Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

Is it just me or is the new 370z one of the ugliest cars ever?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 07:47 AM
Endgame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zed-er
Nissan will sell every one of these things they can manage to build, current global economic outlook notwithstanding. They will do this whether you like the car or not. It's just that simple. Now, get over yourself.

I, along with many others, happen to think the 370 surpasses the 350 in every area - styling, performance and value. It's obvious that you don't. And that's okay. So, as I keep saying, go back to the 350 forums and complain about the 370 over there, already. Let those of us who like the 370 enjoy ourselves. Nobody is putting a gun to your head to make you buy the new car. We promise not to go to the 350 forums and complain about how dated and slow your cars are.

And, to the OP, yes, it is just you.

zed-er
Aman brother.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:52 AM
Renesis07

Geez if you think a 350Z is slow, you should drive a stock RX8
Old 11-26-2008, 01:19 PM
Red6

Originally Posted by zed-er
Nissan will sell every one of these things they can manage to build, current global economic outlook notwithstanding. They will do this whether you like the car or not. It's just that simple. Now, get over yourself.

I, along with many others, happen to think the 370 surpasses the 350 in every area - styling, performance and value. It's obvious that you don't. And that's okay. So, as I keep saying, go back to the 350 forums and complain about the 370 over there, already. Let those of us who like the 370 enjoy ourselves. Nobody is putting a gun to your head to make you buy the new car. We promise not to go to the 350 forums and complain about how dated and slow your cars are.

And, to the OP, yes, it is just you.

zed-er

Well in the past the Z sold because of it pricing and trim level. Now its a 30K car. I doubt you see a whole lot of them.

The 350z was a hit because of pricing and design + modablity. The economy was good as well.

The global econ is going to limit the number of cars sold + the 370z hideous design is going to kill the thought in a consumers head.

Remember the 280Z? It was lame and didn’t sell. They killed the Z for a long time after that until the 300zx. This one is slated for the same demise.

Just because you’re hyped about it doesn’t mean everyone has the same taste.

Nissan is stupid to take out their core targeted market out of the picture which would be previous owners of the 350z. The headlight and tail and stupid design is going to kill the car.

Past concepts look better and final production looks like ish. I would go as far as saying the front bumper, headlight, and tail are ricey. It is what it is.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:37 PM
z32 Outlaw Z

Originally Posted by z32 Outlaw Z
I dont like it either. Too rounded in the back. Everyone i know agrees.
Just saw the new Photochops done of the new Z. I take back my previous statement. lol
Old 11-26-2008, 01:55 PM
Greg06

Originally Posted by Red6
Well in the past the Z sold because of it pricing and trim level. Now its a 30K car. I doubt you see a whole lot of them.

The 350z was a hit because of pricing and design + modablity. The economy was good as well.

The global econ is going to limit the number of cars sold + the 370z hideous design is going to kill the thought in a consumers head.

Remember the 280Z? It was lame and didn’t sell. They killed the Z for a long time after that until the 300zx. This one is slated for the same demise.

Just because you’re hyped about it doesn’t mean everyone has the same taste.

Nissan is stupid to take out their core targeted market out of the picture which would be previous owners of the 350z. The headlight and tail and stupid design is going to kill the car.

Past concepts look better and final production looks like ish. I would go as far as saying the front bumper, headlight, and tail are ricey. It is what it is.
Yet another judgment day is upon us prediction.
But hey that's your opinion..and that's fine. Though it goes both ways.

"Just because you’re NOT hyped about it doesn’t mean everyone has the same taste."

As no one knows whats going to happen in the future. The only thing I have to say about all this is... We'll see.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:18 PM
jerry_2612

EVERYONE who says that us 'haters' who don't dig the look/style (the term style used loosly) of the 370 and base that on us being angry about our car "looking dated", "being slower" etc etc is just as valid as us saying that you're all a bunch of hardcore Z-enthusiasts who can't handle the next gen of your beloved car ever having a negative label or stigma about it.

I love everything else about the 370... the interior, engine, size and from the recent review the handling seems to be great...but not the looks, I'm fine with the front, but the rear imo is so bad it would be enough to stop me buying one and that's just my personal opinion.

All in all, you simply cannot accuse everyone who doesn't like the 370 as simply hating it through jealousy or envy.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:37 PM
nick123

To be it look slike a hyundai....The roof line is nice the interior is nice , beautiful wheel and gauges....I like the stubby rear,

dislikes, headlights, taillights, front bumper..Colours..Ummm...Thats all...OOh and i hate the curve where the door curves up to the rear quarter windows...YUCK......The roofline is nice but it suites the skyline more
Old 11-26-2008, 08:14 PM
avandss

Originally Posted by jerry_2612
EVERYONE who says that us 'haters' who don't dig the look/style (the term style used loosly) of the 370 and base that on us being angry about our car "looking dated", "being slower" etc etc is just as valid as us saying that you're all a bunch of hardcore Z-enthusiasts who can't handle the next gen of your beloved car ever having a negative label or stigma about it.

I love everything else about the 370... the interior, engine, size and from the recent review the handling seems to be great...but not the looks, I'm fine with the front, but the rear imo is so bad it would be enough to stop me buying one and that's just my personal opinion.

All in all, you simply cannot accuse everyone who doesn't like the 370 as simply hating it through jealousy or envy.
+1, its not a hating thing, maybe when i get to see it in person i will change my mind but im trying so hard to like the new z, but for some reason its just doing it for me "yet", again i remember the first time i saw the x5 i almost puked! now im in love with it!!!