Notices
2009+ Nissan GT-R Nissan R35 GT-R Discussion

LFA v. 2012 GTR: Drag Race

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 03:40 AM
MUZZY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Flo-ridaZ33
You do realize the Veyron a W12, AWD, 1001hp/923tq 2million dollar car... is only .2's faster in the 1/4 mile? The GTR is also almost .5's faster than an Enzo in a 0-60 sprint at 2.9 to 3.4 and the car cost about $700,000.00, so whats your point? That Nissan is faster than most production cars... in the whole world. The LF-A is old technology that was on and off for about 10yrs and its the first of its kind, most people don't understand that it was made for the car enthusiast that can afford it and not to break land speed records. Motor Trend or C&D voted the LF-A over a Ferrari 599... a Lexus over a Ferrari, wow.
YEA but $5 none of them have an LFA but have a ferrari
Old 04-17-2011, 04:21 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by MUZZY
YEA but $5 none of them have an LFA but have a ferrari
Lol I can't argue with you there... then again the LFA is very very limited. One car people should be looking for is the GS-F if it finally arrives, all I have to say is this... V10 and 7peed Dual Clutch auto.
Old 04-17-2011, 08:11 AM
NissanGuy23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everyone keeps arguring speed and performance for money. News flash - theres more to a sports car than speed and performance. All you suckers can buy your ZR1 man hammers and P800's and 50 lb boosted whatevers, ill spend my $100,000 on a Aston Martin Vantage

And whats with all this endless "whos faster in a straight line" arguing? Its like nothing else in the industry is recognized. Well, at least not on forums.

And speaking of the LFA - its easy to bash one on a forum, but i was lucky enough to see one at a car show a few months ago. I flat out pissed my pants when it fired it up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9WBHsXKe-c

Last edited by NissanGuy23; 04-17-2011 at 08:16 AM.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:14 AM
show2nite
Banned

Originally Posted by NissanGuy23
Everyone keeps arguring speed and performance for money. News flash - theres more to a sports car than speed and performance. All you suckers can buy your ZR1 man hammers and P800's and 50 lb boosted whatevers, ill spend my $100,000 on a Aston Martin Vantage

And whats with all this endless "whos faster in a straight line" arguing? Its like nothing else in the industry is recognized. Well, at least not on forums.

And speaking of the LFA - its easy to bash one on a forum, but i was lucky enough to see one at a car show a few months ago. I flat out pissed my pants when it fired it up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9WBHsXKe-c
Thanks for sharing your personal feeling but you are on a forum that pre-predominately deals with performance and speed buddy. As for you Aston Martin Vantage it would get destroyed by a stock GTR. Continue to **** while I continue to push the pedal to the metal. Fast N Furious
Old 04-17-2011, 11:17 AM
NissanGuy23

I know a GTR would beat a Vantage. Thats what i said in my post. Ill take the vantage for the look and quality and sound. A real driving experience, not just straight line HP and "lets see how fast i can make my car go from here to here".
Old 04-18-2011, 12:32 AM
zpak

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I won't get into that argument, i.e. what's recognized on a forum v. "real world" driving or whatever because, you're right, some people care only about "who's faster in a straight line".

But I think the whole Porsche v. Nissan head-to-head battles have distilled another rubric for comparison (and a lot of other car manufacturers have followed suit), and so for one reason or another, many choose the Nurburgring/Nordschleife as a "standard of comparison" because it involves a combination of driving elements that require many strengths to be carried in one vehicle for a "good" lap time.

And although not posted in this thread, there are multiple "'Ring Times" videos floating around.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:35 AM
zpak

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I know a GTR would beat a Vantage. Thats what i said in my post. Ill take the vantage for the look and quality and sound. A real driving experience, not just straight line HP and "lets see how fast i can make my car go from here to here".
The Vantage is an absolutely beautiful car. It will turn heads wherever you go. I love Astons for their design and heritage.

And I like your post(s) because it's great to see that there are people out there who do value other things than "going fast" (i.e. the little/small details in luxury/interior, quality of build, etc).
Old 04-18-2011, 12:48 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Originally Posted by zpak
The Vantage is an absolutely beautiful car. It will turn heads wherever you go. I love Astons for their design and heritage.

