Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

Finally Shez HERE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 01:42 PM
gabez33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Scipher21
no... its just not a very big improvement. its small improvements in every aspect. besides weight. its about the same weight.

interior is not leaps and bounds better. its the same design with a different center console. whats so much better? dont say push start either... you get that on a freaking sentra. why it was never on the HR 350z, blows my mind.

it has 27 more horsepower than the VQ35HR. thats not leaps and bounds better either.

and the fact that I have a 350z has nothing to do with it. because I already have a sweet car.
sounds like bitter justification with the wanna be "resonable" approach to me
Old 04-02-2009, 02:04 PM
ish06FairladyZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice color and even nicer house!!!
Old 04-02-2009, 02:22 PM
Z053

Originally Posted by 370z Salesman
Every single part of the car is improved. The interior looks like an Infiniti. Every surface is soft touch material. The bluetooth and the new Nav are huge jumps in technology. The car fits so nice. The shorter wheelbase and the wider track makes a huge difference. The horsepower bump and the rev matching make you feel like a superstar. The best part for me is that I get to drive a different Z everyday. Today I drove a 370 touring sport 6 spd in silver. Tomorrow it's gonna be a red touring 6 spd without sport. Enjoy your car.
Please do tell about the difference [driving aspect-wise] between the sport touring and non-sport touring once you've driven both.

I know the main difference is bigger/wider wheels, LSD, BBK and the synchro rev match but do they really make that much difference on everyday driving such as the freeways and streets?

I'm just indecisive whether to go for the Base + Sport 6MT or just the Touring 6MT (w/o Sport) because of the added amenities as well as Persimmon seats.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:33 PM
brady

Congratulations, excellent colour choice, and the shape is really starting to grow on me already, even though I've yet to see one in person.

Again, congratZ!
Old 04-02-2009, 03:19 PM
Chief2884

Looks awesome
Old 04-02-2009, 03:27 PM
jadaniya
Banned

Originally Posted by CaliTouring
lol dont get all hissy its okay
lol, in a hissy? by asking him to elaborate? wow, some people are so sensitive now days.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:33 PM
jadaniya
Banned

Originally Posted by gabez33
well aside from, handeling, power, interior, displacment, technology, synchrorev, zero lift aerodynamics ,brakes, rim size, tires, mod response, push button start, VVEL, lighter carbon-fiber driveshaft,stiffer chasis,MP3 player and some other stuff I dont know....
Thanks, I was actually hoping for testimony from an actual 370z owner. As we all know, what things are on paper and what they are in person is different. But you can put together a nice list, congratulations.

I guueeeeeessss you could still argue looks are subjective. But frankly that arguement is getting tired. This cars is hot! Inside and out, VAST improvement over the 350z
I guueeeesss you can really argue anything you want.

Are you a 370z owner? Just curious, b/c if you are then your input will be of more value.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:38 PM
jadaniya
Banned

Originally Posted by mrrrkva
Ok, I got the plates because I transferred them off the 328i I traded the Z for. As far as improvements. I had a 350z in 04 and 05. I LOVED THIS car, and didnt know how it could get any better. But the HANDLING on this car is UNBELIEVABLE, maybe it personal preference but this thing grips unbelievably!!!. The seats are a huge improvement if you prefer a better racing seat. The bolsters really hold you in. The interior is more pleasing to the eye. DONT Get me wrong, the 350z is an AWESOME car. I will say that this car brings up more memories of the 240 and the 280zx turbo I had. I cant explain it. MUCH FASTER than the 280zx turbo but the delivery is reminiscent. As far as the white weather stripping, it came from the dealer like that, I didnt pay for it. I havent decided weather I am going to take it off or not. I dont mind it on the door as much as I do the wheel wells, what do you guys think?? Oh, yeah, I havent listened to the radio until today, but that is improved too. The door armrest are much nicer to the touch. I dont remember the rear visibility being this bad in the 350z, but I guess that is why they put the HUGE mirrors on her.
Thanks Just the type of elaboration I was asking for. Sounds like a great car. I really like the white too, as others have pointed out. Some of the kits out there look AMAZING for this car. As someone else pointed out about the aesthetics of the car, I'm sure a lot of the "arguements" he claims are going on will be silenced when some of these kits are looked at.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:44 PM
gabez33

Originally Posted by jadaniya
Thanks, I was actually hoping for testimony from an actual 370z owner. As we all know, what things are on paper and what they are in person is different. But you can put together a nice list, congratulations.

