Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

370Z Roadster and 370Z Nismo (350hp)

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 11:00 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Ven
ROFL. Solo-350z, you come to post the foolishness that I know you're well and capable of. Again, you've already proved this in other threads where you nuthug the 350z so it's really nothing but a same song different tune.

You and your friend were posting how the Nismo 370z lacks the functionality that the Nismo 350z. When called out on the BS and asking to post data for BOTH, you come with NOTHING except "No, YOU post the data". Are you serious? You guys are the one who made the initial statement, so why in the world should I come with the proof?

All you yourself have said is "Well this car doesn't have a rear diffuser protruding out the back like my car so it obviously doesn't produce as much downforce as my car". You fail to realize that the Nismo 370z has its own diffuser that's INTEGRATED into the car's own design. This was possible because the Nismo came out so close to the base car's release, the designer was able to intergrate it into the car's original design. The designer himself stated that in the article if you read it. Yet all you do is push fuel through your mouth about "Nothing on that Nismo 370z rear except the spoiler is creating any downforce" . So like I said, if you want to be taken seriously and not be dimissed with the rest of the BS, you will post wind tunnel data on BOTH cars showing their comparitve downforce/drag at said speeds.

But go on, continue your HR/Nismo 350z nut hugging. All your "stfu's" and post count will not prove your point any further.
preach on brother!
Old 04-09-2009, 11:07 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

Driving the 370Z takes years off your life...
Old 04-10-2009, 04:08 AM
07rdsterGT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

True story
Old 04-10-2009, 05:54 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ven
ROFL. Solo-350z, you come to post the foolishness that I know you're well and capable of. Again, you've already proved this in other threads where you nuthug the 350z so it's really nothing but a same song different tune.

You and your friend were posting how the Nismo 370z lacks the functionality that the Nismo 350z. When called out on the BS and asking to post data for BOTH, you come with NOTHING except "No, YOU post the data". Are you serious? You guys are the one who made the initial statement, so why in the world should I come with the proof?

All you yourself have said is "Well this car doesn't have a rear diffuser protruding out the back like my car so it obviously doesn't produce as much downforce as my car". You fail to realize that the Nismo 370z has its own diffuser that's INTEGRATED into the car's own design. This was possible because the Nismo came out so close to the base car's release, the designer was able to intergrate it into the car's original design. The designer himself stated that in the article if you read it. Yet all you do is push fuel through your mouth about "Nothing on that Nismo 370z rear except the spoiler is creating any downforce" . So like I said, if you want to be taken seriously and not be dimissed with the rest of the BS, you will post wind tunnel data on BOTH cars showing their comparitve downforce/drag at said speeds.

But go on, continue your HR/Nismo 350z nut hugging. All your "stfu's" and post count will not prove your point any further.
Wow, now resort to name calling. I guess you have no facts when you call BS. Waiting for you to provide the 370z test data.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:15 AM
07rdsterGT

Solo, Ven and Nexx....

You guys never give up

You guys must get paid for this ish
Old 04-10-2009, 06:24 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

^^ Makes the day go by faster.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:31 AM
xNeo

Originally Posted by 07rdsterGT
Solo, Ven and Nexx....

You guys never give up

You guys must get paid for this ish
This isn't the first time I've said this, but DAMN YOU HAVE THE BEST AVATAR!!
Old 04-10-2009, 09:56 AM
StoneZtech

If guys had saw the links I posted up already you would have been link for Air testing done>>

http://www.nismo.co.jp/en/products/c...80RS/aero.html
Old 04-10-2009, 10:10 AM
Lento

Originally Posted by StoneZtech
If guys had saw the links I posted up already you would have been link for Air testing done>>

http://www.nismo.co.jp/en/products/c...80RS/aero.html
^ Those links from your last post were awesome by the way. The 380 is only available in Japan right? and no news about it comming to the states.

I am going to have to agree with Solo in this debate about the Nismo 350Z being more functional aero dynamicly.

Bases upon looking at the Super GT car which I would assume has the best aero design available (or else they would have changed it) I think the Nismo 350Z resembles the Super GT car much more than the Nismo 370Z

Thats all im saying. Now off my my underground bunker.

*wispers* Get em Solo

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Old 04-10-2009, 01:32 PM
Ven

StoneZTech, yes we saw the links. I actually was well aware of the stuff way before you even posted it. The point was that you were trying to make ONLY the Nismo 350z seem functional and not the Nismo 370z.

You gave props for the Nismo 350z for having an extended nose but you didn't mention that the Nismo 370z ALSO has an extended nose.

From the website you linked

Long-nosed front bumper, large rear spoiler, and effective diffusing rear bumper all combine to create minus lift
The Nismo 370z also makes use of a long-nosed front bumper, large rear spoiler and diffusing rear bumper.

Your friend Solo-350z decided to chime in with his so called "facts" yet could not produce one ounce of evidence (in the form of comparative tests)to back his claims of

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
There isn't much for downforce in the rear of the 370z except the spoiler.
Because that rear bumper design does not have downforce in it period.
In Solo's mind (maybe yours too) cars must have big protruding diffusers like so

to be effective. Nevermind the differs found on the cars below, they obviously aren't functional since they don't stick out like the Nismo 350z.

