Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

climate control amp and ipod interface upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 11:56 PM
Nunzzio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default climate control amp and ipod interface upgrade

I am getting pissed I have followed the photo flow chart on removing dash..worked great! I tried removing the 2 wrong harnesses off the back of my 04 6cd Bose and broke one of them. I did not know that I was supposed to push down and pull on these. I pushed the pins back in and the small cover that pushes each individual wire in seems to be intact; I am getting power and sound w/ no cutting out. Any advice on this??
Now the climate control amp that is below the stereo is not going back into place. It is cockeyed and I don't want to force it. Has this have a habit of happening? I unscrewed it so as to loosen it as the directions said but now it is making everything stuck
I am taking my time..breathing slow!!
I am thinking on running the ipod attachment up thru the nav glovebox and setting it in there so I can still use my cupholder for soda cans. Where is the best place to drill? back, side, middle of back in the glovebox? I bought some rubber grommetts and want to make it look neat and cleaned up after I am done. I have an ipod classic and will probably end up just laying down in the glovebox.
I need every and all suggestions since this has really been a challenge thus far.
My main concern is the damaged harness...I really hope it doesnt give me problems. It seems tight. Are their any of the white plastic harness ends hat are used for rrepairs??
Thanks
Jeff