Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

So....the 370z? or the Genesis Coupe?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 11:59 AM
bhk1004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you know... i look at this car, and this is what an SRT4 could have been... its an SRT4 done right... american car makers took shortcuts, lets see how koreans do on this one. cant wait to test drive one when i get my hands on it.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:02 PM
sahn

i heard hyundai is making their way up to luxury hence the name "genesis" new beginning. Now that they own kia, i believe kia will be the old "hyundai". I mean the genesis sedan beats the 7 series in performance and in features and its half the price.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:14 PM
zsport1

Originally Posted by Nissan_Fan
How did I started this? I wasn't the one calling another car that I haven't driven a "POS." You're the one who got all defensive when a "lesser" brand was compared to Nissan, turd. If you cannot accept that then you're in denial. By the way, Hyundai isn't a luxury brand and should be compared to Nissan, not Infiniti. Speaking of which, how did Nissan do on those JD Power surveys compared to Hyundai? I'm curious to read what excuses you have for Nissan in that regard.
I didn't get defensive about anything. I was simply stating my opinion. That was you taking my comment out of context and judging from your poor gramar and typing skills it's really no surprise.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:18 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Poor mans G coupe FTL.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:26 PM
HoustnZ

Originally Posted by waizzz
Poor mans G coupe FTL.
Definitely for the little kids who can't afford the Z.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:30 PM
bhk1004

Originally Posted by HoustnZ
Definitely for the little kids who can't afford the Z.
EHHH i dont know... i think cars like these have to be out there to push for nissan to bring FI back into the Z. im honestly contemplating getting one of these and just beating on it for 3-4 years and waiting on the next gen Z. this new one seems to be dissapointing in the weight loss and power department...
Old 11-11-2008, 12:36 PM
350Zenophile

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Hyundai Fan or not you have to appreciate a manufacturer's effort when they add a lightweight aluminum spare on the track and R models.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:45 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I will not respect this company until they can produce a vehicle that has an original design.

IMO both the coupe and sedan are a blatant rip-off of the design of the G.

Especially with the close price points I would prefer a G over a Hyundai any day of the week.

Ask around to your non-enthusiast friends and colleagues, I'm sure they will say the same thing.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:50 PM
tropicalypso

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ With all do respect, the Genesis is priced considerably lower than a G or a Z.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:59 PM
bhk1004

I will not respect this company until they can produce a vehicle that has an original design.

Especially with the close price points I would prefer a G over a Hyundai any day of the week.

Ask around to your non-enthusiast friends and colleagues, I'm sure they will say the same thing.
I unno... your looking at a minimum 10k difference in price. im not considering the v6 cause if the i4 is the evoX motor... swap turbo for evo turbo, breathing mods and tune and your at 330rwhp(which is what the evoX seem to be putting down)

most friends at colleagues will have no idea about cars and just look at brand and the stock hp rating. This car is specifically for the tuner market so i dont know why you wouldnt ask a enthusiast? Im honestly not saying this car is better than the Z or G, im just saying its a GREAT substitute/option at a lower price.

of course you will have ot be able to deal with the fact that everyone and thier mother will have one lol but i think itll be a fun toy car.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:05 PM
Nissan_Fan

Originally Posted by zsport1
I didn't get defensive about anything. I was simply stating my opinion. That was you taking my comment out of context and judging from your poor gramar and typing skills it's really no surprise.
Speaking of poor grammar, you should have looked up that word in the dictionary before you used it.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:06 PM
sahn

^ again....this car was made to be modified....hence a lot of engine bay room...which color do u guys think will look best?

the 370z kinda looks like a crossfire in a way....i really respect what nissan did to the z but i kinda think they over did it with the 370z...doesnt look to impressive.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:07 PM
halcyon901

dont know about the sedan being a rip-off of the G. i dont really see any similarities between the two. also, i believe Hyundai is marketing this car against larger sedans, such as the M-series
Old 11-11-2008, 01:18 PM
sahn

Originally Posted by halcyon901
dont know about the sedan being a rip-off of the G. i dont really see any similarities between the two. also, i believe Hyundai is marketing this car against larger sedans, such as the M-series
yup it beat the 7 series performance and feature wise....=D

DAMMMMMMM
Old 11-11-2008, 01:20 PM
sahn

the emblem looks like an aston martin though...but i still see no G resemblence ??
Old 11-11-2008, 01:27 PM
trebien

Am I interested in a Genesis coupe or sedan? No.

Am I impressed at what Hyundai has acheived? Yes.

I don't find it threatening, and can give props where it is due.

On the other hand, I doubt it will have the dynamics that I've come to expect... and probably will be a little soft around the edges. But for 90% of the buying public, these are great cars for the money. I just have doubts as to how it would feel on a track.

Looks like that Genesis Coupe with a 2.0T has a lot of aftermarket potential, and there will be several easily modded models that will be faster than a 370Z. And definitely faster than a G37 coupe, which I more consider direct competition due to feature content and the 2+2 arrangement... more of a GT than a sports car.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:47 PM
whoaishjustin

Originally Posted by sahn
the emblem looks like an aston martin though...but i still see no G resemblence ??
looks like an M34-45 from side profile, all in all its not bad for the price.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:51 PM
HoustnZ

Originally Posted by Nissan_Fan
Speaking of poor grammar, you should have looked up that word in the dictionary before you used it.
Dude, already. How old are you, like 3?
Old 11-11-2008, 02:55 PM
kaizenro1

I'm really liking it. I'm actually considering it over a used 07/08 Z.

I'd prolly pick up the 2.0t and see if a good company has a chip for it.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:59 PM
ekelly36

anyone talking about this being the poor kids Z.... have you checked the price of used 07 and 08 Z's lately? Sad that you can get a used Z with less than 10k miles for around 20k .... I think it is the best shot at Hyundai to get a good spot on the map that they have ever had and I wouldnt under estimate them..... Clean car and with an after market following im sure they will be a force to reckon with.....

Quick Reply: So....the 370z? or the Genesis Coupe?