Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Convertible with Ventilated Seats

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 07:20 AM
Them Bones

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Lincoln Navigator has air conditioned seats...
Old 07-08-2003, 07:26 AM
Mr350Z

Infiniti M45 has A/C seats....
Old 07-08-2003, 11:23 AM
EmuMessenger

Many cars have this option.

I believe the Saab 9-5 and the Ford Expedition are the least expensive cars offering this option.

To restate some earlier comments, air conditioned seats are AWESOME!

The seats work in a way similar to an air hockey table.
Old 07-22-2003, 01:41 PM
EmuMessenger

Has anyone seen a 350 with the ventilated seats in person?

Still hoping they may be air conditioned, like other cars.
Old 07-22-2003, 04:10 PM
nosuchsol

Yah, I saw them back in June when I went to the AVP tournament in San Diego. Since it was Nissan sponsored they had a bunch of nissans around. They had a silverstone 350Z vert with vented seats. They aren't air conditioned, just perforated for sweaty backed persons.
Old 07-23-2003, 06:09 AM
EmuMessenger

Originally posted by nosuchsol
Yah, I saw them back in June when I went to the AVP tournament in San Diego. Since it was Nissan sponsored they had a bunch of nissans around. They had a silverstone 350Z vert with vented seats. They aren't air conditioned, just perforated for sweaty backed persons.
That is disappointing. I guess I need to find another roadster. That was among the top three reasons I wanted this car.
Old 01-14-2004, 12:17 PM
ditnhau99

I placed order on a 350z roadster and asked if the ventilated seats are an option are standard they say its option with no extra cost
Old 01-14-2004, 08:07 PM
zmann

"ventilated" means vented and that is exactly what these seats are, they are a mesh material that allows moving air to "vent" through. I've seen the seats on several cars in dealerships. I'm sure it is simply a rare option. It is true they are only on the touring, but the roadster only comes in enthusiast and touring trim. When heated, only the seat cushion has the heat pad installed, unlike both the cushion and the lower back in the leather seats. I've sat in them and I think they are comfy enough. However, I'm not sure I would want them. I like to drop the top in 40 to 50 degree weather and I'm not sure I'd care for the ventilation in those temperatures. I've never driven one with the ventilated seats so I can't really say how they perform and just how much air really does circulate. Plus, I like heat on the back as well as the butt! Regarding A/C in the seats...we were in LA a couple weeks ago and had a rental Lincoln Navigator. It had heated and air conditioned front seats. It's not like it blows air on you; it is just like the seats get super-cooled in the same areas that heat. I kind of liked it. I'm pretty sure the Infiniti M45 has the option, and I would guess the Q does as well. It's not as rare a feature as you might think. I'll bet in a few years we'll see it on maxima's and Z's, alike. Search dealer inventory on-line to find one equipped with those seats and check them out. They are definitely worth a look. srm
Old 01-15-2004, 10:22 AM
samw1978

I just bought a Japanese booklet that's about Z roadsters only, it has some nice pix of that seat, the seat has an about 5'X5' square hole, if you remove the mesh somehow, you can actually see through the seat.
And there's a diagram there also shows how wind blow through the seat and the rest of the car....
well, I guess this is what they meant by 'Ventilated Seats'

ps: my scanner's dead now, I'll see if I can get it scaned and posted up here asap
Old 01-15-2004, 01:43 PM
Donald0730

The leather in the coupe has vents too right? Not like the ones on the roadster but they have those tiny holes all over. Their purpose is let body heat expel through the seats.
Old 01-15-2004, 03:32 PM
cusdaddy

I just got back from the Detroit auto show. The Z conv. there had these "ventilated" seats. I sat in the car. It was uncomfortable IMO. It felt like sitting on a plastic grated mesh material. Definitely the most uncomfortable seats in the Z compared to the Cloth and regular leather. It also looked pretty crappy in person. I'd avoid this option personally
Old 01-15-2004, 05:15 PM
Gigi

I originally ordered Silverstone w/ orange ventilated seats. I loved that combination on the Nissan website. When I saw the orange seats in person (not ventilated) I thought yuk..why soooo orange. IMO... it made them look cheap. If they toned them down they wouldn't be so bad. I cancelled my order. I have SB w/ charcoal int. Every day that I look at my car I am sooo glad that I didn't get those orange seats.
Old 01-27-2004, 12:03 PM
goldndwgz

Hey Gigi....I bought a SB with the orange ventilated seats and i love the sensation with the top down and the looks that the car gets with the orange offsetting the black...everyone loves it.....hey where did you get your SB from.....I bought mine from Peruzzi Nissan
Old 01-27-2004, 12:28 PM
wutafobb

ventilated seats are jsut PMIP hehehe!
Old 01-27-2004, 02:14 PM
Gigi

Originally posted by goldndwgz
Hey Gigi....I bought a SB with the orange ventilated seats and i love the sensation with the top down and the looks that the car gets with the orange offsetting the black...everyone loves it.....hey where did you get your SB from.....I bought mine from Peruzzi Nissan
I'm glad you like your orange seats. I bet it does look nice w/ the SB. I haven't seen the ventilated ones.

I bought my car from Cooper Nissan in Easton, Pa. Bought it for sticker. Peruzzi... I bought 3 Nissans from them one Toyota and one used Corvette. They told me they'd call as soon as they got the Roadster in and would give me a GREAT deal. (since I was a loyal customer). They called...had a white w/ blue roof...they told me $48,100 $10,000 over list...I hung up on them and will never give them one more ounce of business. Thompson and Cooper Nissan were the only ones I found selling at sticker anywhere around here. In NJ, Flemington.

Good luck with your car... I sure hope Peruzzi treated you better than me.

Last edited by Gigi; 01-29-2004 at 08:55 PM.