Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

370z hp/tq from NFS:U

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008 | 01:04 AM
ART_

Originally Posted by T-dizee
flat out. the new 370 motor will be stronger by far though too. off the block it wont be that much more than the HR motors. the 370's rods are bigger, and stonger, and the pistons are too. they will be able to handle alot more boost and power. around the 500 to 600hp on a stock long block. you guys will see. even with a open deck block. it will take it no problem. but just my opinion, the car looks like crap! that thing is way to damn ugly for me to buy. but the 37 motor will swap right into a HR 350 no problem. harness and ecu and a few hose tweaks, and she is in! also to, for your guys's info, they already make a turbo z from japan from the factory. single turbo setup, with one hell of a ugly intake manifold. im talking about the DE's. they have been around for a while now in japan. just incase you guys didnt know. didnt mean to make that sound all snobby like. but thought i would throw my 2 cents in.
WTF R U FOR REALZ???

PHIAL!!!!
Old 11-08-2008 | 10:26 AM
Z You Later

Originally Posted by scmtkings4
are you talking about the one posted by Gothchick? _jb's g35?

if so, then im pretty sure its not an HR motor. Its a revup DE
oops!!, i misread that... I=fail on that one! haha
Old 11-08-2008 | 10:29 AM
trebien

A lot of people need to go familiarize themselves with the fact that the power ratings for engines changed a few years ago, so you can't compare numbers.

The old SAE J1349 standard for net horsepower was the standard, starting in 1972. In 2005, SAE implimented the new J2723 standard, which usually yields lower (but more realistic and repeatable) numbers for a given test, compared to the previous methods. So, comparing pre-2005 published numbers to post-2005 published numbers isn't accurate.
Old 11-08-2008 | 12:19 PM
Zstealth

BRING BACK THE TURBO!!!!!!
Old 11-08-2008 | 03:11 PM
newtkindred

You guys catch where Road and Track said the 370Z would have close to 350 bhp in this video?

http://www.roadandtrack.com/video/in...tid=1851168678
Old 11-08-2008 | 03:15 PM
GHOST1207

Originally Posted by gothchick
^ Very nice, but you still get trumped.

Adam from Z1 is making 320whp on his 3.5 NA DE.
https://my350z.com/forum/na-builds/2...soup-nuts.html

Rednezz is at 316whp on his 3.5 NA DE.
https://my350z.com/forum/na-builds/2...ilt-motor.html

__JB with not as much work done to his 3.5 NA DE is putting down 312whp.
https://my350z.com/forum/na-builds/3...g35-coupe.html

Your turn to go fish. :-)
Meh, all those mods and elbow grease and only 320 hp? HRs can get 318whp with couple bolt ons and tune, troll the HR tech area and find members like A.H. pushing over 300whp without much effort. Verdict: even though aftermarket mods are limited, HRs respond better to bolt ons than the DE, shoot, even boost wise too, someone has 540whp 10-11 psi on their stock block HR.
Old 11-08-2008 | 03:41 PM
aloh

^ Very nice, but you still get trumped.

Adam from Z1 is making 320whp on his 3.5 NA DE.
https://my350z.com/forum/na-builds/2...soup-nuts.html

Rednezz is at 316whp on his 3.5 NA DE.
https://my350z.com/forum/na-builds/2...ilt-motor.html

__JB with not as much work done to his 3.5 NA DE is putting down 312whp.
https://my350z.com/forum/na-builds/3...g35-coupe.html

Your turn to go fish. :-)
Wow you are really arrogant.

Those three Z's have BUILT motors. Those have alot more work done to them than the HR posted earlier that made over 300 whp. That HR is also an automatic. That HR does not have any internal engine mods. So youre basically telling us "ZOMG LOOK AT THESE DE'S WITH A CRAPLOAD OF MODS AND BUILT MOTOR!! IT MAKEZ A BIT MORE THAN A BOLTON AUTO HR!!!ONEONE" If you put those SAME parts (pistons, rods, whatever) into the HR, i can guarantee you that it will make more power than a DE.

I wont try to convince you that the HR is superior to the DE, because its fact, but you cant seem to handle it. Everytime i see any thread about the DE and HR, you somehow have the need to "defend" the DE motors. I see you coming along with the same "backup and evidence" to support your claim that the DE is superior to the HR. Believe what you want, but most people here will agree that the HR has much more potential than the DE. Im not bashing the DE in any way, Im just getting tired of reading your comments about this debate in numerous other threads.
Old 11-08-2008 | 09:49 PM
SniperHunter

From a DE owner....HR > DE. Facts of life.
Old 11-10-2008 | 02:48 AM
Sunset350ZR

There really is no comparison. In our little group There is a my ZR with a revup, another ZR that is an HR and another G37. Al the same basic weight with the coupe being the heaviest. I can run with the stock HR (not out run) but mine has bolt ons and I'm the lightest. The G37 even though a heavy beast is just stroger in a straight line. Its simply technological advance. My RevUp is faster than my DE. Tony's HR is faster than my RevUp and the G37 seems to be ahead of the HR. Actual weight question in that one and I have'nt driven them head to head to see just how much faster The G37 is over a similarly weighted ZR. Get over 06 and under owners. Love your Z or trade it in when the 370 comes out.
Old 11-10-2008 | 08:40 AM
supergoji

get a full tank of gas and a 200lb passenger and you'll weigh as much as a G37.
Old 11-10-2008 | 10:27 AM
gothchick

Originally Posted by aloh
Wow you are really arrogant.