Are you a 370z owner? Just curious, b/c if you are then your input will be of more value.
well go check 1 out then!!!!! whats the diff of seeing it on paper or in text form in front of a PC. and about being an owner, well that might just change tomorrow
Old 04-02-2009, 04:16 PM
jadaniya
Banned

well go check 1 out then!!!!! whats the diff of seeing it on paper or in text form in front of a PC. and about being an owner, well that might just change tomorrow
Because in text written by an actual owner it means a lot more than the numbers and features in a list... Experience vs. the bland and factual, as we all know that driving is an experience and cannot be summed up by a simple list or the simple statement that it is "alot better." I'd think this wouldn't need explanation...

If you do get one, then good luck!
Old 04-02-2009, 04:42 PM
melloyello370

First of all... congratulations to you.

Seems like the same tired song and dance in this forum from all the haters. It's getting old. If you don't like the 370 then stay on your side of the fence here... it's really pretty simple.

the 370 dot com -- where maturity (usually) rules the day.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:12 PM
mrrrkva

Ok, if it ever stops raining I am taking back to dealer for there "special coating" Dont worry, I didnt pay for it, he threw it in to make a sweeter deal.
THe reason I ask, is I am thinking the "white weather stripping" needs to come off? What do you all think? The ones on the doors look better than the ones on the wheels wells
Old 04-02-2009, 05:13 PM
mrrrkva

OH, yeah, where you guys getting your intakes? Like the 350z, is this the best for your $$ to make more power?
Old 04-02-2009, 05:38 PM
gabez33

Because in text written by an actual owner it means a lot more than the numbers and features in a list... Experience vs. the bland and factual, as we all know that driving is an experience and cannot be summed up by a simple list or the simple statement that it is "alot better." I'd think this wouldn't need explanation...

If you do get one, then good luck!
am just saying, get out there and drive one. thats what REALLY sold me on it. And seeing the interior in person was waaaay dif than in the pics. I knew it was an upgrade, but its really nice. 370z=huge improvement over the 350
Old 04-02-2009, 06:02 PM
Diesel350

Wow 19 inch rims look tiny on this Z. I just can't get over that butt plug in the back. Other than that sweet ride.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:54 PM
mrrrkva

If you commented about the butt plug yesterday, I would of told you it was for my Trailer hitch!! LOL

You can say anything you want about the new Z, and you can argue speed all you want, but bottom line, this car HANDLES like a different car!!! It almost gives you TOO much confidence. Coming off interstate ramps at 75 requires no braking on a 4 leaf clover ramp, and I havent heard the tires even chirp. By the seat of my pants this car feels faster than my old Z and if the CLock says one is faster than the other, the 370z is MUCH smoother and HIGHER RPMS>

Hey, why didnt I hear all these complaints when I moved from a 300z TT to a 350z??? My 300TT was actually faster straight line (with mods) than the 350 I got.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:31 PM
370z Salesman

Originally Posted by Z053
Please do tell about the difference [driving aspect-wise] between the sport touring and non-sport touring once you've driven both.

I know the main difference is bigger/wider wheels, LSD, BBK and the synchro rev match but do they really make that much difference on everyday driving such as the freeways and streets?

I'm just indecisive whether to go for the Base + Sport 6MT or just the Touring 6MT (w/o Sport) because of the added amenities as well as Persimmon seats.

There is not a huge difference between a Sport and a non-Sport during normal driving. When you start to push it a little and drive a curvy road, the Sport feels much more planted. The normal brakes are good. The Sport brakes feel strong and smooth. The Syncrorev is a really nice feature but I only use it for sporty driving. During around town driving, when you pull to a stop light and shift down to 2nd and then 1st, it will keep the rev's around 1500-2000 rpm and it causes some vibration in the clutch pedal untill you pull to a stop. I would buy a base sport 6 spd over a touring non-sport 6spd because the 19's and the spoiler make it look so awesome. I drive both Sports and non-Sports all the time, but I normally head to the the Sport Touring 6 spd's with Nav as much as I can. It does not matter which Z you choose because they are all amazing cars.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:50 PM
mrrrkva

If you have to choose between Base and SPORTS package or Touring and NO sports, PLEASE by the base with the SPORTS! If yu have to cut on something cut on blue tooth and nav over Brakes, wheels and aerodymaics and looks. Not to mention LSD and and syncro match.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:33 PM
lww

Agreed. The only reason I can fathom anyone would buy one without the sports package is if it's for your wife or girl friend who'll never push the car anywhere close to it's limits. Aside from the fact that the car looks MUCH better with the Sports Package ground effects and rear wing, the LSD, Synchro Rev Match, 14" front brakes w/13.8" rear brakes and 19" wheels make it a necessity in my opinion.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:17 AM
Forrest80

as a 370z owner every thing he is saying is true, i dont think he even needed to be a owner to tell these things.

Quick Reply: Finally Shez HERE!!!