Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6
View Poll Results: What's your age, and which exterior do you like better?
I'm 16-25 and i prefer the 370Z looks
22.26%
I'm 16-25 and i prefer the 350Z looks
27.74%
I'm 26 + and i prefer the 370Z looks
32.01%
I'm 26 + and i prefer the 350Z looks
17.99%
Voters: 328. You may not vote on this poll

Age's of those that like/want a 370Z

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 06:53 PM
J_Dizzle
southcentral>me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very well put
Old 02-02-2009, 09:02 PM
medic165

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by halfass872
I, like alot here, have a theory that the 370Z was built to visually appeal more to the younger crowds. So i figured i'd make a poll to see how it ranks among users here!

You don't have to own or gonna own either. Just a poll to see which you prefer from an exterior looks standpoint.

Lets try to keep this from becoming a "why the 350 is better/worse then the 370" thread. LOL
your age groups= FAIL
Old 02-03-2009, 06:43 AM
Zero350z

i am 18 and i like both, each car has its own style. The 350z is more fluid where the 370z is more on the aggressive side
Old 02-03-2009, 06:46 AM
halcyon901

Originally Posted by halfass872
+1

You'll love the interior, make sure you at least sit in it!!

IMO doesn't make up for the exterior though.
wow, went to see the 370z last night at my local dealership....like you said, the interior is leaps and bounds better than the 350z. i especially liked the suede/leather (or fake leatherette) stitched interior.

the model i saw was the touring, 6 speed, no Navi. everything felt smoother and softer to the touch, the trunk seemed more user friendly, and the seats were pretty snug. the only negative i can think of was the LED readout on the left pod of the steering wheel (looked out of place to me) and the black rubber/leather shift **** (seemed really cheesy when compared with the other parts of the car). other than that, very impressed with the interior

as for the exterior, it did look nice. unlike others, i think the headlights and tailights are fine, and im sure they'll grow on me. however, i didnt get the "wow" factor that i got when i first saw the 350z back in 2002. maybe cause the Z had been discontinued for 6 years back then.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:51 PM
halfass872

Originally Posted by halcyon901
wow, went to see the 370z last night at my local dealership....like you said, the interior is leaps and bounds better than the 350z. i especially liked the suede/leather (or fake leatherette) stitched interior.

the model i saw was the touring, 6 speed, no Navi. everything felt smoother and softer to the touch, the trunk seemed more user friendly, and the seats were pretty snug. the only negative i can think of was the LED readout on the left pod of the steering wheel (looked out of place to me) and the black rubber/leather shift **** (seemed really cheesy when compared with the other parts of the car). other than that, very impressed with the interior

as for the exterior, it did look nice. unlike others, i think the headlights and tailights are fine, and im sure they'll grow on me. however, i didnt get the "wow" factor that i got when i first saw the 350z back in 2002. maybe cause the Z had been discontinued for 6 years back then.

That's the EXACT same response i had!!! Esp the part about the LED readout, and the "WOW factor".

I'm curious to see how all that leather (pleather?) on the dash holds up over the years. It feels really thin and soft, and prone to rips and scuffs.

I drove the exact same model you sat in too!
Old 02-04-2009, 03:46 PM
zolaman8

im 20...
350z is my 2nd car..
totaled my first one 2weeks after i got my license

love the looks of 370z...maybe because im tired of seeing my 350z for so long.

370z will def. be my next car...
Old 02-04-2009, 04:08 PM
JJ350

Originally Posted by supergoji
the Z32 is the gal everyone loved and still loves and nobody wanted to change a thing
she'll still rock your world.

the Z33 is the ***** everyone had a turn with and her prices are going up but at leat she still looks somewhat attractive, she'll still take you for a spin or two...or three..

the Z34 is currently the girl next door:

you really can't lose. i'd take the Z32 haha
You couldn't be any more wrong. The Z32 being the pinnacle of classic Z good looks? Are you effing kidding me, heck even a Toyota celica of the same year looks better then the 300ZX. Any true Z enthusiast sees the Z32 as the absolute worse Z ever made, hands down. The looks weren't that good, it was way too heavy, not sporty enough, ect. It's just a perfect example of how Nissan took an amazing car (the 240Z) and slowly ruined it till they wound up with the abomination otherwise known as the 300ZX. Definitely the black sheep in the Z family.

