2009+ Nissan GT-R Nissan R35 GT-R Discussion

GTR as next car?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 02:22 PM
MMC Racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tuna_Ransom
You'll find allot of info on NAGTROC

I personally know 2 people that are dealing with trans issues... but I know way more that are not.

14.3 mix city / highway, and staying out of boost allot..
I have found that everyone knows 2 people personally dealing with tranny issues. By some simple math, Nissan has at least 12 billion defective GT-R tranmissions.

The tranny "issue" is a sad joke.. A handful of broken transmissions and some people want to say it is a weak transmission.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:39 PM
Tuna_Ransom

Originally Posted by comebackZ
Thanks, never knew about that site but now I'm going through threads on there, gtrworld and my350z. I don't plan on beatin on the car like a 16 y/o with a 240 after seeing Tokyo Drift but the car will see the track(drag and road) and some spirited driving since the best stretch on road on the East Coast besides The Dragon is about an hour and a half away from me if I take the fun way/back roads and about 30 minutes highway, so as long as the car can stand up to those tasks it's durable enough for me.

With the mileage I was wondering about highway cruising around 70s? I don't get on it on the highway really not too fun IMO and risky. Saw my third GTR on the road last night and the car looks even better on the road, cool owner/wife too, both gave me a thumbs up in the Cobra before I could give them a thumbs up.
Far as not having a good enough attorney, mine defended the DC Sniper, was offered the Vick case/offered some assistance to Vick's case I believe, and was rated by the Washington Post as the top criminal lawyer in Northern Va, so I think he's qualified to handle my traffic cases. BTW in my opinion Suspended DL and fines beats jail but that may be just me...

You Met John, and his wife Ria.. in their DMG (dark Gun metal) GTR.. cool.

Originally Posted by MMC Racing
I have found that everyone knows 2 people personally dealing with tranny issues. By some simple math, Nissan has at least 12 billion defective GT-R transmissions.

The tranny "issue" is a sad joke.. A handful of broken transmissions and some people want to say it is a weak transmission.
Uhh.. wat? I with only a limited amount of units being delivered this year to the north American Market.. I doubt there will be more defective transmissions than delivered ////12 billion defective transmissions?

There are allot more broken trannies' that will NEVER be posted on a board or mentioned on the internet than you realize.

I'm not saying that the trans is a POS... but there is no doubt that there are some engineering compromise's made there. You and several vocal posters on NAGTROC can keep fooling yourselves into thinking that there are only the 2 posted failures..
Old 12-15-2008, 08:47 PM
MMC Racing

Originally Posted by Tuna_Ransom
There are allot more broken trannies' that will NEVER be posted on a board or mentioned on the internet than you realize.

I'm not saying that the trans is a POS... but there is no doubt that there are some engineering compromise's made there. You and several vocal posters on NAGTROC can keep fooling yourselves into thinking that there are only the 2 posted failures..
Post the details of the 2 people you know. What cities are they in and what dealers are they working with. Were the issues covered under warranty or denied?

What people on NAGTROC are tired of is rumors with no facts behind them. You see the guys with 10,20,100 drag racing launches with no issues and it makes you scratch your head over this "weak" tranny.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:32 AM
kihun

Originally Posted by Rocky2
Sounds like you are just an irresponsible driver who should slow down and not be buying a GTR
Foreals....
Old 12-16-2008, 11:39 AM
MrAlien

buy a viper (They are cheap now), with the money you save go to driving school, after you have mastered driving, put a turbo kit on it
Old 12-17-2008, 04:27 AM
huntdogg

Originally Posted by comebackZ
The Z however is out b/c as fun as it is and as much attention as it gets I'm just trying to get a little less noticeable car that I can beat on.
because of this statement, this thread confuses me.