Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

2013 370z refresh.... confirmed no horspower bump, but looks good.

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012 | 09:18 PM
ColecatZ

Default 2013 370z refresh.... confirmed no horspower bump, but looks good.

Fangs are gone.... but the lack of a power bump is a fail IMO. Not a fan of adding a reflector either..... reflectors just seem dated and wack-tech.

http://www.autoinsane.com/2012/02/07...aked-for-2013/
Old 02-06-2012 | 09:21 PM
ColecatZ

CHICAGO (Feb. 7, 2012) – If it’s February in Chicago, it’s time for one thing – sports cars. Bringing a taste of hot performance to the Windy City winter, Nissan today debuted the revised 2013 Nissan 370Z on the floor of the 2012 Chicago Auto Show. The new Z, which is scheduled to go on sale at Nissan dealers nationwide next June, features a number of enhancements designed to keep the legendary sports car fresh and exciting. For 2013, the Nissan 370Z will once again be available in Coupe, Roadster and NISMO Z configurations.

The updates for the new model year include:

• Refreshed front fascia with vertical LED daytime running lights

• Red reflector added to rear fascia (replaces previous black center cover)

• Revised 19-inch aluminum-alloy wheels (Sport Package equipped models)

• New 18-inch wheels for 370Z Coupe

• Red-finished brake calipers (Sport Package equipped models)

• Dark-finish fuel gauge trim

• Euro-tuned shock absorbers (Sport Package equipped models)

• And two new exterior colors – Magma Red and Midnight Blue

The NISMO 370Z also adds a new Bose Premium Audio Package with two additional speakers and two subwoofers, premium gun metallic dark-finish 19-inch wheels, and Nissan GT-R style high-rigidity brake hoses and performance brake fluid. The NISMO 370Z does not adopt the new front fascia/rear reflector, Euro-tuned shocks or Midnight Blue exterior color.

“Since the original 1970 Z was first introduced our goal has always been to keep the design moving forward. The changes for 2013, though subtle, go a long way in enhancing its dynamic appearance inside and out,” said Al Castignetti, vice president and general manager, Nissan Division, Nissan North America, Inc.

As in 2012, the 2013 370Z Coupe and 370Z Coupe Touring will each be available with a standard 332-horsepower 3.7-liter DOHC V6 engine and choice of 6-speed manual transmission or a 7-speed automatic transmission. The 2013 370Z Roadster and 370Z Roadster Touring will be offered with the same engine but with the 6-speed manual offered only with the Touring model (the 7-speed automatic transmission is available with both).

The Nissan NISMO 370Z, a tuner-Z® enthusiast’s dream, will once again cap off the lineup –offering racing-inspired exterior and interior styling, a specially tuned suspension and unique super-lightweight forged alloy wheels. Its 3.7-liter DOHC V6 engine is matched with an exclusive H-configured exhaust system design, muffler tuning and optimized ECM (Engine Computer Module) control – creating 350 horsepower and 276 lb-ft of torque. Only one transmission is available, a close-ratio 6-speed manual transmission with standard SynchroRev Match, which allows rev-matched heel-toe-like downshifting.

Additional details on the 2013 Nissan 370Z will be available closer to the June on-sale date.
Old 02-06-2012 | 09:21 PM
Entaille

positive changes for aesthetics imo but they really need a power bump and it concerns me that they don't think so.
Old 02-06-2012 | 09:39 PM
ColecatZ

Originally Posted by Entaille
positive changes for aesthetics imo but they really need a power bump and it concerns me that they don't think so.
Agreed, mustangs and camaros may have never been in the engineers sights when they brought the z back... but the performance at this price point has changed dramatically and where Nissan had no competition in 2003, they are now losing massive footing.... because those cars are getting cross shopped along with Hyundai at the bottom of the range and at the top tier price point, the base vette.

As an owner of 4 z cars... I'm keeping the faith they get with it for the next z. Chevrolet has already stated they are planning to attract younger buyers with the next vette. New CAFE standards most likely means smaller displacement/forced induction. I'm hoping the juke is more of an experiment for Nissan to get back into FI, include the torque vector add, and direct injection, giving us a strong platform to play with.
Old 02-07-2012 | 12:31 AM
silverbullet_Z

Originally Posted by ColecatZ
Agreed, mustangs and camaros may have never been in the engineers sights when they brought the z back... but the performance at this price point has changed dramatically and where Nissan had no competition in 2003, they are now losing massive footing.... because those cars are getting cross shopped along with Hyundai at the bottom of the range and at the top tier price point, the base vette.

As an owner of 4 z cars... I'm keeping the faith they get with it for the next z. Chevrolet has already stated they are planning to attract younger buyers with the next vette. New CAFE standards most likely means smaller displacement/forced induction. I'm hoping the juke is more of an experiment for Nissan to get back into FI, include the torque vector add, and direct injection, giving us a strong platform to play with.

THIS... I'm on board with you in hoping that it is an experiment. Would love the next Z to be FI. Forget the V8 Z....
Old 02-07-2012 | 01:44 AM
cgkp0925

Like the updates. It seems they tried to convert the front bumper back to the 350Z a little bit. The LED reflectors are nice, but would look better within the headlight assemblies. I like the LED reflectors better in that position on the 350Z.

