350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Moronic Imbecile...SMASHED into my roadster

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 01:44 PM
JonsilvZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Gigi
Jonsilv z
Very sorry to hear about your car. You'll have to let me know how you make out with it.

I just took mine in for an estimate today. It wasn't as much as I thought it was going to be. $1426.00. They have to replace the bumper and are just going to fix the rear quarter panel. They said that since it is welded to the car it's better to fix it. Only problem is because the car is so new they think it's going to take awhile to get the parts in.
I just got my cars damage estimate. Came out to $2700. Replace the bumper,rim,suspension,upper control arm,bearings,axle,fix rear quarter panel. Will be ready in 5days. I hope it rides like before..
Old 11-04-2003, 05:49 PM
RobertL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had my front bumper repainted and I have redline red. New paint is easier for them to match up
Old 11-05-2003, 10:40 AM
Gigi

Originally posted by RobertL
Had my front bumper repainted and I have redline red. New paint is easier for them to match up
Thanks, I really do appreciate all the concerns and responces I've received. It makes me feel as though I'm not in this alone.

I'm still waiting for them to locate the rear bumper. I guess it will be a couple of weeks before it's fixed.

When they painted your front bumper... does the texture of the paint look the same? I'm talking about that orange peel effect that Nissan has on the factory paint on their cars. I'm still curious if they can match that texture. They said they are going to use Nissan paint so I'm sure it will weather the same in the long run.
Old 11-05-2003, 07:50 PM
iu350Zatx

gigi, i'm sorry!!! the trunk on th ZRs isn't very big, but i think a baseball bat will fit in there.
Old 11-06-2003, 04:32 AM
Ant350

Gigi,
Hang in there!!!!!!!!!!
A member of the "Z" family is down, but not for long........keep us updated on th progress!!!

Old 11-06-2003, 04:51 PM
Metalliraven

Default Underside of front bumper

Originally posted by RobertL
Question... recently the underside of my bumper was scuffed up... You can't see it unless looking under the car, do you tihnk I should repaint it? And how much is it to repaint the fron bumper? I have redline. Thanks!
Old 11-07-2003, 12:58 AM
Gigi

Default Re: Underside of front bumper

Originally posted by Metalliraven
Question... recently the underside of my bumper was scuffed up... You can't see it unless looking under the car, do you tihnk I should repaint it? And how much is it to repaint the fron bumper? I have redline. Thanks!
Unfortunately, I too can speak of this one from experience...My car SB roadster was 2 days old. I let a friend test drive the z in a parking lot. We have always had similar cars by coincidence. Well, he wasn't beating it...but was going kindda fast in this parking lot. He hit a dip...I heard something but thought nothing of it. The next morning I noticed a piece of thin plastic sheet hanging down from under the front bumper. Then I noticed the chewed up bumper.

My neighbor does pinstripping and has a bumper guy at the dealership that he works at. He took my car in that morning. He had it for about two hours and sanded down the scrape and repainted it. It cost me $100.00 You can't even notice it. Mind you it wasn't an exposed fender or bumper smashed in. It was under the spoiler, but you could see it. I was going to put touch up paint on it, but I knew it really wasn't going to do the trick.

The day after he did the repair my husband was outside for hours detailing the car. He never noticed. He is a freak when it comes to detailing. I've since told him. He inspected the car and can't tell which side was repaired. It is worth it to get it fixed!

Hope this helps.
Old 11-07-2003, 09:24 AM
Metalliraven

Default Hmmmm

If only $100, I think I will get it done... although, I have a feeling it will happen again. I know when I had my Mustang, I had it valet parked, and came back scuffed up under the bumber... THe thing is, you can't see it on the Z, but I know it's there... and it's killing me ;-) So, what type of shop should I look for? And I have Redline... do you think it will make a difference?
Old 11-07-2003, 09:43 AM
Metalliraven

Default Hmmmm

If only $100, I think I will get it done... although, I have a feeling it will happen again. I know when I had my Mustang, I had it valet parked, and came back scuffed up under the bumber... THe thing is, you can't see it on the Z, but I know it's there... and it's killing me ;-) So, what type of shop should I look for? And I have Redline... do you think it will make a difference?
Old 11-07-2003, 11:31 AM
Gigi

Default Re: Hmmmm

You might want to contact your Nissan dealer and ask them if they have someone that does touch up on their bumpers. This is often done on used cars. Or take it to a few places and get estimates. $100 gives you a ballpark figure.