Im just getting tired of reading your comments about this debate in numerous other threads.
Tell ya what sport... ******** walks and verifiable numbers talk. Go get some "superior" numbers for your little HR or STFU. According to the numbers - The DE owns the HR right now. Period. Lol~ :-)

Last edited by gothchick; 11-10-2008 at 10:29 AM.
Old 11-10-2008 | 10:40 AM
caly2121

Built DE just barely more power than a stock HR, and you've provided the proof for everyone.

hm.... you may want to rethink your position.
Old 11-10-2008 | 10:51 AM
THe Emperor

Regarding the specs from NFS:U, EA has been known to have inaccurate specs in before. For example on the last NFS which was Pro Street they had 06+ Z body with the 03-05 Z engine specs.

And when it comes to DE Vs HR, I could care less which engine is better. I'm going FI and calling it a day.

Last edited by THe Emperor; 11-10-2008 at 10:55 AM.
Old 11-10-2008 | 11:26 AM
Lite350z

Tell ya what sport... ******** walks and verifiable numbers talk. Go get some "superior" numbers for your little HR or STFU. According to the numbers - The DE owns the HR right now. Period. Lol~ :-)
wow I can't believe the forum as a whole lets you get away with the crap that flows out your computer. On any other automotive forum you would be eaten alive with your arrogance and ignorance. Yes numbers talk so lets count the number of modifications those 300+whp DE's have compared to the 300+whp HR's. The HR's haven't even been broken open where those DE's have different internals then stock. Also numbers talk but not so much considering, A) they changed the rating system and B) every dyno reads different. Your horrible comparisons and ignorance would have resulted in a ban on any other intellectual forum. You must have previously been a honda owner to live and die by the dyno charts. Ignorance > You
Old 11-10-2008 | 12:37 PM
THe Emperor

Originally Posted by Lite350z
wow I can't believe the forum as a whole lets you get away with the crap that flows out your computer. On any other automotive forum you would be eaten alive with your arrogance and ignorance. Yes numbers talk so lets count the number of modifications those 300+whp DE's have compared to the 300+whp HR's. The HR's haven't even been broken open where those DE's have different internals then stock. Also numbers talk but not so much considering, A) they changed the rating system and B) every dyno reads different. Your horrible comparisons and ignorance would have resulted in a ban on any other intellectual forum. You must have previously been a honda owner to live and die by the dyno charts. Ignorance > You

Not getting into this arguement but you gotta accept the fact that they'll let her get away with saying just about anything she wants not just because she's a chick but a chick with a Z. I've seen it in the past, a guy will get ripped apart for asking a certain question but then a chick will ask the same question the same or next day and they suddenly become angels and answer the question politely.

In all honesty if I could swap my DE for a HR I would. Looking at the the bone stock 1/4 mile times the HR is just plain quicker. But like I said before I'm going FI and I'll be happy with 400 HP at the wheels whether it's a DE or HR, so I don't really care that much.
Old 11-10-2008 | 01:31 PM
aloh

HAHAHAHAHA WOW.

I especially liked how you only quoted the first two things i said but completely disregarded everything else. Says alot about how you think "DE's are superior to HR's"

Even your use of the word "owns" is inaccurate. Owning would be irrefutably destroying the other, (kind of like how I am with you and your arrogant arguments). In your "proof" that you display above of a fully built and maximum bolt-on modded DE making WHOPPING 2 WHP MORE THAN A.H's basic bolton and tuned AUTOMATIC HR is CLEARLY "owning."

Jeezus gais. 2WHP is ownage. zomfg. DE R TEH BESTESTORZ !!!ONEone!!!111

Yes, the VERIFIABLE NUMBERS ARE THAT A DE MODDED TO THAT EXTENT MADE ONLY 2 MORE WHP THAN A.H's.

Dont like A.H's dynograph? Thats no problem. Go look around in the HR forum and you'll see plenty of dynos done to HR's with simple mods like exhaust and intake and others have a tune. They still make a substantial more amount of power than any DE with just an exhaust and intake.

Just like you said, ******** WALKS AND VERIFIABLE NUMBERS TALK.

And of course, since you say numbers talk, then all those dynos must mean SOMETHING. But to you, apparently not because you're stuck in denial.

The FACTS stand:

Give an HR the same level of modding and engine work as seen in Adam's DE and the HR will come out on top EVERYTIME.

Last edited by aloh; 11-10-2008 at 01:45 PM.
Old 11-10-2008 | 04:02 PM
skaterbasist

I don't understand why gothchick doesn't give credit where its due.

I've been to numorous dyno days and track days, and I can without a doubt say that the HR>DE.

We have a beefier torque curve, but their powerband is just very linear and makes a better hp average where it counts.

The HR keeps climbing in power at high RPM's where the DE just flattens out and runs out of power.
Old 11-10-2008 | 07:24 PM
Firebase99

What is this HR motor you all speak of? What blasphemy thinking four years of engine evolution will make more power than the original DE!!!
Old 11-10-2008 | 11:59 PM
GHOST1207

So just because a fully built DE makes 2 more whp than a bolt on HR it is superior? Dee da dee, your logic FTW! Man I shouldve bought an 06 when I had the chance! I couldve spent thousands and have a 2whp over slightly modded HR!!! I'm a failure for buying an 08, I must go kill myself now!!!!

Last edited by GHOST1207; 11-11-2008 at 12:03 AM.
Old 11-11-2008 | 05:50 AM
stepuckey

official 370z specs? ...anyone?

Quick Reply: 370z hp/tq from NFS:U