Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

My Z is in the shop...again

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 01:17 PM
FoxyRed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down My Z is in the shop...again

My local Z car club (www.hazcc.com) had a drive over the weekend. We went about 200-250 miles, North in Kansas from Kansas City, into Nebraska then over into Missouri. About 50 miles north of KC I noticed an exhaust leak. I've noticed a little bit of noise once and a while but could never get it to do it again. So I planned on taking it in during the week, until on the way home (about 15miles from my house) my check engine light came on.

I took her into the service this morning. THey are telling me I have broken welds on the catalitic converter. They are replacing the cat. When I asked what caused it they have no idea. Its a 2007 with 6500 miles. The good news is, its covered under warrenty. And I'm in a rental (we have an enterprise on site here at my work Progressive) So I talked her into giving me an Altima. But in the last few days of nice weather....I'm without my Z.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:26 PM
Built2shredZ

Bummer.... Tell them to throw a Nismo exhaust on there, probably costs the same...
Old 10-27-2008, 01:43 PM
FoxyRed

Originally Posted by Built2shredZ
Bummer.... Tell them to throw a Nismo exhaust on there, probably costs the same...
Already have one. This is at the cat in front of the Nismo, not too far beyond the headers.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:36 PM
Built2shredZ

N/M i didn't read your post correctly, I was thinking the exhaust welds came apart, its your catalytic converter... Still I think Nismo makes one of those to
Old 10-27-2008, 06:05 PM
FoxyRed

Yea I was wondering... I found some from Stillen but I know Nissan will back up Nismo so I'm sticking with that and they do not make a cat converter