Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Modified roadsters (post pics here)

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 07:13 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by vert-z
Just had to say this after my picture.. I see how it is. I hits we don't have to be friends... Thought we were cool...

Lol I kid. But I feel what your saying. And just for events information my car also has test pipes and full exhaust (invidia) it sounds mean
For the record, the stock look youre rocking I like quite a bit more than the kitted out verts!
my 2c:
Loose the tint on the windows/tails, buy a nice set of wheels and tires to match (I almost got 305s to fit on the stock rear, so go like 295 and you should be fine), and a cheapo front lip and your car is set. And on the wheels, trust me you dont need to spend a few thousand to get quality, lightweight, good looking wheels. I really like my tsws... they were in the mid to lower price range, look great, are reasonably light, and have a great reputation.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:50 PM
mknZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Rice
My midlife crisis gone awry....
Haha! I was gonna get that hks emblem, was wondering how it would look like. What exhaust is that? I like the rear lip.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:16 AM
Old Rice

Originally Posted by mknZ
Haha! I was gonna get that hks emblem, was wondering how it would look like. What exhaust is that? I like the rear lip.
Exhaust is HKS Hi-Power Dual (I negotiated in the emblem at purchase..haha)

Aerokit is full Kaminari urethane lip kit.

Here are a few more pics. As you can tell I have a modding problem needing an intervention.
Attached Thumbnails Modified roadsters (post pics here)-z-pics-007.jpg   Modified roadsters (post pics here)-z-pics-009.jpg  
Old 10-14-2012, 08:40 AM
vert-z

Originally Posted by Resmarted
For the record, the stock look youre rocking I like quite a bit more than the kitted out verts!
my 2c:
Loose the tint on the windows/tails, buy a nice set of wheels and tires to match (I almost got 305s to fit on the stock rear, so go like 295 and you should be fine), and a cheapo front lip and your car is set. And on the wheels, trust me you dont need to spend a few thousand to get quality, lightweight, good looking wheels. I really like my tsws... they were in the mid to lower price range, look great, are reasonably light, and have a great reputation.
Tinted windows- im in arizona hot as f*ck here.
Tinted lights- i have a whie and black GSXR so they match
wheels and tires, doing 19in or 20in VMR 710 in matte black with hancook v12
lip- possibly a nice lip kit all around- but that is no time soon
im doing more performance stuff than exterior.

Current Mods:
Invidia Gemini Exhaust with test pipes
Hotchkis Sways
injen short intake
Silicone Hoses
Carbon dress up
hood dampers
strut bar
Old 10-19-2012, 03:22 PM
Resmarted

Originally Posted by vert-z
Tinted windows- im in arizona hot as f*ck here.
Tinted lights- i have a whie and black GSXR so they match
wheels and tires, doing 19in or 20in VMR 710 in matte black with hancook v12
lip- possibly a nice lip kit all around- but that is no time soon
im doing more performance stuff than exterior.

Current Mods:
Invidia Gemini Exhaust with test pipes
Hotchkis Sways
injen short intake
Silicone Hoses
Carbon dress up
hood dampers
strut bar
Change that. That hurts performance, and imho doesn't look right. 18" looks perfect, gives plenty of sidewall and will allow you to fit large rotors should you ever decide to upgrade. If you have a DE, pick up a plenum spacer. Other than that sounds like a good setup.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:25 AM
sluggoZ

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Change that. That hurts performance, and imho doesn't look right. 18" looks perfect, gives plenty of sidewall and will allow you to fit large rotors should you ever decide to upgrade. If you have a DE, pick up a plenum spacer. Other than that sounds like a good setup.

I have 19's with 14" drilled rotors & 6 piston calipers....Looks amazing too!
Old 10-22-2012, 05:33 AM
MYJDMZ

Name:  _DSC1752.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  146.5 KB

My 06 ZR with 18" TSWs. K&N drop in filter, short shifter, stage 3 clutch.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:47 PM
Resmarted

Originally Posted by sluggoZ

I have 19's with 14" drilled rotors & 6 piston calipers....Looks amazing too!
Idk I've always been of the school that bigger than 18 is rice on most cars, and the Z is no exception to that. I guess it really depends on the wheel style I suppose.

