Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Roadster picts from the track...

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 11:36 AM
Ivey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roadster picts from the track...

Just wanted to post a few picts from a recent track event I took the Z to. The Roadster handled great and held up perfect for the entire weekend. Give credit to Euroimage (www.euroimage.us) since I’m boring his picts and haven’t yet purchased them. He’s shooting again at my next track event and I am waiting to decide which shots I like best before buying.

In my opinion, other than the brand new GT3 and the Ferrari that were also there that weekend, the Roadster looked the best! Man I love this car.
Attached Thumbnails Roadster picts from the track...-6.jpg   Roadster picts from the track...-4.jpg   Roadster picts from the track...-18.jpg   Roadster picts from the track...-19.jpg   Roadster picts from the track...-21.jpg  

Old 06-20-2005, 11:39 AM
Ivey

few more...
Attached Thumbnails Roadster picts from the track...-1.jpg   Roadster picts from the track...-11.jpg   Roadster picts from the track...-26.jpg   Roadster picts from the track...-9.jpg   Roadster picts from the track...-17.jpg  

Old 06-20-2005, 02:43 PM
jcpeyton

Nice pics. Thanks for posting them; the Z looks really good out there. My favorite pic is #5 in the first posting.
Old 06-20-2005, 02:46 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

wow..nice. At those corners, will it scrap your front bumper at all? look pretty low to me.
Old 06-20-2005, 03:47 PM
charlie_rdstr_Z

I like 1 and 5 from the first set.
Old 06-21-2005, 04:14 AM
Ivey

thanks, glad you like them. It was a great track and heavy on the technical side. even with the Nismo sway bars I still felt like there was too much body roll. I didn't have any clearance issues and would like to eventually lower it and upgrade the suspension.
Old 07-08-2005, 08:00 PM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice to see a ZR getting put to good use. Nice pics too!
Old 07-09-2005, 05:16 AM
Netko350Z

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

What the "blue" stuff over your lights?
Old 07-09-2005, 11:56 AM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Netko350Z
What the "blue" stuff over your lights?
3M Scotch Painter's tape

http://products3.3m.com/catalog/us/e...er/output_html
Old 07-19-2005, 09:59 AM
The Mike

Nice pictures except for the blue headlights and sidemarkers just don't fit well imho. Is there a purpose to that or you just like it that way? If it's protection from bugs... then what about the whole bumper? Hitting bugs at 100+ has actually chipped into my paint before. Anyhow if its a photoshoot showing off my car I don't think i'd want the blue tape.

Last edited by The Mike; 07-19-2005 at 10:02 AM.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:12 AM
neur0sis

Blue tape is track regulation, so if there is an accident, you won't spread plastic / glass shards all over the track, IIRC...
Old 07-19-2005, 07:25 PM
EnthuZ
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by neur0sis
Blue tape is track regulation, so if there is an accident, you won't spread plastic / glass shards all over the track, IIRC...

The taped areas of this Z are all plastic. Some clubs DO require taping glass headlights though. The only purpose here is to keep his paint from getting chipped. I MUCH prefer wearing a clear bra. The blue tape looks tacky, IMHO. But my Z is used for track use #1. Street looks don't matter to me.

On another note......sell your Nismo sway bars and get some adjustable bars that WILL reduce roll. Cusco, EVO, or HotKiss!

Glad you had fun DRIVING your Z!
Old 07-20-2005, 01:11 PM
Ivey

Glad you like the picts, just did another track event this weekend and will have more to post soon. You guys don't like the tape huh? I was hoping it would catch on as a cool new mod and everyone would be doing it soon. Actually I do it because it's just easier to tape up than listen to the instructors tell you why you should have. The bugs and tire marks come clean pretty easy (thank you Zaino!) but the tape does help when the first-time track goer slides into the gravel in front of you.

As for the NISMO sway bar, I got it brand new for half price so I couldn't pass up the deal and it seems to do the job well enough for my driving ability. For the serious track driver I wouldn't recommend spending the $ on the NISMO's.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:48 PM
Ivey

More pictures from the last track event, this one was on the Summit Point main track during the Hyperfest event. Give credit again to Euroimage (www.euroimage.us). Roadster did great, even during one session on wet ground – using Michelin Pilot Sports of course (not those crappy Potenza RE040’s)
Attached Thumbnails Roadster picts from the track...-h1.jpg   Roadster picts from the track...-h2.jpg   Roadster picts from the track...-h3.jpg   Roadster picts from the track...-h5.jpg   Roadster picts from the track...-h6.jpg  

Old 07-26-2005, 12:48 PM
Ivey

last ones
Attached Thumbnails Roadster picts from the track...-h7.jpg   Roadster picts from the track...-h9.jpg   Roadster picts from the track...-h12.jpg   Roadster picts from the track...-h14.jpg   Roadster picts from the track...-h15.jpg  

Old 07-26-2005, 02:43 PM
The Mike

When you go to the track are you actually racing or just staying single file with lots of room between you and the next guy in front of you?
Old 07-27-2005, 04:15 AM
Ivey

Not racing and not timed since these are just "Driver Education" type events but there are passing zones where you can fly by other drivers. There are also actual races that run between student sessions which makes for a fun weekend of watching and learning as well. NASA instructors do a good job of making sure everyone is safe while still allowing people to learn how to drive as if in a race. There are some corners leading into passing zones where you can get pretty close to the car in front of you in preparation to pass. Top speed for me that day was around 124 on the front straight which was pushing it a little given my brake setup.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:16 AM
sweetsuga

Default Ivey - how'd you get away with your helmet above hoops??

I just picked up my new 05 roadster and had planned to take it to Thunderhill on the 30th of July. I needed to get certified before hitting the track by myself. I was told by track officials that the helmet must not be taller than the hoops.

I've been looking for ways to mod so I can have a co-pilot or an instructor in passenger seat but have had no luck - top wouldn't close if roll bar was taller.

Help a girl out....
Old 07-28-2005, 01:01 PM
Ivey

May not be able to help much, they have the same guidelines regarding helmet and roll hoops but were nice enough to allow me to take the extra risk and still drive on the track. On the flip side, I can't take the roadster to a track like VIR because they won't allow it at all. One advantage of the Z is that the windshield is higher up and if they draw a line from it to the hoop, it is usually above the helmet so in an actual roll-over, you might just survive. I've just accepted that you can't argue with the track officials and if they say "no" then you just can't drive there.

Some have suggested to try replacing the seats with a lower profile racing seat but I'm not sure it's really worth it. Bottom line... until someone finds a way to install a taller roll bar, the roadster really isn't designed to track. If you've seen the picture of the actual inside of the stock roll hoops you would also be upset to know that the actual metal bar is like an inch below the top of the plastic.

Only solution I know for now is to come out to West Virginia and drive at Summit Point.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:22 PM
sweetsuga

Default Definately a bummer

Definately bummed to hear the bar is actually an inch lower than top of plastic hoop cover. Actually took a look at some race seats today.

Actually this will buy me another 2 to 2+ inches max however this will help. I just need to find an instructor that's all legs and has a shorter torso than my good friend.

Just hate f'n with seats since mine have the works.

Again thanks.