Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Waiting for my roadster club

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 04:38 PM
Whataguy5431

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CYA hsdavis

Don't forget to write and be sure to send photos to those of us you've left behind.

Now, go drive the shoes off it, Have Fun.
Old 02-26-2004, 05:06 AM
hrohawg

To the 'waiting' club.... I promised a pic

Weather here hasn't been too condusive to good pics or maybe I just don't like winter photos.....

Anyway, those (are there any left?) still waiting, IT'S WORTH THE WAIT! I'm at 800 miles and I'll have to admit I haven't kept it under 4000, it's just too temping to stab the throttle to hear that sweet sound. Hell, I've always heard "Break it in like you want it to run" but I still babying it for the most part.

Perhaps we need a new thread "New Roadster Owners Club" for discussing all of the 'new' experiences....

Best Regards,
HROHawg
Old 02-26-2004, 05:29 AM
theSmoothDome

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nice pic hrohawg! I just hit 1200 miles the other day and finally stomped it. It does sound amazing at 6k rpm. Now if the weather ever clears up again, I'll see how fast it can really go Damn SoCal weather...always rains in February! Grrrr
Old 02-26-2004, 06:36 AM
Whataguy5431

Default Unfortunately, I'm still here

Originally posted by theSmoothDome
Nice pic hrohawg! I just hit 1200 miles the other day and finally stomped it. It does sound amazing at 6k rpm. Now if the weather ever clears up again, I'll see how fast it can really go Damn SoCal weather...always rains in February! Grrrr
Hey hrohawg,

Yeah, there's still some of us left here in the club. I'm guessing DeZigner, Copperhead and Svangogh are still in waiting with me. Wonder when new members will start showing up for juice and cookies.

That PPW looks great, have fun you lucky ba#*%rd.
Old 02-26-2004, 04:20 PM
DeZigner

Default Re: Unfortunately, I'm still here

Originally posted by Whataguy5431
Hey hrohawg,

Yeah, there's still some of us left here in the club. I'm guessing DeZigner, Copperhead and Svangogh are still in waiting with me. Wonder when new members will start showing up for juice and cookies.

That PPW looks great, have fun you lucky ba#*%rd.
Yea, DeZigner, that's me, is still waiting. And it looks like it is going to be some time. I had ordered the Roadster I wanted from a small local dealer. We did the paperwork, etc., and sealed the deal with a $1000 deposit. Unfortunately, they were then told that they had reached their alotment of Zs and couldn't order one. I then worked out a deal via the interent and phone with a dealer in Louisville. I went up the next day to sign the papers and drop off my $1000 deposit. When I got there they informed me that it was going to be $249 more. The imfamous "Prep" charge. Can you imagine? Here they were making at least $2500 on the sale but they insisted on trying to get another $249 out of me. For the record, the Louisville dealer is Collins Nissan.

AVOID COLLINS NISSAN OF LOUIVILLE LIKE THE PLAGUE!

So I am back to square one!
Old 02-26-2004, 04:51 PM
theSmoothDome

Default Re: Re: Unfortunately, I'm still here

Originally posted by DeZigner
I then worked out a deal via the interent and phone with a dealer in Louisville. I went up the next day to sign the papers and drop off my $1000 deposit. When I got there they informed me that it was going to be $249 more. The imfamous "Prep" charge. Can you imagine? Here they were making at least $2500 on the sale but they insisted on trying to get another $249 out of me. For the record, the Louisville dealer is Collins Nissan.

That sucks. Greed is one thing. Stupidity is another. They pissed away a sale for $250.00? What idiots. I know that my dealer has 11 roadsters on the lot right now. I have no idea what it would cost to ship one out there, but maybe you can work something out.
Old 02-26-2004, 05:05 PM
hrohawg

Default Re: Re: Unfortunately, I'm still here

Originally posted by DeZigner
Yea, DeZigner, that's me, is still waiting. And it looks like it is going to be some time. I had ordered the Roadster I wanted from a small local dealer. We did the paperwork, etc., and sealed the deal with a $1000 deposit. Unfortunately, they were then told that they had reached their alotment of Zs and couldn't order one. I then worked out a deal via the interent and phone with a dealer in Louisville. I went up the next day to sign the papers and drop off my $1000 deposit. When I got there they informed me that it was going to be $249 more. The imfamous "Prep" charge. Can you imagine? Here they were making at least $2500 on the sale but they insisted on trying to get another $249 out of me. For the record, the Louisville dealer is Collins Nissan.

If you are interested in a Redline 6MT brand new and cheap, send me a PM. Only options are floor mats & splash guards and at a price of $34,500, hard to beat. Heck, Louisville to North Arkansas isn't that bad a drive. It's even fun in a Z (I took a trip to Lexington and Louisville in my old '90 Z32 in 1995). I'm not a car salesman, I'm trying to help my dealer sell this car (he's not only my dealer but a personal friend) for just over invoice just to move it off the showroom so they can remodel it.

