Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Wouldn't start...

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 05:49 PM
Bananas!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wouldn't start...

Had the Z for about 3 weeks now. Getting used to the throwout bearing racket. Clutch pedal (from time to time) refuses to return to proper rest position (stops about half way). I can live with all that, but today after driving 40 miles home from work, I stoped at the local convienance store for a six, and the car wouldn't start. It would turn and turn and turn but not start. Called the wife to get the tow rope to come and get me. Before she left the house the car started.
My question to you is... Has anybody experienced this and what was the fix.

Bananas!
Old 04-03-2008, 08:28 PM
frankyB

you would have better chance in the generic forum to get an answer (more people)
Old 04-04-2008, 02:47 AM
SteenH

Originally Posted by Bananas!
Had the Z for about 3 weeks now. Getting used to the throwout bearing racket. Clutch pedal (from time to time) refuses to return to proper rest position (stops about half way). I can live with all that, but today after driving 40 miles home from work, I stoped at the local convienance store for a six, and the car wouldn't start. It would turn and turn and turn but not start. Called the wife to get the tow rope to come and get me. Before she left the house the car started.

Bananas!
May not be this easy... but mine did the same and it was a loose negative battery terminal. Someone also mentioned to me to check the fuses behind the battery. That wasn't my problem though. Tightened up the terminal and good to go.

Good luck.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:28 AM
angelo350z

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bananas!

Bananas!

If ir cranks but won't start, you're missing either air, fuel, or spark. I doubt air would be your problem, perhaps your spark plugs aren't firing, of you're experiencing fuel deprivation. Any of these may be caused by a malfunctioning sensor that gives your ECU inaacurate readings causing your engine not to run. Good luck.
Old 04-04-2008, 07:07 PM
johns350

Never had this issue on my Z - but it happened years ago on my Maxima. Refused to start a few times - then would magically start. Fuel pump was going. Never gave me any warning.

Daughter's Mazda3 - neg battery cable was loose - BUT - it wouldn't turn over at all when that occurred.

I agree with the above post - either air, fuel, or spark. My bet is fuel....
Old 04-05-2008, 05:05 AM
SteenH

I'm all-in on spark. Would think fuel pump would also show up when driving. Just hope it's a terminal or fuse.... that's cheap.

What's the word OP?
Old 04-26-2008, 07:40 PM
350z-lvlike

i have the same problem.. ether crankshaft sensor or cam position sensor