Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

Sebring

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 06:35 AM
Firebase99

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Sebring

Im tracking my car at Sebring on Nov 3. Got new pads and an extra set of Yokohama Advans. Im going with a friend who regularly tracks his modified c6 Z06. Anyone ever run there? Tips? Advice? Not looking to "win" just going for some fun.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:28 PM
etkms

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I'll be there this weekend. 9 months in the making my Z will finally be done and tested there. I use to go there almost every month for years now. What is that a Chin Motorsports event?
Old 10-09-2013, 03:53 AM
Firebase99

Originally Posted by etkms
I'll be there this weekend. 9 months in the making my Z will finally be done and tested there. I use to go there almost every month for years now. What is that a Chin Motorsports event?
Chin it is sir!! So looking forward to it. My friend runs his Z06 and runs sub 2:35 times. I have no illusion of even trying to keep up with him. lol.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:25 AM
etkms

Originally Posted by Firebase99
Chin it is sir!! So looking forward to it. My friend runs his Z06 and runs sub 2:35 times. I have no illusion of even trying to keep up with him. lol.
Its a great track you will love it. I do many Chin events. Have you been on track before or is it your first time? if your buddy does it a lot, he will likely be in a different run group then you.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:22 AM
Firebase99

Its a great track you will love it. I do many Chin events. Have you been on track before or is it your first time? if your buddy does it a lot, he will likely be in a different run group then you.
Ran a few times at Willow with my old 350, not yet Sebring. Steve, my friend Im going with, yea hes a different class. Hes actually good. lol.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:40 AM
etkms

Ran a few times at Willow with my old 350, not yet Sebring. Steve, my friend Im going with, yea hes a different class. Hes actually good. lol.
Chin is good, if your new to them, you will be paired with an instructor, if he is good, he will teach you a lot about the track.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:45 AM
Firebase99

Chin is good, if your new to them, you will be paired with an instructor, if he is good, he will teach you a lot about the track.
Yep, Steve, said the instructor is going to have to sign off on me before I run solo. Im really looking forward to it. havent tracked in years. Wife was sick for a long time, finally out of the woods and have a whole lot more money to spend on fun stuff and not medical expenses (thank goodness). Im looking for consistency. Ive been told time and time again, dont think of brakes as tools to slow down but more accurately to transfer energy. All about efficiency.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:11 AM
etkms

Yep, Steve, said the instructor is going to have to sign off on me before I run solo. Im really looking forward to it. havent tracked in years. Wife was sick for a long time, finally out of the woods and have a whole lot more money to spend on fun stuff and not medical expenses (thank goodness). Im looking for consistency. Ive been told time and time again, dont think of brakes as tools to slow down but more accurately to transfer energy. All about efficiency.
Sorry to hear about your wife, hopefully everything is ok now.

I am sure you are fine with new pads and tires. At least for now, the more and more you get into it, you will start to change more. Like I said, i will be at Sebring this Sunday, then at Road Atlanta the even of November. I try to do a event every month. Sebring and Homestead are my 2 local tracks I do often. If you ever see a matte black race prepped Z, come say Hi.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:32 AM
Firebase99

I am sure you are fine with new pads and tires. At least for now, the more and more you get into it, you will start to change more. Like I said, i will be at Sebring this Sunday, then at Road Atlanta the even of November. I try to do a event every month. Sebring and Homestead are my 2 local tracks I do often. If you ever see a matte black race prepped Z, come say Hi.
Thanks for the well wishes. Ill be tracking as often as my budget and time allows. Hopefully i can make Sebring a common occurrence. Should you see a shiny black Z with an idiot flailing like a dodo bird at the wheel, swing by and say hi!!
Old 10-09-2013, 11:34 AM
Firebase99

Oh what times do you run at Sebring? You sound...good. LOL.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:27 PM
etkms

Oh what times do you run at Sebring? You sound...good. LOL.
Well, my Z has never run there yet. I been building it for a long time now, and its ready to test there. I have run many of my other cars I have or have owned there. I ran a 2:18 with my GT3 there.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:42 AM
Firebase99

Well, my Z has never run there yet. I been building it for a long time now, and its ready to test there. I have run many of my other cars I have or have owned there. I ran a 2:18 with my GT3 there.
Holy crap!! 2:18??? Flying!! You haz da skills. GT3.....nom nom nom, delicious!! That Porsche must be so sweet on that track. Im jealous!!