Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

Finally Shez HERE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 12:23 AM
jadaniya
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Forrest80
as a 370z owner every thing he is saying is true, i dont think he even needed to be a owner to tell these things.
you just dot get it do you? Do u even read before you post? Or is it that u just dont comprehend inbetween the reading and the posting?
Old 04-03-2009, 12:32 AM
jadaniya
Banned

Sorry for thread jacking OP. I got a little carried away responding to the weird/stupid/assuming-too-much posts that came up, all bc I asked you to elaborate on your 370z experience.

Nice car, hope you enjoy it!
Old 04-03-2009, 07:13 AM
gabez33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jadaniya
Sorry for thread jacking OP. I got a little carried away responding to the weird/stupid/assuming-too-much posts that came up, all bc I asked you to elaborate on your 370z experience.

Nice car, hope you enjoy it!
ohh god please.....
Old 04-03-2009, 11:12 AM
Forrest80

you just dot get it do you? Do u even read before you post? Or is it that u just dont comprehend inbetween the reading and the posting?
according to the tests at college my reading comprehension is very high but my math low so i am going to say i dont have that issue. No idea why you needed to insult it but thats your short comings.

You felt since he was not a owner even his nice list of improvements where obvious facts that any body could have said and you also felt that if a owner actualy was saying these things it would have more weight behind them due to they were based on somebody who sat in the car and not reading a magazine.

The reason why i posted is becuase gabez33 said it better than i could have, i felt he nailed everything on the head. So since you wanted a 370z owner to chime in, i did and i straight out told you gabez33 is right. I also pointed out anybody could have figured these things out and you didnt really need to be a owner to do it.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:33 AM
Brandon26pdx

Originally Posted by Scipher21
Pretty good looking, but no...

not a very big improvement.

unfortunately you are just saying that because you bought one.
In some respects, absolutely. I was up close to one yesterday and wish the interior on my 08 looked as sick as the alcantara door-paneled 370Z. The interior on the new car really is neat.

I wish someone would comment further on how the 370Z transmission shifts compared to the 350Z. I personally find the transmission shift quality to be one of the car's worst falling downs. If Nissan didn't bother fixing that then I'm afraid it's back to BMW or onto Porsche next time around
Old 04-03-2009, 01:19 PM
jadaniya
Banned

Originally Posted by Forrest80
according to the tests at college my reading comprehension is very high but my math low so i am going to say i dont have that issue. No idea why you needed to insult it but thats your short comings.

You felt since he was not a owner even his nice list of improvements where obvious facts that any body could have said and you also felt that if a owner actualy was saying these things it would have more weight behind them due to they were based on somebody who sat in the car and not reading a magazine.

The reason why i posted is becuase gabez33 said it better than i could have, i felt he nailed everything on the head. So since you wanted a 370z owner to chime in, i did and i straight out told you gabez33 is right. I also pointed out anybody could have figured these things out and you didnt really need to be a owner to do it.
Coming from a 370 owner (you), confirming the list that gabe posted still says nothing about the effectiveness of the features listed; it only confirms that the list isn't totally fabricated.

If you STILL don't understand the type of elaboration I was alluding to in my first post then let me clarify further, to give your high ability to comprehend a little help... Do you compare the quality of a car based solely on a list? Don't you test drive cars before you buy them? So why do you do this? - you already know the list of features... Because driving the car tells you things that the list doesn't. So when I ask the OP to elaborate on the quality of his new car it would seem obvious that I'm not asking about a list of features that anyone and everyone knows about. And the OP responded with a good post. A post that means a hell of a lot more than a thorough list.

Gabe seems to have understood what I was talking about when he told me to test drive one. I think he only continues to feel the need to respond to my posts bc I pointed out how obvious it was that his list is almost meaningless. Test driving would really be the best way to get a feel for this car. However, as I have absoutely no intention to buy his car nor do I want to waste my time or the time of a salesman I asked the OP.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:33 PM
Brandon26pdx

Can you elaborate on this?
If he'd owned a 350Z maybe he could, but he never mentioned owning one so I'm going to have to assume he didn't?
Old 04-03-2009, 03:58 PM
Forrest80

Coming from a 370 owner (you), confirming the list that gabe posted still says nothing about the effectiveness of the features listed; it only confirms that the list isn't totally fabricated.

If you STILL don't understand the type of elaboration I was alluding to in my first post then let me clarify further, to give your high ability to comprehend a little help... Do you compare the quality of a car based solely on a list? Don't you test drive cars before you buy them? So why do you do this? - you already know the list of features... Because driving the car tells you things that the list doesn't. So when I ask the OP to elaborate on the quality of his new car it would seem obvious that I'm not asking about a list of features that anyone and everyone knows about. And the OP responded with a good post. A post that means a hell of a lot more than a thorough list.

