Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

350z car won’t start

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2022, 04:12 PM
Karii

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350z car won’t start

Hello guys so I have a 06 manual 350z was originally a revup but changed out the revup since it blew and put in a de the ecu had a nats delete. So the car was running the other day the whole time it was running good gassed it a couple times and car performed nicely but later on I drop a gear and start to accelerate pretty quick after about 100mph the car starts to sputter and motor just turns off I roll to the side and decide to turn the car back on it turned on first crank connected my obd2 and no code only the code I’ve been getting for a while now which is p1564. Car turns back on runs good I drive about 20 miles and the car starts to sputter badly again and just dies this time won’t turn back on at all.
SERVICES DONE SINCE CAR STOPPED RUNNING
fuel pump
oem crank and cam censors
new MAF censor
charged battery
so after I’ve done all these things car still doesn’t run it’s turned on for about a minute and it’ll sputter and die I’ve checked compression(good) Car even gets spark and fuel but still won’t power on sometimes.
however a new code did pop up which was for maf censor and that’s when I replaced it car decided to run for about 5-10 minutes that time and then died again I do know they’re are to missing connectors
because I was running a revup harness but it was causing a short so I replaced it but when I connected the de harness they’re a little black box on the passenger side from hitachi right next to the ecu connection and that no longer has a cable connected to it and the other connection is right next to the steering column next to the crank censor and the cable has no male connection from the harness.
MODIFICATION LIST
tuned ecu
test pipes
aftermarket intake

Last edited by Karii; 01-26-2022 at 04:15 PM.
Old 01-30-2022, 08:08 AM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,594 Posts

Moved to correct sub.

If the car has been sitting non - running for engine or harness work don't overlook the easy stuff-
Remove the gas and replace it with fresh 93 Octane.
Check/replace spark plugs.
Check air intake and wiring for evidence of rodent infestation. Make sure all air induction tubing is snug. Clean/replace air filter.
Put a vacuum guage on the intake manifold, it should read 20+ while cranking or running.
On very high mileage cars it's possible the cats are so nearly clogged at the top no air can get through. Drop the cats at the top and inspect (with a mirror if necessary).
Gl!