And I like your post(s) because it's great to see that there are people out there who do value other things than "going fast" (i.e. the little/small details in luxury/interior, quality of build, etc).
The new guys are "speed junkies" and fail to understand their are more important things to a car than just speed.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:13 PM
kaminariZ

You do realize the Veyron a W12, AWD, 1001hp/923tq 2million dollar car... is only .2's faster in the 1/4 mile? The GTR is also almost .5's faster than an Enzo in a 0-60 sprint at 2.9 to 3.4 and the car cost about $700,000.00, so whats your point? That Nissan is faster than most production cars... in the whole world. The LF-A is old technology that was on and off for about 10yrs and its the first of its kind, most people don't understand that it was made for the car enthusiast that can afford it and not to break land speed records. Motor Trend or C&D voted the LF-A over a Ferrari 599... a Lexus over a Ferrari, wow.

umm correction...W16...not W12. But i agree with what your saying haha
Old 04-18-2011, 07:57 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Originally Posted by kaminariZ
umm correction...W16...not W12. But i agree with what your saying haha
Good catch
Old 04-18-2011, 08:29 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

the levels of ignorance in this thread are astounding.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:30 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JAM3Z
the levels of ignorance in this thread are astounding.

Opinions about which car is superior or more desirable are a very subjective matter. The comparison of the GT-R with the LF-A, while interesting, is really apples to oranges with the only commonality being that they're both Japanese. A comparison between the LF-A and the Ferrari 458 would be more fair and parallel IMO.

That being said... I personally like the GT-R better. The performance of the 2012 GT-R is incredible. I love it's bang for the buck combination of daily driver civility and ability to outperform significantly more expensive supercars (not just in a straight line either). I've never been really impressed with the LF-A and personally think the exterior styling looks butt ugly. The front is hideous IMO.

But to each their own. I love Aston Martins too, including the Vantage, and would certainly have one on my short list of cars to consider if I was fortunate enough to have 6 figures to spend on a sports car.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 04-19-2011 at 08:47 PM.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:03 PM
jbur074

that LFA sounded so sexy! i wouldnt mind having one at all, sure the GTR is faster, but the LF-As exclusivity is what makes it so badass.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:06 AM
Bumpinjeep

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by scmtkings4
not really trying to pick a fight, just wanted to bring this up

isnt the veyron a 10 second car in the quarter mile?

what does the 2012 GTR do in the 1/4? i really dont know
That is correct, last time I saw something published it ran a 10.1. So almost a 9 second car but who really knows, I dont know too many people drag racing their Bugattis.

The Veyron is substantially faster than the GT-R. Unless the GT-R is highly modified of course. Now if we are talking about turning, I dont know. The GT-R most likely turns better but I have no proof. Again, I haven't seen any road races with Veyrons.

So the moral of this post is, ANYONE WITH A DAMN VEYRON TAKE IT TO A TRACK!
Old 04-20-2011, 11:13 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Originally Posted by Bumpinjeep
That is correct, last time I saw something published it ran a 10.1. So almost a 9 second car but who really knows, I dont know too many people drag racing their Bugattis.

The Veyron is substantially faster than the GT-R. Unless the GT-R is highly modified of course. Now if we are talking about turning, I dont know. The GT-R most likely turns better but I have no proof. Again, I haven't seen any road races with Veyrons.