The 350Z however, is the car that turned Nissan around. It is quite literally was the Z that won over the 240Z enthusiast's once again. If anything it should be remembered as the best Z since the 240. A clean two seater sports coupe design at it's best. I think once the 370Z has spent it's time in the spotlight people will come back and appreciate the 350 a lot more.

Now the 370Z is definitely the girl next door, so at least you got that right.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:22 PM
halfass872

Originally Posted by JJ350
You couldn't be any more wrong. The Z32 being the pinnacle of classic Z good looks? Are you effing kidding me, heck even a Toyota celica of the same year looks better then the 300ZX. Any true Z enthusiast sees the Z32 as the absolute worse Z ever made, hands down. The looks weren't that good, it was way too heavy, not sporty enough, ect. It's just a perfect example of how Nissan took an amazing car (the 240Z) and slowly ruined it till they wound up with the abomination otherwise known as the 300ZX. Definitely the black sheep in the Z family.

+1

I've always tried to get myself to like the 300Z, but i still can't.

Even as a kid, when it first came out i couldn't get myself to like it. I don't care how powerfull the TT version is.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:52 PM
35oZephyR

Originally Posted by JJ350

The 350Z however, is the car that turned Nissan around. It is quite literally was the Z that won over the 240Z enthusiast's once again. If anything it should be remembered as the best Z since the 240. A clean two seater sports coupe design at it's best. I think once the 370Z has spent it's time in the spotlight people will come back and appreciate the 350 a lot more.

Now the 370Z is definitely the girl next door, so at least you got that right.
+2 We had a couple Z32's in our family when I was growing up.

I loved them, but never considered them Z's in the sense of the original 240. Nice car, nice design but they were something else.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:00 PM
Gary C

Default Arrived today....!

My Modified Mag arrived today, it has several articles on 370Z mods....very
informative! CHECK IT OUT!
Gary
Old 02-06-2009, 03:20 PM
SergEK

I am 28 and have these observations to make

In 1999 I wanted an M Coupe very very badly but with the sticker price being so high I had to wait until the used examples were near half of the 45-50K sticker

A few years pass and the M Coupe gets a new engine and an even higher price tag...I wait for those to come down in price

the Z33 is launched and stickers for 26K with more power than the M coupe of 99-00

My buddy buys one and I get a good glimpse into its abilities...low and behold unless you FI it it just wont make much more power than stock circa 03...being that my current car is faster than that I just hold off and enjoy the low insurance rates

06 model Z arrives with a cure for many of the older Zs lows...nicer interior, stronger engine with higer redline, better track package...it just keeps calling me and I cave in...

In the years I have owned my Z I have a few regrets...its size/weight being the first issue and the heads being so primitive in terms of cam choices and power potential....

The new Z is smaller in length and in wheelbase....which means it feels smaller and more responsive when driving and doesnt present such a massive overall shape for a 6cyl 2 seater...when you see the cars in person youll understand

The new Z has arrived and if you look at its specs in size and power its basically an M Coupe for half the money....still wish it was a 3.8L or TT available but oh well

I like the new Z because while the headlights/tailights are wacky the overall dimensions of the car are what I have wanted for a long time....a stubby front engined RWD car with a phat butt to stuff tons of rubber into with an engine capable of big power numbers

The 350z is the bentley of the Z world to me...its heavy, big and extremely stable at highspeeds....but for a small displacement 6cyl it should be much smaller and lighter...people look at the 350 and ask where the back seat is its so big...

While the new federal crash standards dashed our hopes of a 3000lb Z at least we have one thats still lighter than the outgoing model with much better dimensions when it comes to racing

The new Z looks more agressive because it is more agressive...its leaner looking and more like the sexy slim 240z...

