Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

MoterTrend's Convertible Picture

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2002, 08:33 PM
pdtsyzygy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really hope that picture isn't accurate. I love convertibles, but I don't like that one.

On the other hand, maybe I won't feel so bad about buying a coupe then!
Old 11-12-2002, 12:22 AM
JamieH

Default Photochop

The picture says it was "enhanced' right on it. That is the same shot they put in their mag earlier this year. It is just a photochop.
Old 11-12-2002, 01:31 AM
CSTrack

It very well may be (and probably is) a photoshop, but don't think just because it is it will look totally different. I see many people completely disregarding photoshopped pictures without taking into consideration that these automobile magazines might be going somewhere with their published (photoshop) pictures...
Old 11-12-2002, 05:19 AM
cotmfk

Originally posted by CSTrack
It very well may be (and probably is) a photoshop, but don't think just because it is it will look totally different. I see many people completely disregarding photoshopped pictures without taking into consideration that these automobile magazines might be going somewhere with their published (photoshop) pictures...
True, true. They have to say on there that it is photoshopped to cover their butts. The reason they have it on their, though, is that they feel that the rendition is close to what the actual version will look like. I still would like to have t-tops, though... but I don't know if that will ever happen!
Old 11-12-2002, 05:36 AM
350zSpeedRacer

Yeah...I'm not a big fan of convertibles. Loss of structural integrity, wond noise, leaking, etc. Just doesn't seem worth it to me. Especially since you usually have to pay more for them!
Old 11-12-2002, 07:22 AM
RODiculouZ

From what I have heard which have all been rumors so far is that the convertible is going to be a hard top convertabile. How is this going to be possible with the limited trunk space the car has right now?
Old 11-14-2002, 11:13 AM
cotmfk

Originally posted by RODiculouZ
From what I have heard which have all been rumors so far is that the convertible is going to be a hard top convertabile. How is this going to be possible with the limited trunk space the car has right now?
I have heard those rumours too, but since they have photoshopped pics of it with a rag top, I would think that they are canning the idea. If they did go ahead with it, then what would happen to the trunk space would be that there is none when the top is down!!! Ala 3000GT spyder. It would also most likely be expen$ive.