Gabe seems to have understood what I was talking about when he told me to test drive one. I think he only continues to feel the need to respond to my posts bc I pointed out how obvious it was that his list is almost meaningless. Test driving would really be the best way to get a feel for this car. However, as I have absoutely no intention to buy his car nor do I want to waste my time or the time of a salesman I asked the OP.
i actualy thought gabe summed it up quite well.

i agree with gabe once you sit in it, all the things gabe mentioned will actualy "come to life" then you will understand why his little list didnt need to be as elaborate as you think it needs to be. It will all fit together.

anyways i will try not to post any more due to i dont want to hijack OP thread or argue to much in it.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:35 PM
370z Salesman

Brandon,
You might want to drive a 370 with the syncrorev 6 spd. It make down shifting much smoother during sporty driving.
Old 04-04-2009, 04:54 PM
jadaniya
Banned

Originally Posted by Brandon26pdx
If he'd owned a 350Z maybe he could, but he never mentioned owning one so I'm going to have to assume he didn't?
Originally Posted by mrrrkva
Ok, I got the plates because I transferred them off the 328i I traded the Z for. As far as improvements. I had a 350z in 04 and 05. I LOVED THIS car, and didnt know how it could get any better.
Hoocked on Fonecks werked four yooo!
Old 04-04-2009, 05:31 PM
Armando

Nice man. The same color I would get!
Old 04-04-2009, 07:48 PM
mrrrkva

To answer your questions, I did have an 04 enthusiast. And from personal experience the interior, exterior, brakes handling, there is no question in my mind, are huge improvements. I would say acceleration, but it has been 2 years since I have owned it. I will let 0-60 times speak for that. Most magazines are putting the 370z at .99G which is HUGE improvement, and most magazines agree that interior is better. The stopping distances are improved as well. I dont see how they couldnt with 14 inch brakes up front with 4 piston calibers.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:05 AM
Brandon26pdx

To answer your questions, I did have an 04 enthusiast. And from personal experience the interior, exterior, brakes handling, there is no question in my mind, are huge improvements. I would say acceleration, but it has been 2 years since I have owned it. I will let 0-60 times speak for that. Most magazines are putting the 370z at .99G which is HUGE improvement, and most magazines agree that interior is better. The stopping distances are improved as well. I dont see how they couldnt with 14 inch brakes up front with 4 piston calibers.
Comment about the transmission shift quality if you can. Do the transmissions in these new one's have the typical "2nd gear notch" or grinding problems many of the 350Z tranmissions have? Does require a delicate hand to get into gear smoothly when putting around town the way a 350 often does? Compared to the transmission in my old BMW, I find the 350Z to have very tempermental shift action at times. Not one of the car's strong points by any stretch.

How about wheel hop? 350Z hops bad on wet sufaces when you blow past the traction threshold. Is this very noticable in the 370Z? It's just another little quibble I have my car's dynamic performance that I wonder if Nissan addressed.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:16 AM
Nismospeed4life

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cheshirecat79
Nice house, nice ride.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:38 PM
mrrrkva

I havent driven it in the rain, I am fortunate to have another car to drive in the rain. As far as the shifting. NO problem yet in the 370z. But I only have 500 miles, but no notchy shifting. Actually feels MUCH better to me, cause I did in 2nd on the 350z.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:40 PM
mrrrkva

Thanks for the compliments on the house and the car.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:58 PM
mrrrkva

Ok, for the simpler things, the new Z has 4 Cup holders and a Glove dept!! Did anyone notice how much cleaner the rear hatch area is?? Reminds me more of my 240z. And it looks like it has a wide body kit on it if you compare it to the 350z. I will say as a heavier than average man, it is HARDER to get in and out of, but the seats once you get in have much better bolsters.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:28 AM
lww

Originally Posted by Brandon26pdx
Comment about the transmission shift quality if you can. Do the transmissions in these new one's have the typical "2nd gear notch" or grinding problems many of the 350Z tranmissions have? Does require a delicate hand to get into gear smoothly when putting around town the way a 350 often does? Compared to the transmission in my old BMW, I find the 350Z to have very tempermental shift action at times. Not one of the car's strong points by any stretch.

How about wheel hop? 350Z hops bad on wet sufaces when you blow past the traction threshold. Is this very noticable in the 370Z? It's just another little quibble I have my car's dynamic performance that I wonder if Nissan addressed.
I haven't noticed any problems with getting into 2nd gear even when driving it hard and the VDC seems less "intrusive" on the 370Z than it did on the 350Z. It seems to come on more subtly and upsets the feel of the car less.

The best way I can compare it is when I test drove one of the first Toyota Corolla's that came with ABS.

My previous experience with ABS had been in Mercedes and Corvette's that were very smooth with a high pulse frequency, so all you felt through the brake pedal was a slight flutter and the car stopped smoothly.

A friend had just recently purchased his new Corolla with ABS and asked me to drive it and see what I thought. Everything was fine and met my expectations for a mid-90's Corolla until I tested the brakes in an emergency stop. The pulse frequency of the ABS was so slow it was UNBELIEVABLE and it completely upset the stability of the chassis. I literally felt like I was an oarsman in a row boat! "ABS engages brakes, fling body forward, ABS disengages brakes at lockup, fling body back into seat, repeat!"

Now, the 350Z VDC is not that unrefined or violent, but it definitely let's you know it's working. The VDC in the 370Z seemed much more subtle and was harder to detect other than the VDC light flashing on the dash.

YMMV.

Cheers,
LWW
Old 04-06-2009, 08:33 AM
lww

Did anyone notice how much cleaner the rear hatch area is?? Reminds me more of my 240z. And it looks like it has a wide body kit on it if you compare it to the 350z. I will say as a heavier than average man, it is HARDER to get in and out of, but the seats once you get in have much better bolsters.
I agree completely. Reversing the chassis brace to route under the car was what should have been done with the 350Z. It's still not a big hatch, but it is much more functional.

I'm 5'9" and about 180lbs and the seats fit like a glove, but I do have to sit in it sideways and then rotate 90 deg. to get into and out of the seats.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:57 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats on the purchase, I sat in one recently and was impressed with the fit and finish of the interior.

I could see myself purchasing one in 3-4 years.

Also, I'm not surprised to see the mud-slinging after your "Huge Improvement" comment. This is my350z.com not Ilovemesome370..com and the members will act accordingly.

Quick Reply: Finally Shez HERE!!!