looks great, love those ray factory wheels.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:40 AM
Shadrackc

Thanks. Yes, Nissan got it right on those wheels. Saved me a lot of money since I don't have the desire to replace them. Funny how much attention they get from the tuner crowd when I am out cruising.
Factory rims getting positive attention. Who'd of thought?
Old 12-30-2008, 10:05 AM
scrapser

Thanks. Yes, Nissan got it right on those wheels. Saved me a lot of money since I don't have the desire to replace them. Funny how much attention they get from the tuner crowd when I am out cruising.
Factory rims getting positive attention. Who'd of thought?
Nice looking car. Mine is just like my avatar (DB) and it came with the OEM optional chrome plated alloy wheels. You've probably seen them...the spokes are slender and have a slight angle to them.

Getting back to the topic. There's a lot of posts that the 350 looks dated but I've had my car for going on 3 years and I still get compliments from complete strangers when I'm out and about and I haven't done any mods to the car...just keep it clean and polished. Blue and silver are a perfect combination...ever notice how jewelry stores use a lot of blue for the displays? It's not a coincidence.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:18 AM
Shadrackc

Well I wasn't originally looking to get silver, but I bought late in the 07 year so there weren't a lot of coupes available. Plus I didn't want the nav. The only one left that met what I was looking for was sitting in a showroom in Hamilton and the dealership had done some mods. Everything in my sig was done by the dealership before I bought it and part of my deal was that it had to all be covered by factory warranty which I have in writing.
Once I saw the silver, I loved it, and you are right, every kid in my sons highschool looks with their mouth open when I pick him up. I see people pointing the car out to their friends when I drive down the street. Even watched a kid ride his bike into a bush because he was looking. Helps to have it lowered in the looks department, but I'm amazed that a car whose design is 6 years old still turns the heads like it does. You can see the similarities in the 370, but I'm not a fan of changes I've stated above.