I still love my 06 and with deep dish polished lip wheels I think we all of know its a sexy looking auto but those of us who have seen an 09 in person can attest to how much smaller it looks

The down side is you can pick up an M coupe lease for $500mo right now....they are desperately trying to sell them...but the new Z shows more potential in my eyes...plus cheaper shop bills lol

I just hope resale doesnt tank on the Z33s before I can move onto the Z34 lol

Pictures are one thing....when you see them side by side youll understand why (lights and fangs aside) the new Z is sexier....maybe its my love for long hoods and short rears ends but the 240z is a classic for reason

Here is a link to the stats on the M coupe and Cayman --- compare those to the new Z and you can see where Nissan was going
http://www.roadandtrack.com/assets/d...data_panel.pdf

Last edited by SergEK; 02-06-2009 at 03:29 PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:22 PM
BGuess

I'm 22 and the proud owner of both a Z33 and Z34..
Old 02-06-2009, 03:29 PM
Fletch69z

I like the 350z because I have one. I also like that it was the brain child of guys that wanted to bring the Z back. I do really like the new 370 though and if I wouldn't rather spend the money making my 350z faster I'd get one.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:17 PM
SergEK

Originally Posted by Fletch69z
I like the 350z because I have one. I also like that it was the brain child of guys that wanted to bring the Z back. I do really like the new 370 though and if I wouldn't rather spend the money making my 350z faster I'd get one.
I think while the $$$ factor is there for a high mileage 03 with a VK swap and BBK and sus pieces the 09 respresents a serious bargain for those of us in Cali who have cops constantly breathing down our necks for mods

When you factor in that you can have a bolt-on Z making 320-350whp NA with 14" brakes, 19" wheels and damn near 1G handling stock...kinda makes you think twice about spending CASH or a credit cards on mods that you cant get resale for....

This new Z will be a nice 12 sec daily that you can have fun with and then either trade in or sell without much fuss....trying finding a buyer for a TT Z33 who has the funds to pay cash...not impossible but a slight hassle as compared to a near stock Z

In Cali....I'll take some bolt-ons/cams and maybe a 110shot with OSIRIS and call it a day...if I was in another state....probably keep the Z33 and do a built VK stroker ....Cali smog ***** strike again
Old 02-06-2009, 09:54 PM
Brandon26pdx

I like both but would still give the overall exterior peference to the 07/08 350Z with the cleaner lighting design, powerdome hood, and longer GT'ish style body. They had an 08 Nismo next to an 09 370Z at the auto show I went to yesterday, and the Nismo 350Z was definitely the one I wanted to take off in.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:17 AM
singh

Nissan has targeted the 370z to 27-30 year olds.

It is true because when their marketing brochure was leaked on this site last week (before it was taken down b/c of Nissan's complaint), it clearly said the target for the new Z was 27-30 year olds..
Old 02-07-2009, 09:25 AM
halfass872

Originally Posted by gsingh350Z
Nissan has targeted the 370z to 27-30 year olds.

It is true because when their marketing brochure was leaked on this site last week (before it was taken down b/c of Nissan's complaint), it clearly said the target for the new Z was 27-30 year olds..
You wouldnt know it by looking at it!!
Old 02-07-2009, 12:12 PM
singh

^^

I was one of the first people to view that thread and I read the whole brochure before it was taken down upon Nissan's request..

did you know the the top 3 competitors of the 370z are the 1) RX8 2) S2000 3)Corvette ??

I don't think so because you didn't get to read their private marketing data. I'm not criticizing your thread or anything, it's just that in the first post I believe you said this was aimed for youngsters and that is not the case at all..
Old 02-07-2009, 12:28 PM
concepz

Default 07 350Z Touring

I'm 45 and will always love Z's regardless of badge####
Old 02-07-2009, 03:19 PM
par4bmw

Loved the 240/260. Liked the 280. Lost me on the 300. Liked the 350. Love the 370.

I'm 44 so not sure how young feel about it. Like has already been posts, target is late 20's early 30's. Z4 is also another strong competitor.

Quick Reply: Age's of those that like/want a 370Z