Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

New thoughts about which car..Boxster S or 350Z?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 11:31 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 411 Likes on 235 Posts
Default yup..

I guess this is what it is, a melting pot of things to consider, and its half fact and half opinion. But thats fun because it still leaves it up to you.

To me? Yes.. it most definitley IS about the 996, well actually the 997 wide was much more fun.. im affected by the look much more than the 996, i like the old school headlights that came back. The jagged stuff didnt do it for me.
I have not driven a boxster for a great lenght of time either, as my initial thoughts were dislike. And it was a girls car i took to the store haha. Guess it just was what it was.
Ferrari I am all but banned from as the cars i REALLY liked are the older ones, 355 f40s etc and they are far too small for me. My knee hits the steering wheel on the left no matter what. The 360 is a great car too, and I did fit in that.. but it seems to drive like the larger car it is tho. The sound is unreal, and even better than the top dogs, the Gumpert, Veyron etc around town.

ANyhoo, back to subject...

Speaking from experience in the same group of people in my life, the Vettes are really just that, and although some huge improvements have been made over the years especially as of late, they ( again IMO) are just that.. a Vette. You will feel it. Much more soupy and grunty.
Car n Driver even put it to the Porsche vs GTR.. the 911 beats it out because, well, a Porsche just feels like a POrsche. ( But only a 911 hee hee) .
Just playin, i feel how i feel.

I go back to your statement of BANG FOR BUCK at 20k... i know it looks dumb, but you should REALLY take a look at Lotus. If youre a smaller dude than I, a very lightly used Elise is a go kart on wheels, but creature comfort is nill but the driving is insane. Its not what youd think.

Cayman is killer, but even with the lower miles of a newer car, a slightly older 911 can still be found. I guess the cars i see come and go around my crew are largely bought at auction tho.. and depending on where you are, is certainly an option. Its huge here in Scottsdale. Quite a selection.

Im the guy w the Z in my crowd.. and that crowd ( especially when the big cars make it out to our summer parties) are a 07 997 911, a 2007 Elise, buh buh buggatti Veyron, a very orange Gumpert Apollo, a turbo 996, lime green Gallardo, Maseratti coupe, and some AMG rides here n there. .so thats all Ive ever been ablke to sample from. Thats the easist way to make my car feel like crap about itself,but then again im not in the internet **** business or a real estate IT mogul, i do what i can.. good job to them tho.

I just think after seeing the unreasonable top end, my modest low end, and the shining ability of the 997, it really feels quite like the top of the line cars do, at a ridiculously lower price. SO thats why i favor it highly.

Take some test drives, one car or the other will totally spoil you, and youll fall in love and buy the car. If its a toss up, then it was no fun!

Report back.. tell us what you bought, and pics please!
Old 01-07-2011, 11:42 AM
BornSlippyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on the purchase SeaNile!
Old 01-07-2011, 01:00 PM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SeaNile
I've had some fun cars in the past and started with a 280zx 21 years ago as my first car.

I've had 3 previous Boxster cars and loved every one of them. I don't really care what other people say about Boxster cars, all the comments come from people who have never owned one or driven one for a decent amount of time. It's not about wanting a 911, could have done that. Hell, if it is all about what other people think I would have kept my Ferrari 360. I actually sold my 05 S Boxster to get the Ferrari and now and going back to the Boxster S.

I wanted a fun convert car and the Boxster S fit the bill for me.

pics of both please.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:52 PM
SeaNile

Hopefully I will take delivery of the Boxster S next week, probably Thursday or Friday.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:05 AM
mydaytonablueZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow. What a complete mistake.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:50 PM
SeaNile

To each his own. I looked at a few 350ZR cars and couldn't even get myself to sit in one for more than about 30 seconds. I really, really wanted to like the Z but just didn't.

I am so incredibly happy to have a pristine 2005 Porsche Boxster S in my garage. Can't wait for the weather to break so I can finally drive it.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:09 AM
karas..56

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i can't even imagine my self in a boxster feel like a girl in there.my z is more aggressive all the way and second there are to many boxster here i wouldn't even recognize which is mine in the parking ..
Old 01-30-2011, 05:01 AM
chitownpete

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats, now go to the Boxster forum. I love those cars and unlike the 911 its a true 2 seater. I fit in a Boxster but cant drive a 911 unfortunately, knees hit the steering wheel and no tilt adjustment.