They did do a good job on mine. They only worked on the damaged area, not the whole bumper, which I didn't want anyway. I didn't scrutinize it as I will when my car comes back. Same as yours it was underneath.

Just found out today they can't bring mine in till next week, then another week to get it back.

Good Luck
Old 11-07-2003, 12:16 PM
Metalliraven

Default Re: Re: Hmmmm

You might want to contact your Nissan dealer and ask them if they have someone that does touch up on their bumpers. This is often done on used cars. Or take it to a few places and get estimates. $100 gives you a ballpark figure.

They did do a good job on mine. They only worked on the damaged area, not the whole bumper, which I didn't want anyway. I didn't scrutinize it as I will when my car comes back. Same as yours it was underneath.

Just found out today they can't bring mine in till next week, then another week to get it back.

Good Luck
Ouch... another week? I think I will wait a little while to have the bumper painted, at least until I bring it in for its first maintenance. I had my buddy, who is nit-picky at cars, look at it, and he couldn't see it, until he got under to look... so, I will wait. I didn't get the NAV with mine... thinking of putting in an after-market. Any ideas?
Old 11-07-2003, 01:22 PM
Gigi

Default Re: Re: Re: Hmmmm

Ouch... another week? I think I will wait a little while to have the bumper painted, at least until I bring it in for its first maintenance. I had my buddy, who is nit-picky at cars, look at it, and he couldn't see it, until he got under to look... so, I will wait. I didn't get the NAV with mine... thinking of putting in an after-market. Any ideas?
I didn't get the NAV either. I already have a "StreetPilot 111" it's a portable GPS with auto routing and voice. I like it because I can use it in any car.
Old 11-07-2003, 02:33 PM
Metalliraven

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Hmmmm

I didn't get the NAV either. I already have a "StreetPilot 111" it's a portable GPS with auto routing and voice. I like it because I can use it in any car.
I've been checking into the NAV forum on here, and some people get very intense with this stuff!! Not that's it not all cool... but... wow.

I found a small scratch on my panel over the back right wheel... Argh. Compunded it, and you can still see it a little. Looks like someone grazed me while parking. I will wash it and wax, and see if it comes out. C'est la vie, I guess. But, I'm still extremely angry...
Old 11-07-2003, 09:28 PM
Gigi

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hmmmm

I've been checking into the NAV forum on here, and some people get very intense with this stuff!! Not that's it not all cool... but... wow.

I found a small scratch on my panel over the back right wheel... Argh. Compunded it, and you can still see it a little. Looks like someone grazed me while parking. I will wash it and wax, and see if it comes out. C'est la vie, I guess. But, I'm still extremely angry...

"The first cut is the deepest... "
Old 11-08-2003, 11:55 AM
Metalliraven

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hmmmm

"The first cut is the deepest... "
lmao... Very, very true. How's it coming along with ETA for you gigi?
Old 11-08-2003, 02:18 PM
Gigi

Two more long weeks. Bring her in next week, than another week to fix her. It gives me time to order a chrome grill and new wheels and have them put on while their fixing it. Just have to find the perfect ones.
Old 11-08-2003, 03:55 PM
Metalliraven

Yes... I'm trying to plan a good car PC to put in, instead of NAv, but I'm trying to figure out a way to do it so it looks good too. I'm thinking of tinting my windows (even though the top is down 90% of the time) any suggestions on tint %?... Let me know what sorta wheels you get, and pics too!
Old 11-09-2003, 04:25 AM
Gigi

I'm getting mine tinted too...20% I live in PA...it went down into the 20's last night...burrrrrrrrrr. California I'd do 30% it's warmer there.

PC huh...good idea. Unfortunately, my GPS NAV doesn't fit in the compartment that the factory one comes in. I think the factory one looks the best. I already had the other one.
Old 11-09-2003, 06:57 AM
350zroadster

if it was me, I'd hire a lawyer to have her driving privlages revoked, since she's obviously handicapped to the point too incompetent to drive.
Old 11-09-2003, 10:01 AM
Reggi914

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about that, hope everything turns out ok.

Quick Reply: Moronic Imbecile...SMASHED into my roadster