I'm sure they could of squeezed a little more power out of the engine if they wanted to. They are probably saving up resources for the next Z, especially since they teamed up with Mercedes recently for future engine R&D.
Old 02-07-2012 | 05:08 AM
DemitriHKS

The new wheels look sick but other than that it's like they went back to more of a 350Z look. I think it's a bit less aggressive and wtf about the powerplant? I mean even the Genesis is not about to put down 348 which is almost as much as the Nismo Z. The need to go back to Z32 heritage, throw a turbo on the damn car and add a Targa top to it!
Old 02-07-2012 | 05:39 AM
JMS71585

Originally Posted by ColecatZ
The updates for the new model year include:

Refreshed front fascia with vertical LED daytime running lights
I like the front fascia without the fangs, but two thumbs down on the LED running lights. Every other car brand, including KIA, has LED strips on their cars. Nissan could have done without them and maybe started a new trend, instead of being a follower.

And no power boost...
Old 02-07-2012 | 05:41 AM
NZMOWND

If the Z goes FI the 350 will be gone, untill then the Nismo is staying with me because the new design just isnt doing it for me
Old 02-07-2012 | 06:10 AM
JCITY
Banned

Tha fangs gone is an improvement.I surprised the "notched" head/tail lights are still there.Maybe they have got a few thousand already made.Got to use e'm up?
LEDS...tacky!Everybody is using these!Now I see the aftermarket guys busy making
stick on strips to be sold on E-BAY for older 370 owners wanting a update.The back reflector makes sense.Although,a whole new diffuser would have been better(sold on the aftermarket now).Wheels look good.
FI,don't think so.One thing Nissan has done with the Z from the start.Make it affordable.
Alot for the money.To do FI right,the price would have to be jacked up.
All in all,sort of ho hum changes.But,business wise for Nissan,make sense.
Old 02-07-2012 | 06:40 AM
KornerCarver

Originally Posted by JMS71585
I like the front fascia without the fangs, but two thumbs down on the LED running lights. Every other car brand, including KIA, has LED strips on their cars. Nissan could have done without them and maybe started a new trend, instead of being a follower.

And no power boost...
All cars will soon have the LED running lights. They are required for all cars sold in the European Union beginning in 2014. Therefore all manufacturers will have them on their new cars. Nissan isn't following anyone, they are just following the law of the European Union.
Old 02-07-2012 | 06:47 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Remove the notched headlights and it looks a lot like an 03-05 front end.
Old 02-07-2012 | 07:02 AM
SirSpeedyZ

Degrade IMO, wheels are ugly, reflectors are ugly

Nissan fail
Old 02-07-2012 | 07:19 AM
bigcloud

Originally Posted by JCITY
Tha fangs gone is an improvement.I surprised the "notched" head/tail lights are still there.Maybe they have got a few thousand already made.Got to use e'm up?
LEDS...tacky!Everybody is using these!Now I see the aftermarket guys busy making
stick on strips to be sold on E-BAY for older 370 owners wanting a update.The back reflector makes sense.Although,a whole new diffuser would have been better(sold on the aftermarket now).Wheels look good.
FI,don't think so.One thing Nissan has done with the Z from the start.Make it affordable.
Alot for the money.To do FI right,the price would have to be jacked up.
All in all,sort of ho hum changes.But,business wise for Nissan,make sense.

I think they will go FI in the near future. Just look at the GT-R pricing. It's gone up 35% since its arrival in 2009. The gt-r started out at 69k for a base and 72k for a premium. Now the premium is 95k and the black edition is 100k. There is no sports car in nissan's stable that is 50 - 60k. I think a super Z would fit right in there.
Old 02-07-2012 | 07:26 AM
BornSlippyZ

Originally Posted by bigcloud
I think they will go FI in the near future. Just look at the GT-R pricing. It's gone up 35% since its arrival in 2009. The gt-r started out at 69k for a base and 72k for a premium. Now the premium is 95k and the black edition is 100k. There is no sports car in nissan's stable that is 50 - 60k. I think a super Z would fit right in there.
+1!
Old 02-07-2012 | 07:31 AM
bluz370

lol they just reversed the direction the wheels curved. Same wheels they just look liked they flipped the mold so the spokes "move" in a different direction. DUMB. dont really like the front bumper either.
Old 02-07-2012 | 07:31 AM
Kcee91

The new gtr got a bump in power. How come the Z didn't?
Old 02-07-2012 | 07:32 AM
Kcee91

Atleast the Nismo got some mods to it.
Old 02-07-2012 | 07:40 AM
VeeTec

I like the Midnight Blue option....similar to my old San Marino Blue 07 Z. Very nice color, why they wait until near the end of a production run to have such a nice color is beyond me.
Old 02-07-2012 | 07:44 AM
Blu_Blur

It looks a little better but still not as good as the 350Z.

I think the main thing I don't like about the 370's design is the rear. It looks like a dog taking a poop as Jeremy Clarkson said about the Chyrsler Crossfire.

The 350Z's rear, after the rear window, plateu'd out and then went back down and it looked great.

Quick Reply: 2013 370z refresh.... confirmed no horspower bump, but looks good.