Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Help! Has anyone installed aftermarket seats into a Roadster?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 07:05 PM
BPT Z33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Has anyone installed aftermarket seats into a Roadster?

Has anyone installed seats into the New Z Roadster?
For Roadster ppl, one would know that the passenger seat will move forward when the roof comes down or up... but as the seats were taken out for aftermarket Recaro's I guess the roof does not sense the seats moving forward hence the roof will not come back up and only half way! Has anyone encountered this problem before and had it fixed? Thanks in advance if anyone has some tips!
Old 09-12-2003, 06:43 AM
RedHerring

There is a switch on the back of the passenger seat that disables the seat movement. I would say bridge those two wires in the harness that plugs into the seat and the top should go up and down no problem.
Old 09-12-2003, 02:11 PM
BPT Z33

Default Re: Help! Has anyone installed aftermarket seats into a Roadster?

Originally posted by BPT Z33
Has anyone installed seats into the New Z Roadster?
For Roadster ppl, one would know that the passenger seat will move forward when the roof comes down or up... but as the seats were taken out for aftermarket Recaro's I guess the roof does not sense the seats moving forward hence the roof will not come back up and only half way! Has anyone encountered this problem before and had it fixed? Thanks in advance if anyone has some tips!
Stupid me! I never knew what these switches on the back of the seats did before! (never bothered to find out) Thanks for the tips! Now the roof is working again!
Old 09-08-2004, 12:14 PM
jadebmr

Hey,

My name is James and I work for Valvoline, I currently have our 350Z Roadster and am trying to get it ready for the Nopi Tour (south leg). Unfortunately it has different seats in it and the top wont go up.

I see that all you have to do is jump two wires together, but I dont know which wires they are, and i dont have the seat to check them.

Does anyone have a copy of a wiring diagram or even just a description of the two wires, I would really appreciate it.

James
Old 09-15-2004, 07:03 AM
jadebmr

Default Any Help?

Hey everyone,

I am down to one day and am desperate here. I need to know which two wires to jump together. Does anyone know?

Can someone pull thier switch on the back of thier passenger seat and let me know the two wires?

I can hook whovever helps me with lots of oil and valvoline/eagle 1 products.

james

jadebmr@yahoo.com
Old 09-15-2004, 10:14 PM
Loic

Default Re: Any Help?

Originally posted by jadebmr
Hey everyone,

I am down to one day and am desperate here. I need to know which two wires to jump together. Does anyone know?

Can someone pull thier switch on the back of thier passenger seat and let me know the two wires?

I can hook whovever helps me with lots of oil and valvoline/eagle 1 products.

james

jadebmr@yahoo.com
James,

Unfortunately, it’s not that easy. The main soft top control unit is connected to the passenger seat control unit, located under the original passenger seat.
However it seems that the only active pin is pin 32 on the B353 connector (the one that was previously connected to the passenger seat). This pin needs to be at 0V potential (grounded). That will indicate that the passenger seat is done reclining (when the passenger seat reclines the potential is 5V). When grounding a wire from a harness it is usually a good idea to use a 1k Ohms resistance, in the event that you select the wrong pin.
By the way, pin 32 is the last pin of the connector check the back of the connector for the numbering.

Good luck,