So the moral of this post is, ANYONE WITH A DAMN VEYRON TAKE IT TO A TRACK!
I've seen times varying from the 10.1 to 10.8.. I saw the 9.9 but I think thats a special Super Sport model or something along those lines. I believe Motor Trend clocked a Veyron at: 0-60 in 2.7 and 1/4 in 10.4 @ 139.9 mph... at this point who really knows. I just feel that people discredit other cars in comparison to a car that is a genetic freak... as I stated earlier the LFA was a status car, something Lexus needed to make to be consider on the same playing field as Mercedes, BMW, and etc. In fact the engine that's in the LFA was developed for the now dead Toyota F1 team, If I had that type of money... I promise you a GTR wouldn't be at the top of my list of cars to buy.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:20 PM
show2nite
Banned

I've seen times varying from the 10.1 to 10.8.. I saw the 9.9 but I think thats a special Super Sport model or something along those lines. I believe Motor Trend clocked a Veyron at: 0-60 in 2.7 and 1/4 in 10.4 @ 139.9 mph... at this point who really knows. I just feel that people discredit other cars in comparison to a car that is a genetic freak... as I stated earlier the LFA was a status car, something Lexus needed to make to be consider on the same playing field as Mercedes, BMW, and etc. In fact the engine that's in the LFA was developed for the now dead Toyota F1 team, If I had that type of money... I promise you a GTR wouldn't be at the top of my list of cars to buy.

Genetic Freak, yep your right, I guess you're are talking about the GT-R. Because I read something in someone post that states the GT-R has to modified quite a bit to beat a Veyron. When I look at an enhanced GT-R it still does not add up to the amount of advancement the Veyron exhibit however it will still stomp on the Veyron. To me a GT-R upgraded is a fair fight know " stop whining". Godzilla is alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Konnichiwa
Old 04-20-2011, 01:13 PM
saywat?

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

damn but the lexus does look a whole lot sweeter tho
Old 04-20-2011, 07:23 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Originally Posted by show2nite
Genetic Freak, yep your right, I guess you're are talking about the GT-R. Because I read something in someone post that states the GT-R has to modified quite a bit to beat a Veyron. When I look at an enhanced GT-R it still does not add up to the amount of advancement the Veyron exhibit however it will still stomp on the Veyron. To me a GT-R upgraded is a fair fight know " stop whining". Godzilla is alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Konnichiwa
Whining? I'm simply stating a fact that its not about speed dumbass.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:26 PM
show2nite
Banned

Whining? I'm simply stating a fact that its not about speed dumbass.
Learn how to ******* read you bitc@ *** "Flo-ridaZ39" If you knew how to comprehend what you're reading perhaps you might have been able to respond in an opinionated or factual manner, Freaking moron. Your point about the car (Veyron) being compared stock to stock to a GT-R is valid but no one is refuting that. Then again if you slightly modified the GT-R, it will be a fairer fight and outcome will show the GT-R victorious!!! and for the record this post is about 2012 GT-R vs LFA, speed / performance. Learn to read ******* ******* and stay on track with the forum discussion dummy.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:37 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Originally Posted by show2nite
Learn how to ******* read you bitc@ *** "Flo-ridaZ39" If you knew how to comprehend what you're reading perhaps you might have been able to respond in an opinionated or factual manner, Freaking moron. Your point about the car (Veyron) being compared stock to stock to a GT-R is valid but no one is refuting that. Then again if you slightly modified the GT-R, it will be a fairer fight and outcome will show the GT-R victorious!!! and for the record this post is about 2012 GT-R vs LFA, speed / performance. Learn to read ******* ******* and stay on track with the forum discussion dummy.
Then where did the "Stop whining" come from girly boy? Learn how to read? How about some reading comprehension on your part... The Veyron reference was intended to instill a vision in your brain about the GTR and how it competes with cars almost 10x's the GTR's price. It was merely a measuring tool not a comparison... The Thread is about a LFA vs GTR and you GTR fan girls start with your "blah blah blah the GTR just slapped up a 300k car blah blah blah". Your stupid *** then turns it into.. "You can make a GTR faster than a Veyron". So again I'll use your own words dip **** "Stay on track with the forum discussion dummy"

Learn how to spell and make sense:

I'm Flo-ridaZ33 not Flo-ridaZ39

"If you knew how to comprehend what you're reading perhaps you might have been able to respond in an opinionated or factual manner"

I lol'd at that attempt of making a sentence.

Internet tough guy... these new guys are tards.

Last edited by Flo-ridaZ33; 04-21-2011 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Show2nights stupidity rubbed off on me

Quick Reply: LFA v. 2012 GTR: Drag Race