Sht happens. Somebody save this car!
Old 12-23-2008, 05:03 AM
Vq.turbo.DremZ

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

How easy is it to steal a GTR?
Old 12-23-2008, 07:58 AM
OldDirty Z33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not easy. 100% the keys were in the car. I doubt you can hot wire it.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:37 PM
yusoslo

I wonder what ethnicity this person was?
Old 12-24-2008, 04:10 PM
Jergens

Originally Posted by yusoslo
I wonder what ethnicity this person was?

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

What a bunch of **** bites. And a black one too non the less So weak.

BTW why steal a car and get it so freakin grungy? It's like they went out of their way to **** it up as much as possible. Tools.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:15 AM
_Donovan_

Has anyone bought this yet? ImportDPS, have you gotten anywhere with it yet? I would like to but I am sure you will have a better chance of getting it than I would.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:02 PM
zmegoby

It sucks that was stolen and trash. It also sucks that it going to get crush without being parted out.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:25 PM
bamyi

Originally Posted by nissansource
They are not crushing this car! its either someones car now and they are going to repair or its going to get sold off at auction manheim or something
Is this confirmed?
Old 12-28-2008, 07:17 PM
350z227

ROBERT HERE, WELL THEY CAME AND TOOK THE GT-R LAST WEEK, I DIDNT GET PICS BECAUSE I WASNT THERE WHEN THEY TOOK IT BUT BY NOW IM SURE YOU COULD CALL IT A GT-PANCAKE.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:30 AM
Netko350Z

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

God Speed GTR...
Old 01-04-2009, 06:49 PM
importdps
Vendor - Former Vendor

We were ready to give up 30K to take the car as it was..... sucks..
Old 01-04-2009, 07:07 PM
norapat01

Don't understand why they don't sell it off instead of crushing it. I kinda wanna see a pancaked GT-R, though....
Old 01-04-2009, 09:37 PM
usmanasif

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is very simple why they wouldn't sell the car; it is the same reason why a couple of years ago an ENTIRE cargo ship full of brand new, damaged (and some spotless) Mazdas fresh from the factory was crushed (detailed story/pics in an '08 Car and Driver issue). The ship's ballasts were incorrectly purged somewhere along the way, causing it to get lopsided and most of the Mazdas to get thrown about on the storage decks. When the ship was "rescued" and brought to the LA port, nearly all cars had some level of physical damage. Mazda was offered hundreds of thousands of $ to sell the inventory to used car dealerships, movie studios, average Joes, etc. They didn't. They didn't even bother to remove basic parts like lights, airbags, controls, etc. from any car. Each and every car was crushed. You should've seen pics of RX-8s stacked 3-high onto each other in the crusher, before being crushed into piles of steel that was then chopped into tiny bits.

Reason is, Mazda was paid the cars' full value by their insurer. So money was no incentive to them. Besides, selling those cars was out of question because Mazda had no idea of their structural and mechanical integrity or any invisible damage that may have been present.

If this GT-R was really stolen enroute to the dealership, they must have received full payment from the insurer. Nissan could NEVER let them sell it simply because no one could ensure what shape the car was really in. Being out of their control for so many days, any amount of hidden damage could be present. So even if a buyer offered to sign a legal agreement absolving Nissan of all responsibility should the car decide to spontaneously combust in a few months, it would still being plenty of bad publicity, and THAT isn't worth the $30K or whatever a buyer offered the dealer. It was never the dealership's decision. Had they sold the car or its parts, Nissan would have rescinded their license faster than you can say "GT-R".
Old 01-05-2009, 12:05 AM
GHOST1207

^^ Makes sense, but still a bunch of metal, rubber, and plastic going to waste though....

Why don't they sell the car off piece by piece seperatly? Like the engine, seats, brakes, etc......
Old 01-05-2009, 09:34 AM
tentil4z

true^^
Old 01-05-2009, 11:01 AM
usmanasif

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GHOST1207
Why don't they sell the car off piece by piece seperatly? Like the engine, seats, brakes, etc......
Good question, but they would never do it and the same reasons I listed above, apply. The car was stolen and subsequently damaged while still enroute, so the official "handoff" was never completed. So either Nissan or the dealership would be the Owner of Record and therefore, the selling party for these parts. They certainly got their insurance money but even had they not, $70-100K is peanuts for the price they would pay if the individual parts they decide to sell were tampered with; e.g. aluminum could have been exposed to mercury which would cause sudden, catastrophic failure in the future but currently, would be pratically invisible to the naked eye. Don't forget that in such cases, it is never about what is likely to have happened, but what is humanly possible and the list of those possibilities is nearly endless.

It all comes back to the same issue; when a consumer buys a car and turns around and sells to another consumer, the manufacturer is fully absolved of any liability for anything but what was a pre-existing condition with the car. In this case, they (Nissan Corp or local dealership) would be the first party selling the car, yet unlike other new GT-R's, this one wasn't under their control the entire time prior to sale, so the risk was exponentially high for them. That was the primary reason why Mazda destroyed hundreds of similarly brand new cars and even had their corporate reps supervise the destruction to ensure not a single part was salvaged by the wreckers.

Last edited by usmanasif; 01-05-2009 at 03:17 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:23 PM
nissansource

That makes alot more sense...
Old 01-07-2009, 12:09 AM
GHOST1207

Originally Posted by usmanasif
Good question, but they would never do it and the same reasons I listed above, apply. The car was stolen and subsequently damaged while still enroute, so the official "handoff" was never completed. So either Nissan or the dealership would be the Owner of Record and therefore, the selling party for these parts. They certainly got their insurance money but even had they not, $70-100K is peanuts for the price they would pay if the individual parts they decide to sell were tampered with; e.g. aluminum could have been exposed to mercury which would cause sudden, catastrophic failure in the future but currently, would be pratically invisible to the naked eye. Don't forget that in such cases, it is never about what is likely to have happened, but what is humanly possible and the list of those possibilities is nearly endless.

It all comes back to the same issue; when a consumer buys a car and turns around and sells to another consumer, the manufacturer is fully absolved of any liability for anything but what was a pre-existing condition with the car. In this case, they (Nissan Corp or local dealership) would be the first party selling the car, yet unlike other new GT-R's, this one wasn't under their control the entire time prior to sale, so the risk was exponentially high for them. That was the primary reason why Mazda destroyed hundreds of similarly brand new cars and even had their corporate reps supervise the destruction to ensure not a single part was salvaged by the wreckers.
Oh ok, I understand now, basically it's just insurance for Nissan, so nothing would come back to bite them if anything happens to whomever bought the car/parts. Thanks for the explanation.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:47 PM
Exta_Z

First of all, if I was those morons, I would have stolen the car and put a lead blanket over it to block gps tracking and stored it somewhere safe!....then after a year, I would slowly take the car apart, and using a manufacturers ID source, find all VIN's associated on all parts, remove and replace them with a salvage titled GTR. Presto! Your very own GTR!

Btw, ive never done this before, nor will i ever attempt to! Im "guessing" this would work!

Quick Reply: Robert here, gt-r going to be crushed.