I like big turbo compressor wheels, not big tire wheels. To each their own I suppose, but it does hurt performance!
Old 10-23-2012, 08:35 AM
vert-z

I understand what you guys are saying but I love the 19'' VMR 710. And plenum spacer is already on its way. I got a Motordyne Engineering 350Z 5/16 inch Copper Iso Thermal Plenum Spacer for a good price. And then my osiris tune is soon to follow as I finally have my breather mods.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:57 PM
dexrod

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So far just wheels and tires. XXR 521 18x10 +25(f) +18(r)w/spacer. 265/35(f) 275/35(r)

Old 11-05-2012, 01:29 AM
Resmarted

spoiler depot spoiler?
Originally Posted by dexrod
So far just wheels and tires. XXR 521 18x10 +25(f) +18(r)w/spacer. 265/35(f) 275/35(r)

Old 11-05-2012, 10:16 AM
dexrod

Resmarted...... I am not sure where the spoiler came from. It was on the car when I bought it. I seen others with it. I am guessing it is factory. I am thinking if changing it out with a Stillen Type 1. What do you think??

Last edited by dexrod; 11-05-2012 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Roadster Pics Only
Old 11-05-2012, 10:39 AM
dexrod

I like your engine bay set up vert-z

What is hell is up with all the lowering spring manufactures stating will work with all models except convertibles??????

I know there are some of us here with lowered ZRs.

Last edited by dexrod; 11-05-2012 at 02:33 PM. Reason: added
Old 11-05-2012, 04:41 PM
Resmarted

Resmarted...... I am not sure where the spoiler came from. It was on the car when I bought it. I seen others with it. I am guessing it is factory. I am thinking if changing it out with a Stillen Type 1. What do you think??
I'm personally not a fan of the stillen spoiler, and I like the one you have.
The only spoiler I like more than the one you have would be a vertex roadster spoiler.

And I'm pretty sure that the whole doesn't work for roadster bs is because we have more weight and require stiffer rear springs from the factory and they just want to cover their ***. I'm pretty positive any other springs will work, but the rates may not ride the same as on the hardtops.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:51 PM
Phreakdout

Thumbs up

Springs are same fit between hardtop and coupe. I am running Eibach Sportlines. Same part number used for the hardtop.

Old 11-06-2012, 04:33 PM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

Car looks good, convex spoked wheels are out of the norm.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:40 PM
Resmarted

Originally Posted by Phreakdout
Springs are same fit between hardtop and coupe. I am running Eibach Sportlines. Same part number used for the hardtop.
Care to share some info about that spoiler? Looks totally scrumptious. Let me guess... shine doesn't make it anymore. Time to do some searching

Last edited by Resmarted; 11-06-2012 at 07:42 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:18 AM
Phreakdout

Originally Posted by mr. sparco
Car looks good, convex spoked wheels are out of the norm.
Lol - Thanks. The wheels aren't my thing. Fell into a good deal I've been too lazy to change. I have another set of other wheels waiting powder coating. Going with a metallic black with slight red metallic flake in it.

Care to share some info about that spoiler? Looks totally scrumptious. Let me guess... shine doesn't make it anymore. Time to do some searching
Thanks! I got mine used. It was a Shine Auto copy of the Central 20 wing. I'd give them a call to see if they can still provide it. Their website has been junk in the past.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:25 PM
dexrod

Originally Posted by Phreakdout

Hey Phreak.... your look pretty dropped. Your Sportlines dropped your fenders on top of your tires. Are you able to squeeze any fingers in there??
What are your Wheels and Tires set up in those pictures?? Do you have a high offset?? My wheels and tires stick out past my fenders. I am thinking maybe I should go with a Tein S-tech .8in" drop. I guess I am worried about rubbing. And I dont want to have a crazy camber like those Hondas...lol
Old 11-07-2012, 06:24 PM
Phreakdout

Hey Phreak.... your look pretty dropped. Your Sportlines dropped your fenders on top of your tires. Are you able to squeeze any fingers in there??
What are your Wheels and Tires set up in those pictures?? Do you have a high offset?? My wheels and tires stick out past my fenders. I am thinking maybe I should go with a Tein S-tech .8in" drop. I guess I am worried about rubbing. And I dont want to have a crazy camber like those Hondas...lol
I rolled the rear fenders and they do not rub. Definately can't get a finger between the tire and the fender. Alignment is -1 degree which is within spec.

These wheels have an offset which is pretty high. Something like +42 in the rears if I remember. Because of that, I run a 30mm spacer in back and a 15mm in front. My alternate set of wheels are 19x9.5 +12 and 19x10.5 +12 which shouldn't need any spacers.

If you're sticking out already, (without spacers), you've got a hellova wide wheel or negative offset. What are you running for wheels?

Quick Reply: Modified roadsters (post pics here)