Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

2007 Roadster models in Canada

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 05:42 AM
toothboy69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Roadster models in Canada

Hey, I just bought a Canadian 2007 350Z M6 Roadster (awesome), the dealer listed it as a Grand Touring, my Ins. card has it as an Enthusiast. I'm trying to figure out which model it actually is. Was the Enthusiast model available in Canada? How can I tell if it's an Enthusiast, Touring or Grand Touring? It has heated leather seats, Bose 6 cd changer, NO Bluetooth, and NO Brembo brakes as far as I can tell. Can't find any info on what models were available in Canada or the difference between them in 07. Thx!
Old 03-21-2009, 05:59 AM
350z-Jim

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Grand touring have brembos. So you car is an enthusiast if thats what the insurance company says because they go by the vin. Dealers always list as the highest model no matter what model it is. They simply outright lie to get more money for the car.

There are lots of threads about this very subject search around. I suspect this thread will be lock shortly. Welcome to my350z.com and enjoy the car whatever model it is. This will likely be your warmest welcome, many members hate when people who are new posts threads like this because it shows they didn't search.

Regards,
Old 03-21-2009, 06:34 AM
toothboy69

Thanks for the welcome Jim. Hopefully I don't get any hate replies, in Canada we're pretty much used to being nice to each other, stupid questions or not. I have been searching for 3 days (this forum as well as google) It appears that model choices are limited in Canada ie: 2009 Roadster is only available in Grand Touring trim, I believe the same is true for 08, but my search has been fruitless for 07's. Down in the US can you get an Enthusiast roadster with heated leather seats? I've also found conflicting articles on whether Bluetooth is even available for roadsters in 07 (only coupes) or if Brembo was standard or optional.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:32 PM
XChacalX

I bought my 07 Zr as a Grand touring and it has everything a GT got ... and later on I saw also another GT without brembo which i think were imported from the US then resale in Canada as a GT (thats my thought) since the GT in canada had the Brembo as standard.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:30 AM
Master Shake

Welcome!

From what I have seen, I think all Z's sold in Canada are the Grand Touring model. Of course, I imagine someone could easily import any trim level from the US.

The Grand Touring (and Track) model come with OEM Brembo's, but those could always be added or removed.

Do you have VDC? I don't think the Touring model has VDC (it has TCS) and it also won't have heated leather sets.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:10 AM
toothboy69

No Brembos, no VCD (only TCS button) but it does have heated leather seats. It was a showroom car, <100 km's on it and full Nissan warranty started the day I picked it up. I was also under the impression only Grand Touring was available in Canada. The Infinity dealer assured me it was a Canadian car (not imported for USA) but he also told me it was a Grand Touring . I think you guys are right, it's likely a Touring, I still got a great deal, and I'm lovin' it! Just a little disappointed I didn't get what I was expecting but it's an AWESOME car!! Thanks for the help!