Let me know if interested......
Old 02-26-2004, 05:19 PM
DeZigner

Thanks, I'll give it some thought.

I had my heart pretty much set on a Silverstone with Burnt Orange interior (6M).

But, like I said, I'll give it some thought.
Old 02-26-2004, 08:48 PM
adidaskobe

Default roadster

Picked up my chrome silver roadster this afternoon. Big thanks to Jeff @Performance Nissan for hooking me up with Ken in fleet. If you guys are in so cal, real easy sale, 1k off msrp.
Old 02-27-2004, 06:21 PM
sluggoZ

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey DeZigner....Call 1-615-248-5100 ask for Trent Earlie, Hippodrome Nissan, Louisville, Ky. $400.00 over invoice. At first I just could not believe the price, my son found the place on the internet. I came very close in buying a car from him until my local dealer near where I lived really came down. With the .83 mile charge to transport the car & I would of bought a cover, I ended up paying about $200.00 in final cost difference and gave the transprtation cost amount to my dealer profit margin. Plus I got 2 stainless steel black pearl plate covers thrown in the deal. They cost about $50.00 each. But I think I'm only going to use the one for the back and none on the front. I can't believe in Ohio the amount of cars on the road with no front plates and this is a 2 plate state. So I ended up using the Tenna. deal as a wedge factor in obtaining my price. I would not tell them the name of the dealership. I placed my order 1-29-04 Super Black on black roadster with a dead line in my contract that the car has to be delivered by...April 20th or I have the option of getting the $1.000.00 back. I'm not going to wait forever. Who know's maybe it sales take off again and especially in the spring they could sell my car to someone else that is willing to pay say for example MSRP or higher!!! I just don't know.... Before you know it the 05's will be out later in the year. This was only a part of my adventure in shopping for the Z because I have 7 dealers within where I live. They all have different prices and even on the parts too. Good Luck.
Old 02-27-2004, 06:43 PM
sluggoZ

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey De Zigner....Sorry...that was Nashville Tenn. Call Trent!!!
Old 03-02-2004, 04:23 PM
Whataguy5431

Default With No Regrets, I officially Resign

I think I've been trolling on this board long enough, hell I might even be President of the WFMR Club by now.

But I officially QUIT, just got back from Ancira in San Antonio to sign the papers and see my new WHATAZ. She's still at the dealer getting some final touches (V1 direct wire and Clear Bra), but I will be picking her up Thur. Now after 110 days of trolling and envy, I can officially join the Roadster crowd.

Here's the first pictures of a dirty (I asked dealer not to wash it) toy. Guy in the pic is Tony Guerra, a great saleman to work with, those guys were great.
Attached Thumbnails Waiting for my roadster club-2.jpg  
Old 03-02-2004, 04:29 PM
Whataguy5431

Default Second pic

last for today, more on Friday
Attached Thumbnails Waiting for my roadster club-untitled.jpg  
Old 03-02-2004, 05:02 PM
theSmoothDome

What a good looking Z
Old 03-02-2004, 05:26 PM
Whataguy5431

Default It sure is.....

Oh yeah, it's just like yours SmoothDome.....lol We've got great taste don't we!!!!!!!!!!

Grounding kit goes on Sunday.
Old 03-03-2004, 04:39 AM
svangogh

Congrats Whataguy, beautiful Z!! I'm green with envy. Another month or so left for me.

Tick...Tock....Tick....Tock.....Tick.....Tock......Tick..... .Tock.........
Old 03-13-2004, 04:56 PM
ward

Default Order Racing Hart CPF Tuner R's

Ordered black roadster with nav. Arriving in May. I decided on Racing Hart CPF Tuner R 19" with black chrome finish. Tires- I thinking Goodyear F1 GS-D3 tires. Any thoughts?
Old 04-06-2004, 01:21 AM
svangogh

Default Finally got an ETA

After 3 months I finally got an ETA. My SS ZR is due on 4/16. That will be something like 14 weeks after receiving my order confirmation. -- Now I've just got to get rid of my Celica Convertible. http://members.***.net/svangogh
Okay, now I'm getting excited!!
Old 04-06-2004, 08:21 PM
KingofScion

I bought a 2004.5 Roadster in DB with nothing on it. on March 20th. I will have my car on May 20th. Not bad eh?
Old 04-07-2004, 01:10 PM
Wongs

Well after lurking the forum for months, I am finally joining the club as of today. I put in an order today for my dream car, a touring redline roadster with all the options except nav.

Now the hard part, the wait.....

Quick Reply: Waiting for my roadster club