Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Attn: Ventilated Seat Owners!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 08:35 PM
siouxish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Attn: Ventilated Seat Owners!!!

I'm about to purchase an "05 with ventilated seats. Are you happy with your seats?? Any concerns I should have getting these vs. the straight leather seats?

Thanks so much in advance for any input (good or bad) regarding these seats!!
Old 12-30-2004, 02:45 AM
butterwm

I just picked mine up this week. I really went hard between what seats I wanted. I was kind of scared because in the pictures I saw it looked almost too orange to me. None of the dealers around here had them to look at so I had nothing to compare. After weeks of contemplating, I decided to take a chance since they would be different and something no one else had. I picked up my car this week (it is a silverstone ZR) and let me tell you I made a great decision - the seats look awesome! It was the best decision I ever made and they feel great too. What color roadster are you getting and have you been able to see the seats at all from any of the dealerships around you?
Old 12-30-2004, 07:10 AM
siouxish

Default I'm buying a LeMans Sunset Orange

I've seen the seats in person on a Black ZR and they looked good. I was more concerned with comfort and durability rather than appearance.
Old 12-30-2004, 08:31 AM
Built2shredZ

I luv mine... cool thing about them is when the top is down air will go into the top part of the seat and blow on your back to keep it dry.... Comes in handy during the summer months... no more wet shirts..

Only thing that scares me about having them is if a bird craps on the seats... be a b!tch to get it out from under the netted part of the seat...
Old 12-30-2004, 10:34 AM
rjpaterson
Z Enthusiast

I've had my SS roadster since 9/03 and love the ventilated seats
Old 12-31-2004, 08:28 AM
Penderwheels

Luv them except for the lumbar support. Got sore back on 1500 mile trip.

I wedged a padded block behind the mesh and in front of the lower crossbar. Feels better.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:10 AM
RedHerring

They Rattle and Squeek and wear extremely quickly. The leather is very prone to wear. My 1 year old drivers seat looks like my last cars driver seat after 7 years. There is a TSB out on the seat about the hinge cover breaking, like on my roadster. There is a TSB out to address the left/right shifting/squeeking that the seat does when you take a turn in the car. I am *UNDERIMPRESSED* by the vented seats to say the least. The only advantage is that they look good. If I had it to do over again, I would do it differently. My honest opinion.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:26 AM
Built2shredZ

I like the looks of them enough that im willing to drop the car off for the day to get them fixed....

I've only had my car for like 6 months, but the seats still look brand new.... although I do noticed a tendency for them to get dirty really fast especially on the backside.... guess its just road grim collecting on them when the top is down..

by the way i've seen coupe owners also complaining about rockin seats... so i think thats just a bracket issue on all 350z's

Last edited by Built2shredZ; 01-05-2005 at 11:31 AM.
Old 01-06-2005, 01:07 AM
aznmojo

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I love the orange seats, wouldn't have traded it for anything else. However, i do question their durability. I have had a button on my pants get caught a few times, good thing nothing ripped but the mesh really does get me worried that i would snag it one day. Anyone snag their mesh? Also, keep ur seats clean by cleaning it with leather wipes every week, that should help with durability. If you baby them with oil and clean them, i am sure they will last quite long.
Old 01-08-2005, 05:23 PM
LemanZ

I have the Leman sunset with the burnt orange seat, it looks great. I don't think any other color seat is suit for the leman sunset roadster

Last edited by LemanZ; 01-08-2005 at 05:26 PM.
Old 01-08-2005, 06:14 PM
netman_one

[QUOTE]Originally posted by LemanZ
[B]I have the Leman sunset with the burnt orange seat, it looks great. I don't think any other color seat is suit for the leman sunset roadster

The BO net seats should be standard on all Super Black ZR's!
Attached Thumbnails Attn: Ventilated Seat Owners!!!-dsc00275.jpg  
Old 01-11-2005, 08:44 AM
maxpowers

I find that if it gets real hot in the summer and want to drive with the top down, I crank the A/C on the floor vents and the cool air goes under the seats and up through the mesh. Its a nice effect, similar to the DeVille Cadillac I rented this summer.