Here is a quote from the official Nissan Press release of the Nismo 370z

Unique NISMO 370Z Exterior and Interior

Along with its standout performance, the new NISMO Z® offers a standout appearance inside and out. The functional and fully integrated aerodynamic body pieces include an extended front nose design with a canard design at each corner for improved downforce and a fully integrated chin spoiler. The NISMO 370Z has an overall length of 174.3 inches.

Special side sills and a unique rear bumper help control airflow under the vehicle, while the functional rear spoiler increases downforce. The NISMO 370Z exterior also includes a wide stance, sculptural fenders, upswept quarter windows, bold "boomerang" shaped headlights and taillights, vertical door handles and aluminum hood, door panels and hatchback. The headlights are a High Intensity Discharge (HID) bi-functional xenon design with an auto on/off feature.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:16 PM
daryl.blas

Does anyone know the curbweight of this vehicle?
Old 04-10-2009, 03:57 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Ven, you are the one we kept asking and asking and asking. You still have yet to provide us any numbers. There is a reason like everyone else agrees why the GT series cars still use a rear bumper similar to the NISMO cars. And the fact remains that we don't know what the 370z numbers are for downforce. From a engineering background that I have, I can tell the 370z rear bumper will not create as much downforce as the 350z rear bumper which was designed after the GT series cars.

Until we get numbers for the 370z we don't know yet. And Ven can't say the 370z is as good as the 350z in downforce. Yes it has one, but who is to say it's as good. And that is what I have been saying all along. But Ven wants to try to say it is just as good with no proof.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:05 PM
03Tour6Spd

Well Solo in all fairness you are the one who stated the 370z has less rear downforce. Then Ven stated it's diffuser is built into the bumper, and you told him to prove it. You were the first to make an assumption. The burden of proof lies upon you my friend .

As for my 2 cents. It is obvious that the diffuser is built into the bumper. We cannot say it is better or worse without numbers to back it up, but we can say if it is worse they would have just gone with a bulky one like the 350. I also love how they have the shape of the front bumper simulating canards. Overall Nismo 370z is gorgeous.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:30 PM
yoda

The nismo 370z is a real nice improvement over the base 370z. Im glad nissan didnt go with a more extreme body kit like the riced up nismo350z.The rear looks terrible on those cars.

Last edited by yoda; 04-10-2009 at 07:34 PM.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:46 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

^^^

OMG you went and call my car rice....

Oh noes you didn't

I am at a lost for words...
Old 04-10-2009, 07:56 PM
yoda

Originally Posted by KingBaby
^^^

OMG you went and call my car rice....

Oh noes you didn't

I am at a lost for words...
Sorry but its way to extreme to me.The spoiler is to big and the rear bumper is just rediculous.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:59 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Ven, you are the one we kept asking and asking and asking. You still have yet to provide us any numbers. There is a reason like everyone else agrees why the GT series cars still use a rear bumper similar to the NISMO cars. And the fact remains that we don't know what the 370z numbers are for downforce. From a engineering background that I have, I can tell the 370z rear bumper will not create as much downforce as the 350z rear bumper which was designed after the GT series cars.

Until we get numbers for the 370z we don't know yet. And Ven can't say the 370z is as good as the 350z in downforce. Yes it has one, but who is to say it's as good. And that is what I have been saying all along. But Ven wants to try to say it is just as good with no proof.
solo.. give it up.. man up and just admit it for once that you are wrong. your excuses defy logic, hence losing any credit you might have had. save some face while you still can.
Old 04-11-2009, 05:50 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Alright, I'm on the verge of deleting this thread and perma-banning several of the continuing whiners and regular combatants from this and other threads.

The thing that amazes me is that you are ALL arguing about a car that nobody has actually seen or driven. There are no official specs released, no independent test performed, nothing concrete to go on. Pure speculation FTL! Perfect example - "the 370Z has less downforce" - neither side can prove or disprove it at this time.

The 370/Nismo forums are getting as bad as the FI forum. There are too many "my Z is better than your Z" style posts here. We're all in the same family here, remember? You guys had better grow up, get a thicker skin and give up on the idea that you have to get the last word in.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:54 AM
Ven

From a engineering background that I have , I can tell the 370z rear bumper will not create as much downforce as the 350z rear bumper .
Sorry but statements like this

Because that rear bumper design does not have downforce in it period.
make that hard to believe. If you had background knowledge on aerodynamics you would've already known that the Nismo 370z had its diffuser built into the bumper like many other sport cars out there. I mean that was even stated in the press release. You would've aslo known that the diffuser was more about controlling airflow & as affect adding some downforce as opposed to adding extreme downforce(the rear wing takes care of the latter).

Anyway I'm done with you in this thread seeing as you have nothing to bring to the table AND cause Dave said so .
Old 04-11-2009, 09:40 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

You mean because Dave said you didn't either. Grow up. You have 62 posts and they are all attacking some member on this site.

Quick Reply: 370Z Roadster and 370Z Nismo (350hp)